Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: Beekeeper's Adventures in Consciousness

Blog Entries

Re: Beekeeper's Adventures in Consciousness

You know, Oliver, I don't know if that can be described as a skill as I've never had cause to do that in a lucid dream before - though I'm pretty sure I've done it in ordinary dreams!

Exorcism is scary!

I recalled some fragments from a later dream: Two or three children had put something down a sink to block a pipe and they had filled it with water and other muck. It looked like black whirlpool in the sink, with a circumference much greater than a normal plug hole. I chastised them and explained to them that this was a foolish thing to do.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries

12th September, 2011.
    Monday

“Angry”
    I’m in a large shop, buying something, possibly sunglasses. I’ve asked the shop assistant, a young, plump blond woman, a question, which she has begun to answer when she’s interrupted by the queries of a young woman, causing her to fail to concentrate on my needs and to begin to assist the other. I become unreasonably incensed at this and start to give the shop assistant a loud lecture on her incompetence. There are many other people in the shop and they look our way. The feeling is of support for the shop assistant but I feel entirely justified in my tirade. She begins to defend herself, to argue with me that it wasn’t that big a deal but I refuse to let her off the hook. Another shop assistant comes to her aid but I will not concede a thing. I storm out of the store to my car. I look up to the shop sign: I’m in a strange city and I’ll need to remember where it is and what it’s called if I’m to do anything about the incident.

I begin to drive with a vague notion I’m going to see Dad. The highways are unfamiliar and I decide I’m heading in the wrong direction without a map– I need to turn around and go back the way I came. I turn into a driveway of some type of business and back onto the highway. I cross a narrow median strip made of concrete but I’m not about to worry about breaking road rules or I’ll only delay my return trip.

Now my car has transformed into a little motorbike that's totally lacking in grunt. A dark haired man, a contemporary or perhaps younger than me, aligns himself beside me. He begins to taunt me and demand that I go faster. I explain that I can’t, that my vehicle is going as fast as it can. He does something to aggravate me; I’m not sure what now, possibly something of a physical nature. I slap him and I think he probably retaliates. There’s no sense of pain, however.

Now I’m back in the store and again trying to present my point of view on what the assistant did wrong. I’m no longer as incensed but still a tad obsessed with being right. I explain that I’m not going to write a letter of complaint and the assistant is mildly relieved but that I want her to understand that she should complete what she’s started before helping someone new.

Notes: This is a curiously aggressive dream given that yesterday was a very enjoyable day spent at a baby shower of all places! There has been discussion in our media about people choosing to buy online because they don’t enjoy shop service but I respond to that with the thought that I usually prefer to be left alone when shopping, so this wouldn’t bother me a whole lot. Yet it did in the dream.

Where the aggressive feelings may have emerged yesterday was in talking to my friend, Louise. She still works at my former work place, which appears to have become even more unjust and ridiculous. Hearing her talk stirred up the usual feelings of negativity I have towards the place but also tremendous gratitude that I wasn’t there anymore.
    Williams)

Blog Entries

13th September, 2011.
    Tuesday

“Guide in the Pub”

I’m in some kind of work situation, though sometimes work and home blend with the work people apparently inhabiting my home environment. Helen S is prominent and apparently seeking or having gained a promotion.

I read a list of new roles that those of us who have been promoted to a new level must occupy. All the words on the list sound like actual words but none of them make sense or are words I’ve encountered before. I realise I’ll need to look them up to discover what they mean.

G enters the scene, encouraging me to take a sickie (a day off where one claims sickness). I’m feeling persuaded by his pressure. The energy feels dreamy and I’m highly suggestible. The dream imagery is somewhat faint.

I step outside the back door and find a laundry hamper with clothes in it. Someone has mistaken it for a rubbish bin and I separate out the rubbish and the clothes that need laundering.

I’ve just finished teaching a yoga class and I walk into a room with a bar, like you’d find in a worker’s or RSL club. Someone tall and male accompanies me and we’re talking. I cannot remember the discussion but I feel the person is a guide. A group of men pass and one of them is familiar. His indent is of Andrew D, a boy I taught a few years back who finished school last year, but his face is different and quite vivid.

This part of the dream repeats (but with stuff in between) but this time I’m unaccompanied and when I look down I see slippers on my feet. I pass the group of men again and this time Andrew steps out of it and approaches. He asks if I’d seen him and we chat amiably.

