View Poll Results: How often do you project? (on average)

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • I've only projected once or twice

1 6.67%
  • Once every few months

1 6.67%
  • Once a month

5 33.33%
  • A few times a month

3 20.00%
  • Once a week

1 6.67%
  • A few times a week

2 13.33%
  • Every day/night

0 0%
  • At will

2 13.33%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How often do you project?

Blog Entries
    Are you calling lucid dreams projections or just OBEs? I haven't had an OBE for some time. If I try to have them, I have them but, otherwise, their spontaneous occurrence is fairly rare. Lucid dreams, however, are different. I currently have about one a month without deliberate induction but more or better quality lucid dreams if I work at it. When I'm relaxed and not overworked I have more lucid dreams but that's probably just because I actually have better dream recall then.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

2. I have the same question, are lucid dreams considered projections? To me a lucid dream is simply a dream in which you realize you're dreaming, I never considered them full astral projections.
    Last edited by Ariel; 18th July 2011 at 05:16 AM.

As many people, who think they have OBEs to the "public astral" actually do have lucid dreams within their private dream space, lucid dreams will be counted by some unknowingly. Also lucid dreams are OBEs as one experiences an environment while in ones energy body or then dream body - out of ones physical body.

As the experiences while OBE are very subjective, most authors seem to use their own terminology. That is why one almost always has to ask people about what they mean/understand when using certain words. Also some things one needs to experience/feel, they can only be tried to put into words using metaphors and such.
    + Alienor +

Blog Entries
    They do feel distinctly different, however, so, even though I personally think they're all projections, I can handle if others disagree. That said, I also think a lot of non-lucid dreams qualify as projection experiences, but that's a whole other discussion.
    Williams)

Blog Entries

How I classify them

Well, to add to the subjectivity of the theme, I'll tell you how I classify them for myself-
    All nonphysical experiences are projections, because your mind is focused on some other stimulus. In this way dreams, whether lucid or nonlucid, are projections. In a certain way they can be said to be APs because it seems like dreams (whether lucid or nonlucid) seem to have a lot of the components typical of an Astral Projection, with a few variables.
    Now, all being projections, not all are APs or OBEs- not because they are different, but because they're perceived differently. (Now, I'm not saying they're not different, I'm saying they may not be- some seem very different and some don't, so I just don't distinguish for my own clarity.
    To me, and OBE is any projection in which I experience leaving the body, and usually ends in the RTZ/etheric; although I usually don't stay there long, I'm usually 'somewhere else' before long.
    And just to add detail, I think phasing is the experience of exiting to the astral (and to me phasing does have an exit, just not an exit to the RTZ) and some sort of OBE that is usually experienced differently than an RTZ OBE.
    Now, all dreams being projections don't mean they are all focused on the same place/space/focus, they can be very different from each other, and usually psychologically driven. Even precog dreams have symbology attached to them, which means that they're processed by the same mechanism that processes 'daily routine' nonlocid dreams.
    Anyway, that's how I see them.

Ps. I also wanted to add that when I answer the question, by 'Projection' I mean and OBE or AP phase, because used as a verb "I project" there's an action taking place, and usually voluntary.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

I agree, dreams are all a kind of projection, but when not lucid, then it is not a conscious projection. And as we all do dream every night according to the scientists, quite obviously the "normal" dreams are for the poll and also for most discussions not considered as OBE.
    I do usually what I think people consider "phasing". I just close my eyes, shift my awareness and move out of my physical body. This I can also do with the eyes open, but then it is more difficult, as it basically causes two visions overlapping. So while phasing, also my physical senses are still working. I am very alert and have day consciousness.
    Lucid dreaming and those techniques that go via a deeper trance state usually have the physical body asleep, so the senses are shifted more completely to the energybody/projection. I had few spontaneous lucid dreams, but am not working with them, as it takes some time to induce them and also the mind tends to be a bit "sleepy" from the deep relaxation.
    + Alienor +

Blog Entries
    Good distinctions. I acknowledge phasing/WILDs do involve a kind of conscious exit and yet, in my personal classification scheme I dub them lucid dreams. I also don't include partial projections or etheric projections of the astral limb/sight/sound types in considering my average number of projections. Nor do I call remote viewing/ clairvoyance/clairaudience/clairsentence etc projection, though some type of projection of consciousness may be involved when these things occur.
    Williams)

8. Great topic, I really like this thread. Perhaps any non physical place that our conscious mind goes to would be considered a projection of consciousness. Just throwing that out there.
    Last edited by Ariel; 18th July 2011 at 05:17 AM.

Blog Entries
    Yes, Ariel, I think this is very likely. You seem to be quite adept at lucid dreaming, I bet you've experienced dual consciousness. I know I have.
    Williams)

10. I seem to be lacking in the terminology, is "Dual Consciousness", the same as, "Bi-Location" ?
    Last edited by Ariel; 18th July 2011 at 05:17 AM.