27th May, 2012.
Sunday

It’s 3.36am
"Dog Anxiety"
Bella is in the house at Seven Hills and keeps weeing on the floor. I tell H to take her out and she wees again so I say it with more insistence. He lets her out and a passing man (thin, heading towards elderly) puts his own small dog over the fence to play with her. H goes into a panic and I’m trying to calm him. Now three dogs are running up and down the yard: a small yappy type dog, a medium size creamy poodle and Bella. Sometimes it seems like a small llama joins them or replaces one of them. I’m telling H it’ll be okay, Bella is just playing with them, but he remains concerned. The man is defiant, sure he had a right to put his dog in with ours.

This is typical of the type of dream I get when I set an intention to use a wake-back-to-bed method. Anxiety dreams are good for waking you up. I programme this by saying, "I'll wake in 41/2 to 6 hours after I sleep, whatever timing will maximise my chance of a lucid dream." This is sufficient.

5.12am .
I decided to try for a lucid dream using WBTB and the Saltcube timer (Ramp 4 I think). I had been reading an online book called Thirty Years Among the Dead by Dr. Carl Wickman and this helped me establish a goal of using the lucid dream state to induce an auric cleanse and remove any spirit attachments.

“Seeking an Auric Cleasing” – Lucid.
I start in a classroom of primary students - they’re my students- and I know I’m dreaming so I begin to have fun with it and them. I can’t remember everything I did but there was some flying and amusing them until I decided I wished to travel through the ceiling and floated up and through it.

I forgot my intention to ask for clarity or awareness or to pat myself continuously – I’ve been meaning to try the later.

I’m in a house now and I’m walking down a wide corridor that gets longer and longer the more I walk. I love this because I know I’m still in the dream and the more I speed up, the more it speeds up. I take a run off and start flying and it’s totally exhilarating. People are coming towards me, so I grab a guy and my plan is to seduce him, not that he’s particularly attractive but just because I can. As soon as I do this, the vision fades on the dream and the tactile sensation lessens, so I let him go.

It’s fairly grey for a moment. I hear a suggestion that Madonna (the performer) is right there beside me but I’m insufficiently interested in that to bring the visuals on.

I’m in a crowded staff coffee room. Paul, my homeroom buddy, is the only person I really recognize long enough to notice. I turn to a small fridge behind me and get out some soy-milk in a cartoon with brown writing. I splash some in my tea and apologise for having to use his milk because there’s nothing else in the fridge. As is Paul’s way, he says this is fine. I notice a woman beside him that I suspect is supposed to be Fran, my old work colleague. The person is much too young and there are only superficial resemblances. This brings my lucidity back up a notch and I notice a TV playing behind her.

There’s an actress on the screen but she looks like she’s starring in something made in the sixties (when I was made). She’s not unlike the current Liz Hurley in appearance, though younger. Seeing the screen reminds me that I had a purpose when I deliberately set out to induce a lucid dream tonight. My plan was to go to a healing place and have my aura cleansed and any spirit attachments removed. I now recall that I’ve attempted it once already in this lucid adventure (there’s plenty I’ve forgotten because I just kept going with it). I decide to try again and find myself feeling a shivery feeling over my energy body, like before. The “movie” changes and I see a group of adults walking down a corridor. They look like released war prisoners. I try to count them, there are at least nine but I can’t be sure I’ve counted them all because they break off in two groups heading in different directions. They’re a drab, sullen group.

Now I view a cenotaph. It’s a weird shape, like a ziggurat pyramid but not as large or symmetrical. It appears to be made of dark, polished granite and is perhaps three metres tall and wide. I can manoeuver and zoom in and read the various little brass name plaques on it from an aerial perspective. I don’t feel embodied. I see many names commemorating the people.

This reminds me that I read earlier in this dream. This may have in fact been the moment of lucidity. I could read clearly until I noticed I could and how stable individual words were and then it altered. Were the words on paper or in the air? They were typed, not handwritten, large and clear and one at a time. I can’t remember what they were now.

I spend time with my niece, R, now. I can’t recall the activities only that it was sweet and congenial and there was considerable conversation.

I’m beside my sister, J. She’s leaning on a rail watching something. The environment isn’t very important, it may even be darkened, and I become fixated on her handwriting. I’m stunned at the dream’s ability to reproduce her handwriting so convincingly. I wonder if I just know it really well.

I’m a bit uncertain of what comes next. I think I realise that if I don’t come out of this dream I won’t remember any of it and won’t recall having been lucid at all. I experience a false awakening but the bed is somewhere unfamiliar and G is lying on the floor across the room, his limbs akimbo. I think the TV is there again with the Liz Hurley type character so I know I’m still dreaming.

Something makes me think of visiting the ocean and I find myself in the void. I decide I better end this or I’ll forget it all.

I went back to bed with G to sleep normally.

I can’t recall where I’ve been or what I’ve been doing, except that I’ve been with a group of people and I’m under some kind of instruction. Thus, I use this ~ symbol.

~I’m walking Bella, catching the train from Central to W on the western line, where Mum apparently works. Something feels strange – I’m starting to suspect I’m dreaming. The train arrives at its destination in an incredibly short time and this takes me by surprise somewhat.

I disembark and I notice that the platform branches off into a V. I decide that I better phone Mum as she hasn’t told me whether to take a right or a left when I get to the platform or even where she works and what the building looks like. I scan the tops of surrounding buildings for a clue. I sit with a bunch of people, some behind me some beside, on benches and phone Mum. I say hello.

Bella is well behaved, sitting between my feet, but a small white Maltese terrier that I hadn’t noticed before approaches her. It too is leashed but its owner isn’t controlling it. I don’t want any trouble so I try to manage Bella as well as the phone. I’m pulling her away from the other dog and she’s trying to slip her head through her collar to prevent me. I hear Mum commenting on it, saying what a nuisance Bella is and how when I get there there will be a really vicious Dalmatian to contend with. I wonder how Mum knows what’s happening when she’s not even present, as I haven’t told her. I ask her how she can see what’s happening and become lucid. I remember the earlier events of the night and decide it’s probably pretty late and I better get up.