Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: OBE attempts v2.0 Journal

U.S.A wisconsin, where the cheese is good

OBE attempts v2.0 Journal

Hey it's me, Guitarmaster72, and i'm back. after like a full year of not doing anything in this place, i kinda decided to come back. i'm not sure how many of you remember me, but i made some OBE attempts and posted my progress here and posted in other places asking questions and trying to experience this interesting world of dreams and OBE's. I might get involved in other areas and maybe even start a dream journal in the dream section, cuz many have told me the best way to have more dreams and lucid dreams is to start a journal.

Anyways, i haven't made a whole lot more progress in OBE's... or at least i don't believe i have. New things i've been experiencing (since last time anyways) is whenever i would attempt is it feels like i can open my eyes, and it only kind of feels like i can astral project... i can still never see anything, and whenever i do, i'm certain it's just a dream and not an OBE. And i believe the feeling of me astral projecting is only my imagination, cuz whenever i try to move around i can feel my physical body twitching as well. No significant progress has been made, but i hope to get a full blown vivid OBE in the near future after having been trying this for a loooong time now.

I'll continue to post progress with my OBE attempts (that is if anyone really cares lol), and questions i have about anything and really try hard this time around to make some progress with my dreaming and OBE's.
    Last edited by CFTraveler; 30th September 2012 at 07:29 PM.

Blog Entries

Re: OBE attempts v2.0

Definitely start your journal because it'll keep your focus on your intention. Also, continue reading other peoples' OBES and lucid dreams. This magazine and its back issues will keep you busy http://www.dreaminglucid.com/ and there's plenty of inspiration here: http://www.kurtleland.com/astral-projection-log

You'll probably even get some insights on your dreams from forum members too.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

I'm just gonna use this thread as my OBE journal, but i will make a seperate dream journal in the dreaming section.

So i tried to project today because i woke up earlier than i usually do. i was really getting into it and after awhile i started to have less and less feeling of my body. It's actually pretty easy for me to get to the point where it feels like i am opening my eyes without actually opening my eyes. i actually ended up feeling some heavy vibrations i normally dont get, which (i think?) is a good sign. After a long while of just lying still, I felt the strongest urge to turnover to lie on my side but i couldn't. when I was finally able to awaken, i had a quite forceful and strong jerk upon awakening that i couldn't stop shaking from for a few seconds... after this i went back to sleep and i think had a couple dreams afterward that i'm upset that i can't remember (i think one of em was based off of the video game Zelda)... does this happen to anyone else? I really still could not exit though... I felt as though i could and the conditions seemed right, but i just wasn't able to. what are good ways to exit? and how come the times that i feel as though i DO exit, i can never see anything, and it's never anything close to vivid?
    if there was ever a time to make a signature, it would be now

Blog Entries

So i tried to project today because i woke up earlier than i usually do.

That's a good time to try because your body is already relaxed and the REM dreaming periods get longer towards the morning.

i was really getting into it and after awhile i started to have less and less feeling of my body.
    You're doing very well.

It's actually pretty easy for me to get to the point where it feels like i am opening my eyes without actually opening my eyes. i actually ended up feeling some heavy vibrations i normally dont get, which (i think?) is a good sign

It can be but you can also project without vibrations and many people believe waiting for them to subside is a better way to project. I can't speak too much for the truth of this since I only had strong vibrations in my earliest attempted projections. After that, I just floated out and I can't actually say how I knew I was ready.

After a long while of just lying still, I felt the strongest urge to turnover to lie on my side but i couldn't.
    Great then - your body was asleep an in sleep paralysis.

when I was finally able to awaken, i had a quite forceful and strong jerk upon awakening that i couldn't stop shaking from for a few seconds... after this i went back to sleep and i think had a couple dreams afterward that i'm upset that i can't remember (i think one of em was based off of the video game Zelda)... does this happen to anyone else?
    The jerk? That could have been a reintegration of your astral body with a failure to "download" your experience. It happens fairly commonly.

I really still could not exit though... I felt as though i could and the conditions seemed right, but i just wasn't able to. what are good ways to exit? and how come the times that i feel as though i DO exit, i can never see anything, and it's never anything close to vivid?
    There are numerous exit techniques but the simplest seems to be just rolling out. Floating upwards, sinking downwards or rope are very popular techniques. You could try exteriorisation, that is, where you imagine yourself some place you know well with some distance from your sleeping body - maybe in a room at the other side of your house or outside your house in a nearby park. Some people like this method because it gets them out of range of the body's pull and usually they are more effective in their etheric or astral "vehicle" with full vision and better mobility.

"A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

today when i tried to project, it wasn't successful but something odd happened that i'm not sure i've ever experienced before. when i woke up (or rather broke out of sleep paralysis), i felt super heavy and could barely sit up or open my eyes... it was impossible for me to stay awake at all... but then when i would lay down again, i didn't even feel tired or sleepy. I put my head back on my pillow thinking "wow, so weird... I'm so awake, and i'm not even tired, yet i can't wake up" I was able to break through my sleep paralysis, but i guess even when you do this it has some lingering effects.

I know i mentioned this in my dream journal but i figured i'd put it here as well, y'know, why not eh?

I keep having that problem over and over, where whenever i attempt, i either can't exit, or i don't feel like I can... so then when I decide to give up and just roll over to go to sleep, I wake up with that really forceful jerking motion that i described earlier. This jerking motion isn't very painful, but it's just weird is all, and I wake up breathing heavily as if I've just went jogging. What am I doing wrong and how do I fix it? I feel like there's something I'm missing here...
    Last edited by Guitarmaster72; 9th July 2011 at 06:44 PM.

Blog Entries

If you believe that you are done trying (that is, that for some reason you've lost the 'window of opportunity' do not roll over and go to sleep. Instead get up from bed and walk around, get some water, go to the bathroom, and then go back to sleep.
    The jerking motion sounds like a hypnic jerk, which can be explained as abrupt reentry- that is, you did project a little and then 'fell' back in your body.
    The reason I say don't roll over is because if you have projected and didn't notice, you will float away instead of getting up and walking with your physical body.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

I think i may need a refresher on some exit techniques... cuz i think whenever I try to exit, I end up moving my physical self, or twitching slightly. Is it bad if your physical self is moving at all? If so, how do I exit without moving something physical? I need some help with exit techniques :/. It's hard to explain what I feel when I give it a go... if I finally succeed one time, how hard would it be to tell if I've really done it? I feel as if maybe I've done it before, but I'm not so sure...

Blog Entries

I would say that if you are moving when trying an exit technique you are either not deeply enough in the trance (to where you should be almost paralyzed, unless you have a lot of experience) or you need to practice 'energy body movements' as part of your practice (not while you're actually doing the exit attempt)- this is where energy work helps, btw- Exit techs are not the issue, because there are many kinds that use different approaches (active, passive, mental, tactile, visual, bla bla).
    So I think your trance must be deepened to almost asleep without loss of awareness. As to energy/ body control, there are various exercises that can help; for example:

Sit in a room and mentally walk around it. Walk to the wall, put your mental hands on the wall, feel the texture. "See" it in your head. "Walk" to the side on the right, trying to recreate how the place looks. This is harder than it sounds, you will find that you're fighting your urge to move, but it's good training.
    An easier version of this: Sit comfortably in a chair, eyes closed; do light energy work on your arms and legs, to determine where your limbs are in terms of your awareness. Then move your mental arm up slowly and deliberately, making sure not to move your actual physical arm. Do this with both arms.
    There is something that Moen teaches (I think it's Moen, it's been ages since I've read about it) called the 'Silly Little Finger' exercise. This doesn't exactly do what the previous exercises do, but it gets you in a 'ready' mode without moving anything physical and can be part of your practice if you assign a place for it and keep it consistent, like a ritual.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

So you believe that my problem isn't necessarily exit techniques, but becuase I'm not in deep enough trance? And also because my energy body isn't loosened enough? I find it weird... cuz sometimes I do feel as though I've exited (like just today i tried, and it kinda felt like I exited, but not so sure) but I couldn't see anything at all. I also get what i can only describe as "fake vision"... I'm imagining what I can see, but I can't ACTUALLY see anything. I get indescribable sensations throughout... they are weird in the sense that they aren't like vibrations, but they are different than me just laying there. Sometimes it feels like I exit, then it'll feel like i exit again, and a little while later it happens again.... so this is why I'm a little confused if I'm really exiting or not. Do you get what I mean or am I just weird?