Wednesday
Mary: Thought form or Ghost?
I try to initiate a lucid dream with WBTB and a timer at 20-minute intervals.

I seem to be taking a long time to get to sleep when suddenly I feel a child’s body crawling all over me, clinging to me as I lay in bed. Initially I react pretty poorly. I start pulling her off me and I even bite her arm quite hard at some point but she persists and I relax and go with it.

She climbs up with her face near mine and I discover that we’re able to communicate easily, telepathically. She is hugging me, like little children will do. I ask her name and she clearly states, “Mary”. I like her clear, loud childish voice. I ask, “Are you a thought form or a ghost?” and she replies, “A bit of both really.” An equivocal answer but I accept the possibility, considering that she may be the echo of a person who really existed, or, perhaps, a lost fragment of person, or the mental projection of a human being. I sense that she is blond but I don’t really see her. I apologise for having bitten her and she says that it is okay.

I think we’ve talked about some other things when she raises the topic of lottery numbers. I say to her, “You can’t predict winning numbers can you?” and she replies that of course she can. She proceeds to rattle some off but I tell her to wait because I want to know what particular lottery she is referring to. She starts again without answering me and she’s suddenly drowned out by a lot of noise. She stops and the noise ceases, then she tells me, as though she’s been chastened, “I’m not allowed to do that.”

False awakening.
Oiled Floorboards
I’ve woken late after the night’s lucid adventure. Glenn and the boys are up. It doesn’t faze me that Finn is home again and that Glenn has oiled all the floorboards in the living areas.

False awakening.
Trying to Record the Mary Dream
I have half-recorded the dream and see it typed on my computer.

Now I appear to have found a reference to someone who had a similar dream and I’m trying to contact him so we can discuss it? He has left a double sheet of glossy coloured paper with bears’ heads on it. I think the purpose is to humorously swap them around onto each other’s bodies.

I look at what I’ve typed and notice that what I’ve recorded after the main dream has changed to Japanese lettering. For a moment I wonder what I’ve done to cause this and then I either spontaneously realize I’ve had a false awakening or hear the beeper that allows me to realize it.

I went back to bed, thinking to catch up some sleep but not expecting to succeed in falling asleep because I was really hungry.

Waiting Room and Tornado (lucid)
I step into an old fashioned waiting room at a train station. The light is low and there is a pair of trousered knees sticking out from behind a corner in the room so I become a little apprehensive. I decide to investigate who this potential male figure is and discover it’s a manikin.

I move to the centre of the room and some kind of restriction occurs. I’m not sure I’m recalling exactly but I suspect it is paralysis. I’m not prepared to accept that so I will myself upwards. My body spins as I ascend and I feel pressure on the top of my head as I break through the ceiling. There’s a sense of great force and the sound of wind.

Now I’m quite some distance away from the train station, in the air, looking back. It looks like dawn (although it’s well and truly morning in my waking world). I’m excited by the spectacle of a tornado that I know I created, spinning over the station and sucking the beautiful old building upwards.

Note: Quite a bit of ordinary dreaming follows this. I forget many of the details as I did with the earlier false awakenings and may have forgotten this second lucid dream except that at the end of the sleep cycle I dreamt I was telling my friend, Mel, about it. I’ll see Mel later today.

I am perhaps semi-lucid in the next dream, at least at the beginning. It is difficult to recall and something to do with inhabiting some kind of complex for students. I start off in a room with one group of people but some kind of room change occurs.

Telling Mel
Context is difficult for this one. I am lying on an upper bunk perhaps, with Mel looking up at me, possibly through some kind of little window. I’ve just told her the tornado dream and she has asked me something about how I dealt with the fear element in the dream. I tell her I danced*. She compliments my skin and says it must be the seeds I’m eating. I think she must have misunderstood something I told her because I haven’t been eating seeds.

*That seems entirely true to me when I say it. I wonder if I have forgotten this element from the dream in writing my summary.