Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: proposed solution to grandfather paradox

Gelal Guest

Re: proposed solution to grandfather paradox

Scorpyn Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    Quote Originally Posted by enoch
    If I remember rightly, the only way to solve the paradox is the multiverse theory. Or is it a hypotheses? I can't remember. Personally, I doubt that time travel would ever be possible. Imagine reversing entropy: reversing the environment would also reverse you! meaning: if you did successfully reverse entropy and arrive at an earlier date, you'd have no idea why you were there because all memory would have been erased.
    Maybe this happens all the time already and no one remembers.
    Sometimes something I've known for a 100% fact is suddenly changed, and everybody around me seems to know that I was wrong all the time.

I'm not sure whether this is because of an error in my memory or because I don't stay "tuned" into the same "reality" for lack of a proper wording.

Quote Originally Posted by Freawaru
    Problem is that they would require so-called "Inflationary matter" and noone has an idea how to created that one... so far
    By that, you mean matter with a negative gravity, right? Funny, I was considering ways of going backwards in time this morning, and that's the exact method I came up with (although I'm still not sure whether it'd actually be possible to go backwards rather than just stop time). Seems like my theory about time might be correct.

It might be possible to do something about it with a bunch of magnets...

(This reply was a bit late... sorry about that)

Blog Entries
    Scorpyn wrote:
    Sometimes something I've known for a 100% fact is suddenly changed, and everybody around me seems to know that I was wrong all the time.

I'm not sure whether this is because of an error in my memory or because I don't stay "tuned" into the same "reality" for lack of a proper wording.
    This happens to me all the time, which is why I said that.

In fact, I still say the original commercial says: "Give it to Mikey, he'll eat anything."
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Scorpyn Guest
    Scorpyn wrote:

In fact, I still say the original commercial says: "Give it to Mikey, he'll eat anything."
    I don't know what commercial you are referring to (we probably live in different countries), but the change I remember the best (actually the only one right now) is that the definition of hard/soft vowels was switched all of a sudden (I'm not sure if other countries put the vowels into 2 groups or not so this might not make any sense to you).

jalef Guest
    yes this sometimes happens to me to but i considered it as an error of my memeory, but maybe theres really more to it...

Scorpyn wrote:

This happens all the time. I notice them several times a year. Best I can tell, there are changes in your neighborhood many times an hour (possibly more).

From my understanding, you are allowed to change the universe in any way you see fit provided you don't affect anything or any one. I know its a little tricky but possible, I've done it. One of the tricks is to change things since the beginning of time. This way there are not 'changes' you are just rearranging the way thing have always been. The problem is that the system has some problems. The principle one is that any one else doing this or any time based magic at the same time do not get 'updated'. The change still occurs but they continue to remember the 'old' universe. Note that the changer always remembers the old universe. Clearly subtle changes are easier to get away with than major ones.

The one trick I can do repeatedly is to make slow traffic in front of me turn at the next reasonable place. This is done by moving where their destination is such that is has always required them to turn at the next intersection. Naturally when they get to their exit, they turn (which is conveniently just up ahead). There is a flaw. Some people are just driving and have no destination per se (does not work on them). I managed to teach someone else to do this, but in their version the person pulled off the road for moment (allowing them by).
    Sin nada (Nothing is impossible)

Blog Entries
    So technically I did the Mikey thing? If I did it- can I undo it? I think I'm going to test this.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Scorpyn Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wstein
    any one else doing this or any time based magic at the same time do not get 'updated'. The change still occurs but they continue to remember the 'old' universe. Note that the changer always remembers the old universe.
    So, in my case, someone might have switched the definition of soft/hard vowels in order to get better scores on a test or something?

Is it enough to have the ability to change things to notice when things are changed by someone else, or do you have to actively change something at the same time?

I don't understand the "don't affect a thing or anyone" part of what you wrote. Do you mean that it's possible to make changes, but not really major ones? Or the possibility of making changes, but none that change the history?

Freawaru Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpyn

Quote Originally Posted by Freawaru
    Problem is that they would require so-called "Inflationary matter" and noone has an idea how to created that one... so far
    By that, you mean matter with a negative gravity, right? Funny, I was considering ways of going backwards in time this morning, and that's the exact method I came up with (although I'm still not sure whether it'd actually be possible to go backwards rather than just stop time). Seems like my theory about time might be correct.

It might be possible to do something about it with a bunch of magnets...

(This reply was a bit late... sorry about that)
    In case you are interested the original paper by Alcubierre is

Alcubierred. M. (1994), "The Warp Drive: Hyper-Fast Travel within General Relativity", Classical Quantum Gravity 11, pp. L. 73 - L.77

http://members.shaw.ca/mike.anderton/WarpDrive.pdf

Freawaru Guest

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast