Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: GM's (lucid) Dream Journal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GM's (lucid) Dream Journal

Also, Kurt Leland has mentioned that often simulations can appear like being inside a video game.
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

U.S.A wisconsin, where the cheese is good

Finally, I've had my first ever super vivid lucid dream! The reason I'm so excited about it is because it was actually REALLY hard to convince myself that i was dreaming. The dream seemed a bit sketchy, and only a little bit unusual, but i would think that it COULD have happened in real life, which made it difficult (and surprising!) to become lucid. This actually happened in the early morning after i had attempted to OBE, which I'm not sure if I'm getting successful with or not :/. It's almost as if i can feel my physical and astral self at the same time, but maybe it's just my imagination just "thinking" i've projected, but I'm not sure...

This dream is unusual from the start. It begins with me and my sister (I'm 17, she's one year older than me) driving my Dad's truck (a red pickup) to... someplace... I'm not quite sure where we were headed... but i figured, hey, I've got some cash on me, so i convinced her to go to McDonald's for some food. I found this strange upon awakening (or actually upon lucidity IIRC) because i almost never hang out with my sister, and my Dad's truck is pretty close to off limits for me and my sister. This one dude ahead of us in the drive-thru was taking forever to move up, and when he finally did, my sister wasn't really paying attention. When i told her to move up, she started to drift to the right, towards the building. When i realized she was about to hit something i kept yelling "stop! stop!" until she rammed into the ordering speaker at like 5 MPH. I looked at her face, her reaction, her position, so i yelled at her "What the hell! Are you high?!" cuz my sister has experimented with weed before which led me to believe she was high. I came to the conclusion she was, so I made her get out and I would drive. I'm not entirely sure how, but while we were getting out, we had some kind of like 20-30 second conversation and when we went back to the truck we found it missing. I thought "Holy S***! Dad's turck is gone! He's gonna kill us!!" we looked aaaalll over the parking lot, the drive-thru, and to my surprise i found a LOOOT of red pickup trucks (more than there usually would be), like 70% on the vehicles there were red pickups, but none of them were my Dad's (i knew the license plate number). We went over what happend with the nearest cop, and he gave us some special badge thing and told us we could arrest the guy who stole the truck if we could find him, along with him and the rest of the cops looking for the theif.

I think i blacked out for a while, and found myself at home waking up in my bed during the night. I'm not sure if this is what caused the lucidity or not, cuz it didn't really feel like a false awakening, but now that i think of it, it kinda was. I did remember going to bed at night after the whole truck incident. So when i woke up, i felt the need to go check outside to see if my Dad's truck was there, and to my surprise, it was. This was my trigger to become lucid, cuz i started thinking back, I'm like "wow, ok, would someone REALLY be able to hotwire a car in a matter of seconds and steal it right in front of their owners without them being able to notice? And the car was stolen what seemed to be about 5 hours ago. How would it have been recovered this fast? Maybe I'm dreaming?" I was JUST about ready to start doing some fun stuff after i figured i was dreaming, but then i thought about the consequences. What if I'm not dreaming? Am i really going to believe I'm dreaming based off of those factors? I figured it WAS possible for these events to take place, but highly unlikely. I decided to try some reality checks just to be sure. To my surprise, almost NONE of the reality checks worked at all! I looked at my hands and payed close attention to all of the details and nothing seemed different or weird about them at all. I tried to pull on my fingers to see if they would stretch but they didn't. I then tried to see if i could stretch my arm out to grab my balcony (which is easily out of my reach), but could'nt do that either. I really did believe i was dreaming but i couldn't be 100% sure. For some really strange reason, i began hearing really faint music that turned out to be Journey's "Don't Stop Believin", and thought maybe I'd be able to see if i was dreaming by singing along, and the quality of my voice would be a reality check in itself. sure enough, it was! It was almost as if i had no voice. No matter how loud i would shout, i couldn't produce a sound much louder than a whisper. This was the last straw, I MUST be dreaming now. But right before i could do anything fun, i woke up, but i woke up in SP. I tried to go back in, but i couldn't.

I typically don't have any dreams through the night, i only get them in the morning after i have woken up once in the early morning (around 7-8AM). I've set my alarm twice just for this prupose, but the 2nd time i ended up waking up 5 minutes before it would go off anyways. I figured I've set myself an in-nate alarm clock to wake me up at around 7 or 8, so i don't have to set my alarm anymore, which i've grown to like and appreciate.

I remember for sure having a dream after this one, but i have no recollection on what it was about (disappointing ). One question tho... Why do you suppose none of the reality checks i tried worked for me??
    if there was ever a time to make a signature, it would be now

Blog Entries

Congratulations! That didn't take long at all.

Why do you suppose none of the reality checks i tried worked for me??
    Your guess would be best. Maybe, manipulating your own body (which, if you think about it is a form of shape-shifting) is a skill that comes with practice. Maybe it's not something you've done a lot of in your unconscious or semi-conscious dreams. Maybe you just didn't have enough conviction. Maybe your HS wants you to develop another way of accessing lucidity where you learn to trust your inner conviction without needing to do a reality check of that type.

That said, I do wish you the experiences of stretching your dream body in such ways or pushing etheric arms through mattresses or hard surfaces, just because it's a very interesting sensation.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

It all seemed so real tho... i mean i kept trying to do things that i knew couldn't happen in real life, and i couldn't find anything... i thought for sure the checking your hands thing would work, but was no good. And what's my HS? I'd much rather prefer reality checks than to have to trust myself that I'm in a dream.

Your HS is you Higher Self. What some might call your Soul, the part of you that knows everything, including your purpose/path, and the best way for you to be aligned with it.
    For reality checks, if you're already lucid enough to be doing them in a dream, why not just try flying? Or even just floating, an inch off the ground... there's no mistaking that one, and flying is definitely some of the best fun anyone ever had!
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

Thx, I'll try to remember that for the next time I have a lucid dream (I hope it's soon, I haven't had another typical dream since, only 2 short vague ones)

as for yesterday, I did have a dream that I had fairy godparents like that of the show "Fairly Oddparents". It may seem lame, but yea, I kinda watch Nickelodeon a lot, and same with a lot of my friends my age (I'm 17 in case u guys were wondering). Recently they had a "Fairly Oddparents" movie that my friend made me watch cuz it seemed like it would be hilarious to see a human re-enactment of the cartoon show (not the humor within the show, hilarious to see what the characters would look and sound like). This is probably the most likely reason I had this dream. I can only remember riding on a motorized dirtbike away from a character of the show named Jorgen Bonstrangle, and I ended up crashing into this rich person's house my sister babysits for. Not sure why, but I was trying to get out by climbing up through where I crashed in from (which had steps that like ended in mid-air... it was weird and hard to explain :/) so while I was trying to climb up, the little kids my sister babysits for saw me. So I ran away from them, and the parents had come home, and saw me and wondered what i was up to... so I just... told them I came to so hi... and surprisingly they bought it! In real life that would've been an extermely awkward moment, but they dismissed as if it were plain as day! I ran away from the house in embarrassment, and waking up shortly after. The whole dream felt like it was 5 minutes long tho :/

Today's dream was a little strange, but it could have happened in real life (i think?). I was standing near a swimming pool with my mom and i noticed there were fish swimming around in it. After i notice this, i pressed a button on the floor that caused the pool to recede and drain out leaving the fish without water... and a duck that seemed to come out of nowhere (yet i didn't even give it a second thought or question why at the time) hopped the fence (there was a fence surrounding the pool) and came over to me and my mom. I was actually quite surprised the duck wasn't afraid to come near us, cuz normally ducks would run away from you if you approach them. I'm not sure why, but I put my arm out to pet it (I wouldn't have in real life, but for some reason i did in the dream) and it tried to bite me... then I tried a second time (are we supposed to be stupid while we're dreaming? lol!) to pet it, and it let me... then I pulled back cuz I expected it to try and bite me again, even though it didn't, then i woke up. The whole dream felt like it was only 1 minute long.

Is it worth recording really small dreams you have close to no recollection of that was only like a minute long?

Blog Entries

Is it worth recording really small dreams you have close to no recollection of that was only like a minute long?
    Yes, if only keywords. It's worth it.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

I found today's dream odd, cuz when i first woke up i couldn't remember what it was, but then upon an OBE attempt, i could remember what it was about.

I dreamt I was hanging with one of my old friends that moved away about a half a year ago (that I still keep in touch with), and I ended up going with him and his family to some random restaurant. I had no idea which one, but for some reason, it was someplace fancy like Olive Garden or Applebees, but it also had an arcade room :/? I was in the arcade room when i realized like 4 different pinball machines and I began playing on a Simpsons one I was familiar with to show off my skills to my friend. When I lost and got a high score, I turned and to my surprised there was a little 8 year old girl admiring my talent. She was really drawn to me for some reason, so I tried to get away from her and find my friend's table his family was eating at. I ended up finding my friend in the hall and telling me that they left without us. We went out the door, and it was like walking out the door of my former elementary school which was like 2blocks from my house. We decided to walk back to my house as I woke up during the trip home.

What are some of the best ways to induce a lucid dream? cuz i would really like to have another one since my lucid dream from a couple days ago .

Blog Entries

Lucid Dream Induction tips

https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Thanks CFT, That little counting method of "while lying down count out '1 i am dreaming, 2 i am dreaming'" I think really helped. I didn't have a lucid dream, but it definitely did something. After getting to about 30, I forgot i was counting and lost track of what number I was on... then every 10th number afterwards I'd have the same problem. I don't believe I ever got past 50 xD.

3 different (or rather 3 different parts of the same dream? I couldn't really tell) dreams happened last night.

First one I was like camping with my parents and I had trouble setting up (or taking down?) a tent, which reminded me of my tent troubles from when i went on a recent vacation with one of my friends (which was part of the reason for the vacuum one, my first post in this thread). I don't remember much more in this part except for me and my Dad reaching for a Mountain Dew in the cooler at the same time and there just so happened to be 2 left.

2nd part was about me and my Mom going shopping for clothes for me... and (I don't know why I remember something that didn't happen but) there was a store clerk that recognized us and tried to return some clothes we left behind last time we were there... and it was weird, cuz it was the exact same design on the shirts we had just picked out for me.

3rd part was me sitting on my computer and then my sister and her friend Tony walk in. Their like arguing over what move to make next in this game of chess on Tony's phone (I'm not sure why Tony or my sister were even playing chess, cuz neither one seems to like it all that much :/). Turns out, Tony was (or was trying to get) really into chess and had a bunch of notation sheets lying beside him on the bed. I personally love the game of chess, so i took one of the many sheets lying on the bed, and tried to analyze one of the games he had played against someone.. I actually don't remember what most of the game looked like, or how well either player played, but in the end each side had a castled king and 2 rooks left. not sure why it ended there, or if it DID end there, but it looked like either side still had some play left in the game.

Anyone ever have dreams where like, you recognize something in your dream that's very familiar to you, such as an object or a place/room, but upon awakening you don't ever remember seeing this ever before the dream? Why is this?