Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know...?

Thanks, Scy! Would you mind going into more detail about what happened to you?

Thank you for sharing that Scy. It amazes me how those who go through such terrible circumstances can find their way out. So many people who are spiritual have had agonizing, painful lives. I live in two worlds, one foot in the material and one foot in the spiritual. I have friends from both camps, old and new. This may not be universal, but it's true from the perspective that I see...those who have suffered the most become the most open minded seekers of truth. Maybe there is something to the saying "trial by fire". My friends who have had little more to cope with in their lives beyond hurtful breakups and the deaths of their parents don't seem to have any driving desire to find out why we are here. Those with pasts that include molestation, drugs, alcoholism, abuse, terrible illness, etc. are more driven to find God and what this is all about. Of course, this is generalization, but, I see it so much that there has to be a ring of truth to it. I am so happy to see that you have found a bit of peace. And, you are very brave to share your story. When people share the hope that they have found, it gives others hope that they can find a way out, too. You never know when someone might read your words and change their life because of it, so I thank you.

Rayson Guest
    Scym- PainterHypnoGirl just stole my words I think. I echo everything she just said, pretty much, and I say from my heart a deep thanks to you, and a profound joy that you are finally on to a better place. Thanks so much for sharing your story here.

Dsmoke Guest
    Thanks for sharing the story, Scymitar. I had always wondered. I don't think you are a nutjob at all, in fact you must be a very strong-willed person (even if you didn't feel that way at times) to survive all of that and to live a relatively stable life now.

I think we are all nutjobs. Isn't it great!! Have you ever brought up the subject of astral traveling to a group of "normal" people? The looks on their faces are priceless.

If you couldn't tell, I'm very extroverted. Duh! So, I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut for long. At parties, I think my husband would like to put a gag on me. But, I'm always shocked at how many "normal" people are really interested in out there spiritual beliefs once they hear about them.

Rayson Guest
    I'm more of an introvert, but I too have a hard time keeping things to myself, often. Especially if it's something that's important to me- I like taking down barriers at this point in my life, not putting more up. So I have been gabbing out negs and projection and chi and distance healing, and have found the same 2 things.
    Laughing at norms is fun (OK- I'm just teasing here)
    Many more people are interested in hearing about this stuff and discussing it than I would have ever imagined. It's truly fantastic!

-Rayson

star Guest
    I always thought someone wouldn't get more than they could handle. Since there are a few here today citing their expereinces it seems true. But I wonder, what about the ones that supposedly died?

Quote Originally Posted by star
    I always thought someone wouldn't get more than they could handle. Since there are a few here today citing their expereinces it seems true. But I wonder, what about the ones that supposedly died?
    That's a good question - but what is death, really? Maybe it was thier time and they learned what they needed to learn and could move on? I dunno - haven't died this life yet, and don't remember past deaths.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast