Thread: Beekeeper's Adventures in Consciousness

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Re: Beekeeper's Adventures in Consciousness

15th July, 2011.
    Friday
    “Device in the water”
    I’m teaching a Science class in a section of the hall, using a projector. A colleague has placed some device in the ocean not far away. As I begin my lesson, I become afraid that the device cannot be left in the water this long, so I leave my class unattended. Then, I realise I can’t do this but when I return, they’ve all disappeared.

Note: This was my dream trying to get me up to make sure everything was all right regarding my period.

“Supporting Mum”
    I’m upstairs outside unfamiliar rooms in a grey hallway. I know Mum is within and there are many people with her. My sister is with me but not as a vivid physical presence. Mum is dealing with ghosts and J is worried about her. I am confident I have the solution. I’m not sure upon waking what that is but in the dream I have the resources to enrich her life.

“Inviting the UFO back”
    I’m walking in a wooded area that I interpret as being streets near where I grew up but there are actually no streets such as this. I feel that I’m coming home from school but these streets are north of my childhood home and my primary school was south. I’m not quite a child either. There both is and isn’t an impression of a school uniform and a straw hat (like we wore in primary school) and there’s a sense that I’m a girl and a woman simultaneously.

Above me but not far away a flying disc appears. I’m thrilled to see it and watch intently as it disappears into treetops. I call out that that wasn’t enough and that I must see it/them again. It reappears from among the trees and again I’m delighted. I mentally communicate, asking them to talk to me psychically.

“Festival with the Vet and Companionable Dogs”
    I’m in an outdoor venue at some kind of festival (this is a recurring dream setting for me). This time G, I and others are seated at a food testing table. The local vet is the chief judge and I’m watching him dish out various foods that contestants of a cooking competition have made. As he dishes out fruit preserves he explains that he allows for extra water because they had to be made so quickly. I know nothing about preserving fruits, so I take his word for it. I like the little touches he makes in preparing his food for consumption. He garnishes the food as an experienced chief would do and displays it with artistry expect for when he tries to stand up something like toast, only darker and stiffer, in a bowl and breaks it.

His dog and mine have gone for a walk down a grassy easement that cuts into the land as one would expect a creek to do. His dog, a sleek black creature* and mine , walk companionably, shoulder-to-shoulder and I am much relieved and surprised that my dog is so calm and behaving herself with another dog. After some time, however, I feel I should go check on them and, when I do, they’re on their return journey, as peaceful as ever. An elderly lady with a dog of her own has stopped to admire them.

Now G is with me and I’m recalling the UFO I spotted earlier. I’m telling him how wonderful the experience was and he’s enthusiastic as well. Then I say, “It was too good to be true. It was probably a dream, huh?!” and he agrees with me that this was probably so.

Notes:
    I wake up before I can do anything lucidly but, at least, there’s no chance of having forgotten the UFO part of the dream.

With the exception of the first, I’m not at all sure of the order of the dreams and even suspect them of occurring simultaneously but I do know what the final thought was.

* The sleek black dog is the one that in a dream a few years ago latched on to my belly, right of my navel, announcing the onset of a health problem that I still haven’t dealt with due to issues regarding health insurance that prevented a bit of exploratory surgery. Those issues are resolved now so I can book the procedure when it suits me. I suspect the dream resulted from listening to an interview with Amy Brucker, a dream researcher who has explored dreams that give health advice. This dream seems to be quite a positive one and I’m pretty sure there’s some food advice in there too: lots of fruit and water will preserve me.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries

Re: Beekeeper's Adventures in Consciousness

17th July, 2011.

“Fellowship”
    I’m at the dining table of the house where I was raised. To my left sits Michael Timpano, a colleague from my old workplace who teaches Italian. To his left and my right are other Italians. We’re huddled and the man on my right, who looks suspiciously like Robert di Niro, has an arm thrown over my shoulder. The feeling is of fellowship and happiness.

I’m trying to talk about work but every time I do Michael jokingly censors me. He says I must talk about anything but work. I find it challenging, apparently.

For some reason I feel I must type that at some point I swoon to the floor as if deflated. I think I resist it because it makes no narrative sense, as if dreams are logical!

Now a bus arrives out on the street and I am drawn to it, Pied Piper style. I look down and notice I am bare-footed but it doesn’t really worry me, somehow I know others are bare-footed and also in their pyjamas on this bus. I board it and sit to the front. It’s almost full and, again, there’s a feeling of fellowship and also of having done this previously.

That’s all. My husband stirred and it woke me and that’s the only dream I could recall from the night.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)