The stuff in between is reading one of Neil’s threads. It’s a long thread where he’s gone all esoteric and is referencing material I’ve never encountered. I read a lot of the long thread but I don’t follow the numerous links. I wonder what it all means because none of it really makes sense to me.
    Last edited by Beekeeper; 13th September 2011 at 08:40 AM.
    Williams)

Blog Entries

14th September, 2011
    Wednesday

“Seedman”
    I meet a man outside the church from my childhood. He’s bearded and looks like Don Burke, a celebrity gardener that had a long running TV show in Australia. He is dropping chilli seeds around the church (for the poor to harvest?) I suggest he add snow peas because we had good crops of those.

15th September, 2011.
    Thursday

“Mum’s will and the people in B's house”

I go to my mother’s house for a family gathering. Somehow, she has become very wealthy and her house is very large. She tells us that she’s making my father the executer of her will. I wonder how this can be so when she and my father have been alienated for decades.

Now I’m in my sister B’s house and it too is quite a large and expensive home. There is a gathering of people I don’t know with children being especially prominent. I find that one of the children has left the bathroom with the toilet unflushed and a mess on the seat. She has rushed away to a meal. I find her and send her off to clean it up.

There’s a boy of about 7, probably the dream character from my “Moving Pictures” dream. I read a storybook to him. His mother is strict with him but he’s restless because he rarely gets enough of her attention. I think I communicate this to her.

I’m outside and there’s a trough in the middle of the street with a row of taps. Children stand at it. There’s one faulty tap that runs continuously. I ask a child to move aside so I can wash my hands under it.

Note: I've been pretty bossy in some recent dreams.

“Dangerous vegetables.”

This DC is apparently the Ross Geller character from “Friends” (for me he probably represents insecurity and a tendency to be obsessive). He has purchased some baked vegetables and he finds them so tasty he cannot stop eating them but they are lethal in excess. He knows he has to stop. He sits with the dangerous vegetables on his plate and a few fresh boiled vegetables also. He begins to eat the safe ones. At this stage, I go from being a spectator (as if viewing a movie) to being his companion. He begins to enjoy the safe vegetables although I notice he’s smothered a boiled potato in butter.
    Williams)

Blog Entries

16th September, 2011.
    Friday

A Series of Dreams about death or near death that occurred in different sleep phases.

“Bella in the Forest”

I’m walking Bella out in the forest when I encounter a grey haired woman, elderly but with excellent posture, who sings with an amazing voice. A discussion with someone unseen ensues and it seems I must leave Bella in their care while I go on some kind of errand.

I need to get back into the forest now so I can find my dog. I’m in a family’s garage, speaking to a little girl. She lifts a roller door at the back of the garage and I see a black people mover van. It’s very vivid. I’m wondering if Bella will come running out of the forest before I enter it when I’m finally free to pursue her.

“G’s Recovery”

G has been sick and we’ve thought he was going to die but now he’s recovered and I’m sorting dozens of gifts people have given us (as though it were a wedding celebration). I notice quite a few blankets among the gifts.

“H’s Absence”

This dream has less visual substance and is based much more on feeling.

I have two contains, like cans, that I put on a shelf. One represents each of my sons. I think I’m talking to G about how lonely F will be now H is gone. Suddenly, I realise the implications of H’s death and begin to wail.

I wake up, disturbed. This is just too much. I realise I’m hot in bed, which I know from experience can cause nightmares. I use the bathroom just to get away from my bed for the moment.

It’s a hard to go back to sleep but this gives me time to contemplate why the dreams of loss might be showing up.

“The Singer.”
    I can hear people singing in harmony at some kind of outdoor function. One must be closer to the microphone because her voice is more distinct, even though she’s attempting to soften it so she can blend with the children with whom she sings. Initially, I see this like a poorly shot movie where I can only see the right of her face from the cheek down. Soon I recognise both her voice and her face as my own.

“Linda needs info”
    Something with Linda and Wolfgang. I’m talking with them about teaching yoga at the centre. Linda needs information but she’s also not listening well because she’s busy. She finds my teacher’s chronicle from last year (from my high school teaching job) and a novel I’ve supposedly taught and then she’s satisfied that she has what she needs. Further bits of this dream elude me.
    Williams)

Blog Entries

17th September, 2011.
    Saturday.

