Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know...?

timdowland Guest

Does anyone know...?

Does anyone know where I can find a Book about AWAKENING Kundalini that actually has made people successfull with it? I've been looking at reviews at amazon.com but I haven't found a single reviewer that reports actual success in raising it. I'm really interested in finding a book that will help me awaken kundalini, really awaken it.

Thanks,
    -Tim
    "Dream ETHER is a trigger to become conscious within the dream"
    "Dream consciousness is a trigger to enter; love, the joy, then freedom; All unspeakable"

Christian Guest
    You can start by reading this, a good source for kundalini information: http://swamij.com/kundalini-awakening.htm

And also browse the AP forum.

Apex Guest
    The sad fact of the matter is, there's a lot of disinformation out there regarding kundalini. Sifting through the crap is pretty much unavoidable. I personally am not aware of any gems as far as texts.

Word has it Robert Bruce was writing a book entitled Kundalini Dynamics, but who knows when that will be out. So, that doesn't help you much at the moment.

a book on kundalini raising...that's kind of funny
    with the idea of "when the student is ready the teacher will appear"/when the serpent is ready it will awaken, etc. this is not something one searches for in the regular sense. i won't bother you with the drawbacks of this practice.
    i will say however, that there is much preparation to be done before one is in a humble enough position to handle such a snake.

I would be interested in your description of what the drawbacks are. As was noted, there is so much confusing material on the subject. I'm not convinced that one can raise Kundalini by force. H.ll, I'm not convinced that the phenomenum is even real for everyone. Just another one of those "perception" things.

It seems to me that in the "New Age" everybody feels the need to label and make sure they are experiencing everything just right. To me, it's becoming a religion....you can't be this if you don't do that, you haven't "ascended" if you haven't done numbers 1 through 16. I like to think that my experiences are different and honor the differences in others. I've yet to come across anyone who has experienced anything in exactly the same way I have. I like to enjoy my experiences, maybe get a feeling for what they "might" be according to what others teach, and then make up my own mind about what they are. Radical, I know. Sometimes the word "New Age" creeps me out. It's become a race to see who can be the most enlightened.

Sure, look up Kundalini, check it out, learn something. But, don't fall into the trap of feeling like you have to be and do just what everyone says.

Apex Guest
    So essentially, take everything that you do find and read with a grain of salt. All books contain the absolute truth for the person who wrote them, but you need to find the truth in there that works for you.

This is especially necessary when dealing with the conflicting ideas regarding kundalini, but should be used when dealing with all metaphysical stuff.

/endsermon

Quote Originally Posted by muse333
    i will say however, that there is much preparation to be done before one is in a humble enough position to handle such a snake.
    I totally agree.

Here's something on the topic:

http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewto ... 9672#19672

Scymitar,
    Thanks for posting that. Very interesting. Do you know when RB wrote that article? He seemed to have many questions regarding the phenomenom himself. I wonder how many of those questions he's been able to answer since writing it.

I find it rather odd that he says it can occur spontaneously and later warns about the dangers of raising Kundalini too soon. I know several people who are extremely spiritual and psychic and have had many of the events that he describes happen to them. But, they don't know a thing about Kundalini. I wonder if it occurs in a certain way, in a certain order because one has read about it and expects it. Or, if there truly is a universal phenomenom that occurs regardless of a person's knowledge concerning it, and if it occurs in the same way as one who has studied it. Hmmmmm....???

"drawbacks" was the subtlest word i could think of. i can only speak from experience, but this is not something just anyone wants to play around with. i'd use the same advice for someone that naively wanted to try salvia, (which is also turning into a bit of new age trend)...unless someone enjoys having their mind/soul matrix shattered. it's not a quick fix, and not to be misused/toyed around with.

there's actually something in that 'grasping' [desire/need/etc] that most people don't understand (i know i've been speaking about this a lot lately), but if you could imagine for a moment the idea of god as a man, or mother nature as a woman...and what kind of response you could expect from grabbing hold, and shaking them for answers...it kind of puts it in a nutshell. invoking the knowledge of something so advanced, and beyond our mortal ability to comprehend...is tricky business indeed. they're not going to take your hand and walk you through the roses. it's completely disrespectful to bother them in this way. it evokes wrath. there's a major process involved, and skipping steps is gonna get your a-s kicked from here to kingdom come...but to each their own!

really it comes down to being tested (i believe). that idea of insisting "i can handle the truth"...anyone that has any strong belief systems should be warned, as well as anyone that has a firm grasp of reality, etc. bcuz their world will be flipped upside down, inside out, and backwards, but that can't really be explained...only experienced.

i'm not completely 'awake' myself so take what i have to say with a grain of salt as well. best to be ready to move through it though. no hesitation.
    mine was spontaneous...i didn't know what the h-ll was going on, but knowing me...i probably asked for it just the same.

i'm not a strong advocate for scaring the sh-t out of people before they being on a journey, but they should be evenly prepared. all i can say is type "anxiety attack kundalini" into google, and read some of the 'other' experiences...some of the 'bad' trips. then ask yourself how humble you can possibly be, what's the purpose, etc.
    the process here of approaching the serpent...is far-far more important then her reaction. there's only two ways in which she'll respond...she'll either take to you (which is scary enough in itself), or she'll bite your head off (literally...if you're so lucky), and there infinite ways to p-ss her off!

as you may note: i was one of those 'spontaneous' ones. didn't know a thing about kundalini at the time...just thought i was losing my friggin' mind! it was, and remains the most terrifying experience i've ever had.
    so beyond anything to compare it with. the worst part was piecing myself back together, which still isn't complete...and it's been over six years.

for me it was a most difficult task, bcuz of the re-structuring. i don't know what happens to those folk that feel a nice warm stirring up their spine, and then they're all filled with light and love, and clarity?!? but that's not a kundalini awkening i can assure you. take everything you thought you knew, everything that made sense...i don't know?!?
    if you could imagine putting your brain in a blender, frappe-ing it, bringing it to a boil, and pouring it back into your skull...and then trying to think straight/understand anything. that's about how it is, and that's only the first awakening. that's the part that shakes your entire house, and it's foundation into toothpicks...and leaves you to re-build.

let's just say i much prefer living in a 'lean-to' now!!! i stick to the barest basics just encase. much less danger in it collapsing in on me.

and this is the PROCESS that i spoke of. the training that a master will take one through is priceless and lengthy. deconstructing all manner of things before going in. i know about this now, after the fact. it's very important to relieve yourself of 'everything' (as much as possible)...
    BEFORE HAND!