Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: GM's (lucid) Dream Journal

Blog Entries

Re: GM's (lucid) Dream Journal

Anyone ever have dreams where like, you recognize something in your dream that's very familiar to you, such as an object or a place/room, but upon awakening you don't ever remember seeing this ever before the dream? Why is this?
    Quite often. Your guess is as good as mine. Maybe it's something you dreamt before and forgot and then when in a dream-specific state recalled again. Alternately, it is just part of accepting the reality of the dream while you're in it.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

U.S.A wisconsin, where the cheese is good

I haven't posted anything in a couple days... but I had 2 short dreams I sorta remember...

First was 2 nights ago when I spent the night at a friend's house, I was forced to sleep on the floor (which is always so comfy....), so I ended up dreaming I was James Bond in the game Goldeneye. My mission was to shut down the sattelite communications dish at the Surface, but the second I finished the mission, I was met by a guard wielding a rocket launcher. I sniped him down as quickly as possible only to find an army of guards behind him. I figured I had no choice but to surrender... so they ended up letting me go in the end (NO clue why... doesn't make a BIT of sense) and it was weird, cuz when I got back to this one appartment I was staying in, I tried to contact Q, but I remembered deleting his number from my phone cuz I wasn't James Bond at the time.... super weird stuff man....

2nd dream was yesterday and it was that this one dude I know online from England that I share the same hobby with (making songs on this one computer program called mario paint) came over to my house and we started playing chess... not sure why... maybe I sub-consciously have chess on my mind?
    if there was ever a time to make a signature, it would be now

Blog Entries

Well, surrender might not be a valid strategy for James Bond (even though he usually ends up captive at some point in the story so the villain can deliver his grand speech ) but it seems to be a valid strategy in dreams.

I'm feeling a little bit disappointed... a saw a huge spark in the amount of dreams i was having when i started this dream journal, but I haven't been having that many recently... I can only remember one, which felt like it was an hour, but i can only remember like 5 minutes of it... how do I know it lasted that long? why am I able to recall how long the dream felt if I can't remember more than 5 minutes of it?? anyways...

I just so happened to be driving to my friends house, but I went onto the highway to get there (which there is not even close to being a route taking a highway to get there...) and I have little experience driving on the highway, so i guess my sub-conscious REALLY overexaggerated my skill on the highway cuz I was crashing into like everybody and causing a major pileup. I'm not sure how, but I ended up resting on my stomach high up in the air lying on a horizontally tipped highway overhang sign (those large green signs that tell you where you are and such). I wanted to jump down so the cops wouldn't catch me cuz I believed I was in trouble with the law for wreckless driving. I ended up figuring i was too highg up to jump down so I called down to the cops below me to help me down. all i remember is I got down safely.

Maybe i should set my alarm to wake me up at like 8 AM again, that might be what was triggering my dreams earlier on....

Why am I having less and less dreams? anyways I had one more that happened just today, and it was LUCID! But it wasn't very vivid or long unfortunately...

I went downstairs into my basement (not sure why, maybe I had to do laundry? our washer and dryer are down there...) to find out that it had been completely cleaned out! There was absolutely nothing in my basement, and it seem like 2x bigger. All I found was a support beam where some stairs leading to the first floor of my building should have been. This is what triggered lucidity. I looked and found the stairs waaay of to the left side of the room. I'm like "wow, why are the stairs over there? shouldn't they be over here?" and to my surprise, someone answered my question saying "yea, we moved it over there". I assumed it was one of the roofers that has been working on our roof for the past couple weeks. but why was he in my basement? I ended up telling myself that I was dreaming cuz the stairs could not have possible moved over... but then I awoke shortly after... and I knew that was going to happen cuz I could feel it... I even remember saying out loud, "dang... I'm know I'm lucid right now, but it's not gonna last for very long... I know it's gonna go away any second now". This could have been a subconscious command that ended the dream maybe, but it totally felt like it was gonna end soon anyways.

Why haven't i been dreaming much lately? ._. And how come I become lucid over stuff that's not super abnormal like some of my other ones where I go golfing with video game characters??

Blog Entries

These are the mysteries of dreaming. If dream recall is low, try going to bed earlier and with less stimulation beforehand. Sometimes a vitamin supplement will get you going again. Pre-sleep affirmations can help too.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

AWESOME! I had myself ANOTHER lucid dream! and this time I was actually able to do fun things in it!

Weird part about it tho, was that checking my hands ACTUALLY helped me realize I was dreaming. In the beginning, I suddenly found myself walking down a hallway in my school leading to where a small theater for plays should have been, but when I entered, it was the school library. Something just seemed off about it, and I couldn't remember anything before walking down the hallway, so I suspected i might be dreaming. I didn't even think to look at my hands, but I did for some reason (maybe my subconscious knows to check my hands when I think I'm dreaming?) without even thinking about it. Everything seemed normal about my hands except for one HUUUGE detail that sent a red flag saying I was definitely dreaming. I was missing my pinky! on both hands! I even remember telling myself "dude I'm totally dreaming" as I felt a big grin across my face. I was honestly a little afraid to try anything in my dream because there were so many people around that would think I'm crazy but after a few seconds of thinking about it, I said "I'm dreaming right now... these people don't exist, just ignore them and they will ignore you" So the first thing I tried to do was fly. I took a running jump into the air, and got some nice height of about 4 or 5 feet in the air but fell back down again. I knew i was dreaming, so i tried again, and this time, SUCCESS! I was really flying! But I couldn't stop! I was about to hit the ceiling, but to my surprise I went RIGHT through the ceiling! I'm not sure how, but I blacked out for a while and found myself walking down some steps along the right side of the school library into a basement type room. It was some nice wide open space which I figured would be a cool place to try and control my flying ability. The cool part about it was that I was able to like... swim... in mid-air, which was so much fun to be able to do! after about 5 minutes, I felt like I was blacking out again, and suddenly everything went dark and I could feel my lifeless body resting comfortably on my bed again. This was one of the best experiences I had in awhile! although I would've really liked to have it last longer.

Has anyone else ever experienced super weird reality checks like that where they were missing a finger, or something weird like that? It felt so strange to have 4 fingers!

I have been having dreams lately... sometimes numerous ones in the same night (or morning for that matter). It's just that I've been getting a little lazy with recording them... One morning I was able to recall like 4 or 5 but I didn't feel like trying to remember them long enough to record them here. None of them had been very vivid, but there was one last night that felt pretty vivid imo.

For some reason I was a member of the Griffin family from the show "Family Guy" and we had found out one day that Brian had gone missing. We looked from noon till dusk for him until we came to some... weird building that... I'm not sure what the building was, could've been a bowling alley... could've been an inn of some sort... or a even a bar (probly was a bar now that I think of it). We had asked the person up front if he's seen him and said he'd been drinking there all night, and then left hours ago. We for some reason decided to stay in a motel for the night and look for him in the morning. When I woke up, I met a guy in the hallway after seeing him come out of the bathroom and had asked him if he's seen Brian (I don't know why he would know, but I asked him anyway... Y'know, you can get pretty stupid and impulsive when you're dreaming?) and he said he took a cab somewhere after drinking all morning. We wound up driving down the block frantically looking for him, and the got pulled over by cops. I got out of the car (again... stupid and impulsive) and went to go look for him myself and to my surprise, i found him in a cab parked outside by the road short a short distance away from the cops. I decided not to bother him cuz I knew he had been drinking and he was in the driver's seat, so I thought the cops would arrest him if they knew he was there (again... just stupid this time). Except for some kind of a car chase later on, I don't remember anything else.

Hey, I forgot about this. Geez it's been awhile huh. I should probably be recordin more of my dreams, maybe I'll get some more lucid ones. I forgot how amazing it felt to be lucid. Well the last dream I can remember is that, I was about to upload the finished version of a video I was in the process of making in real life, but I didn't wanna upload it until I had a certain number of subscribers, but when I checked, I found out I had the right number, so when I tried to upload the video, I woke up, hehe. That's all for now until I remember more.

I remember a new one:

I dreamt I was taking out the trash on an abnormally sunny day (it was a beautiful day out there, nice and warm, and it's during the winter I had this dream), and on my way to the backyard, I see my sister come out from inside the garage (our garbage cans are right next to the garage). For some strange reason, SHE was my reality check... SHE is what caused me to be lucid. How does that work? Well anyways, I remember greeting her and like the first thing I said was "hey, wanna know something cool? this is a dream right now!" and she's like "what are you crazy?". We started having a small conversation about me trying to convince her I... or "we" were dreaming, but then I had noticed something odd... I found her sort of... attractive :s. This is my sister! I'm not in any way attracted to my sister don't find her sexually appealing at all, but I did in my dream... and it was mostly her voice that caused this. Her voice was totally not her own, and sounded sexier than any girl I could have imagined. I even remember saying to her, I'm like "Is it strange that your voice is attractive to me right now?" and she looks at me weird and says "ummmmm... yea, it really is bro". I really don't like my sister in "that" way, so why would my sub-conscious be trying to display this image of her like that to me? Well, after we walked a bit further in my backyard talking, i woke up.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who felt attracted to someone in a dream that they didn't like at all in real life? ._.