“Lord Stanley’s Portrait.”
    Early dream, something about being in a large house. The most vivid part is some large portraits hung on the wall. One is Lord Stanley or rather the actor who played him in Al Pacino’s docudrama “Looking for Richard.” A man asks me if the paintings are in the original order for, apparently I’ve always lived in this house, and I confirm that they are.

“Twisted.”
    I’m in a doctor’s office speaking to a female doctor because my spine and torso are twisted. She shows me another, younger woman receiving treatment for the same thing, though she looks fine. Suddenly a bunch of shocks jolt her.

“Troy”
    I’m lying on the lounge asleep when our friend Troy with his kids trailing comes into the room. He reaches under me, looking for something he left behind (we haven’t had these guys over for ages IRL). I jump at the sudden, unexpected sensation and tell him not to lift the blankets because I’m not wearing my pyjama bottoms.

“Slump”
    I’m at work, on the second storey of the senior block and I have to leave my senior class behind to fetch something. I ask Blake to come with me (IRL Blake is a lethargic student who doesn’t make enough effort). Suddenly I lose energy and slump to the concrete veranda outside the room (not our usual classroom). I’m close to the gap in the railings and need to be careful not to fall off. I think I ask Blake to help me move away from there and he does.

Flying over the school, possibly accompanied.

“In Pursuit of the baby.”

A man and woman are in my living room giving a talk on their astral (?) experiences. She looks like Maria Isabel Pita. A few days ago I was reading LDE60 and she is an author who was interviewed about her lucid dreams. Out of curiosity, I did a search and saw her image. She speaks with an accent, probably something my dreaming mind has concocted. She stands face to face with her husband and they kiss while they’re photographed.

Now I’m playing with a baby on the lounge. It may have been their baby originally but now it has become mine. She’s a serious little soul and I wonder if I can make her laugh so I blow raspberries on her skin and she indeed laughs in the infectious way of babies.

I move away from her temporarily and see a price tag on her little dress. I decide her mother left that there (but aren’t I her mother?).

Now I see a shadow lurking in the study, which has morphed into more of a wardrobe. I tell some people (Troy and the kids) that there’s someone there and before I know it the intruder has taken the baby. There is no grief, only determination to recover her.

I begin to dress to go in pursuit of the baby. I have a full skirt on and I’m in a hurry so I just want to wear some socks and some slip on shoes. I scrunch them down and ask my younger sister if they look okay. They probably don’t but I don’t really care. It’s either now or back in the “Slump” dream that I notice as I pull on the socks that they keep altering. Sometimes they’re thick brown woollen socks and sometimes they’re thin nylon stocking type socks.

More happens with my sister and the dream goes off on another tangent but I can’t recall this.
    Williams)

Blog Entries

18th September, 2011.
    Sunday

Another night like last night with a lot of short dreams but I wasn’t able to recall them like I could yesterday. The main one is below, followed by a fragment. If any return during the day, I’ll add them.

"Yoga Customer"

I’m behind a counter in an unfamiliar space when Peter and Deb ask if they can join my home yoga class. I tell them I’m planning to return to fulltime high school teaching next year (I am IRL) and that I only have a Sunday class (something I wouldn’t do IRL). I say I don’t think I’d be able to fit them in but I'll try and then I begin to visualise my teaching space, which is the lounge room where I was raised rather than my RL yoga room downstairs. I imagine fitting bodies in around the furniture.

Now a woman asks me about yoga classes. She’s possibly a few years younger than me but she looks a little frazzled. She’s also a familiar DC, the broad cheek, broad hipped mother with blond bobbed hair. She wants to bring her children to her classes with her and asks when I’ll be teaching them. I direct her to Linda and Wolfgang’s classes, explaining I won’t be taking students.

By now, there’s another shorter, younger woman beside me bustling around behind the counter. She has a somewhat erratic energy that makes me feel mature in comparison. I look for flyers with class times to give to the blonde. I’m having trouble finding them and while I look for them I suggest that if she brought along a few more friends and their kids they might even be able to request a session time – I’m making this up, trying to drum up business for L and W.

The blonde exudes tiredness while she waits and I’m a little sorry for her. Just as I suggest they look up times on the website, the bustling brunette finds the pile of orange flyers. I notice the one of top is wet but she pulls one from the bottom and it’s fine.

The next bit is confusing in terms of sequence because my dream consciousness is simultaneously in two places. I need to leave the room for some reason and enter a space that reminds me of the downstairs area beneath L and W’s studio that I lock up at night after classes. The space is somewhat confined and there are a couple of layers of thick glass door. It also feels a bit like a revolving glass door. While I’m there I’m also present in the room with Blond Mother and Bustling Brunette. The mother has complained and the brunette is quite rude to her, essentially telling her to suck it up. I’m a little shocked by her lack of sympathy and wonder who she is and where she came from.

Note: I imagine both women are self-aspects.

I’m walking Bella and we encounter a large dog. I’m anxious that one or the other will misbehave but they both play well.
    Williams)

Blog Entries

19th September, 2011.
    Monday

Recall is fragmented so I’ll record what I can remember.

“Tall Man and Foreign Girl”

There’s this young man I’m talking about how incredibly tall he is. He’s a really affable fellow and I like being in his company. I say to him, “It must be a real advantage being that tall when you’re in a crowd; you must see over everyone else’s head easily,” and he agrees that this is so. When we have this conversation we’re inside somebody else’s house – I guess I’m visiting – within a dream that is already underway.

Now I’m outside in a medium sized shed with a young, attractive foreign woman who has been looking after children (perhaps younger versions of my own are included). She has a talent with them. I’ve apparently promised to tell her some of the spooky stories from the house where I was raised but when I begin to do so she tells me I’ve already done it. She shows me a house behind the one we’re in; our ability to view the house, even only externally, breaking the rules of what would be possible IRL. She announces that it has problems with ghosts and I feel uncomfortable, even though it’s not particularly close it feels that way because we have telescopic vision or, probably more correctly, we can project our consciousness there so that what occurs feels close to home.

Now I appear to be in the shed alone. There isn’t much light and something happens like a door shutting by itself. My objective seems to be to make my way out, which I do without feeling fearful.

“Finding Mum in the Strange Complex.”

It’s hard to know where one dream ends and another begins on nights like last night. Now I’m with my Mum. She’s in an upstairs flat and still grieving the passing of Les as she does IRL. It’s not yet but somewhere at the end of the dream she tells me Les became difficult at the end because he never got on with his own mother who was Italian (she wasn’t to the best of my knowledge). As we do IRl, I say nothing about how I saw the situation because Mum has her own version of reality and there’s no real breaking through with her.

I’m on my way back to Mum but I become lost in the enormous complex that surrounds her upstairs flat. There’s a real feeling of expanse. I enter a very unusual place, not something I could easily name. It has a little bit of the feel of our local leisure centre which has an indoor pool, gym and basketball courts but none of those things are evident. There are a lot of African mothers and their babies there. The mothers have that truly impressive black skin of unadulterated blood and every one of them wears white. Their babies are at floor level, sitting before their mothers and playing. The floor seems to be an extensive trampoline but not black in colour. I can’t recall the colour, just the sense that it’s like a trampoline and without any type of sense knowledge to verify this. The area is huge, at least 50 metres in length.

I pass through to an interior complex. I sense Mum’s flat one level up and begin to climb what appear to be steps covered in white fabric. They suddenly dead-end in empty space so I descend again. I visually inspect the area that beneath the various coverings appears to be some kind of chapel.

“Wrought Iron” (Fragment)

I’m looking up at wrought iron hanging on a wall. It’s bent into swirls but entirely without symmetry. I know in that moment that my mind is very powerful and could bend it if it wanted to. I think to the times I’ve played games of dice and know that I’ve often controlled the roll.
    Last edited by Beekeeper; 21st September 2011 at 07:52 AM.
    Williams)

Blog Entries

20th September, 2011.
    Tuesday

“Bluebottles”
    I’m swimming with my family and it’s pleasant even though it’s strange that three walls and a ceiling contain the ocean. Suddenly we realise that we have the long thin tentacles of bluebottles wrapped around our limbs. We begin to pull them off us. Rather than noticing the lack of pain I’m thinking about how much it will itch later.
    Note: The bluebottle is a common jelly fish and it stings.

bluebottle.jpg
    Williams)

Blog Entries

Welcome to the mental plane. The walls annoy me to no end. I'm sure Oliver will have something brilliant to say about the bluebottles.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast