Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: Beekeeper's Adventures in Consciousness

Blog Entries

Re: Beekeeper's Adventures in Consciousness

28th September, 2011.
    Wednesday.

“J’s car.”

I’m in a new car with Jacquie driving. Suddenly she slumps into lethargy and I need to take over the driving for her. I tell her she has to move over because I can’t manoeuvre the car from the passenger’s side. Now I have the wheel and I’m feeling for the pedal, I ask J if it’s a manual or an automatic. She tells me it’s both. There’s a red light ahead but the car is already going too quickly to stop so I have to steer us to the other side of the dividing line to avoid collision. Now I’m on the wrong side of the road waiting for a break in the median strip so I can bring us back into the normal flow.

“Group Work”

Can’t remember much of this. There’s a boy from my homeroom, Aaron D, in it. I give a group of students instructions and leave them to complete the work. The topic seems to be Global Warming. We have a comfortable working relationship.

“Meeting G in Sydney”

Again, poor recall on this one. I meet G at a hotel, I think. We may have another person with us, a teenage daughter. There is a romantic element between G and me.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries

Reading Volgerie's reference to Law of Attraction in his recent dream post, I thought I'd tag this on.

So, yesterday I wanted someone to walk with when I took Bella for her walk. Both sons said they'd join me and then found reasons to procrastinate, so I went.

Just after the turning back point of our walk, Bella spotted a woman walking abut 20 metres behind us and refused to budge until the woman caught up. Every so often, Bella just takes a liking to a particular person and insists on meeting them. The woman, as it turned out, was a dog person and thought Bella's behaviour adorable. We were going in the same direction and she was very pleased to walk with us and chat for 10 minutes. It turns out her own dogs had passed away last year and she missed them and also that she had only been in the area for a month, having moved from Western Australia. She was pleasant company.
    Williams)

Blog Entries

29th September, 2011.
    Thursday.

“Standing in Line to Wash sheets.”

Something takes place in Berry. I’m attending some kind event that entails sleeping over and I’m currently in a line for the washing machine, holding my bed sheets. Someone (a student from a previous school) has committed a minor infraction in the process and somebody else feels it’s an issue.

“Revision.”

I’m teaching a revision class that is very full and where the lighting is bright. It seems to include students from the past (Dane S is definitely there). I’m using the data projector and there’s some sense of several classes having passed in dreamtime style. I’m trying to teach but something is going wrong. John T, one of my most capable current students, complains that he can’t see the material on the board. I look and it is indeed faint. Is it written or projected? It appears to be mathematical equations, which would be all right if I weren’t an English teacher.

I go up front to check the equipment. Dane has apparently set up his laptop for the class but there’s nothing amiss with the simulation. The class is noisy and there’s music playing. I realise I have been too casual in terms of discipline.

Sofie enters the room with a handful of sheets. She wants to know if I’ve done a certain paper for revision yet. I haven’t even been aware of it, so I feel inadequate now.

Fragments:

I see a woman’s hands creating a map of Australia out of pretty pink girly fabric. Tasmania is a little heart tagged at the bottom.
    I’m entering a public building with heavy glass doors. I pass a group of foreign men; some possibly wear turbans. One stops to smile at me and eyes me off with appreciation.
    Williams)

Blog Entries

30th September, 2011.
    Friday.

“Sarah asks for the burger”

I seem to be in the first house G and I built together when Sarah Br arrives via the side glass doors. I go out to greet her and notice that we have a vivid blue ocean scene to the rear of the house, waves crashing dramatically. I take a moment to appreciate that.

Sarah has noticed a burger on the seat of an old car (circa 1960s) and asks if she can have it for her lunch. I tell her she’s welcome to it and she consumes it.

Now we go somewhere together and I’m not really sure what happens. I feel that some type of discord unfolds between us. At times Sarah’s body morphs into my son, F.

Notes: I went to primary school and senior college with Sarah and we were friends. In recent years we hooked up again on Facebook but Sarah was always very religiously orthodox and “unfriended” her school friends after we lampooned a particular Catholic evangelical movement we experienced in senior high school. I could eventually get her to speak to me again and then she just disappeared off Facebook altogether.
    Like my son, F, she was dux of the school. I suspect the morphing also expresses that F has become a little too orthodox in his views lately only at the other polarity of rationalism, materialism and atheism.

“Wild Teens”

I seem to be another person, a teenager. I stand with hundreds of other kids along a high mezzanine that surrounds some kind of sporting venue below. We may be watching a roller derby (nothing I’ve ever seen IRL) but I’m not sure that’s really the right translation. I begin to jump up and down on the floor and others follow suit until we’ve created a substantial wave in the floor that has responded to our movement and we get to enjoy the ride.

The scene cuts to a rendezvous with a dark haired boy who was part of the game. We’re/they’re (because it has switched to 3rd person) in a shower cubical in a public bathroom about to get it on.

Now the scene is of the girl’s father throwing the boy and a bunch of her friends out of the house. The father looks like the actor John Lithgow (yesterday I had to go to council to change address on our dog registration and the employee reminded me of the actor).

Fragment: Helping Narelle H find something to wear. (Haven’t seen her in a long while. Last time I dreamt about her we heard from them out of the blue the next day).
    Williams)

Quote Originally Posted by B
    I pass a group of foreign men; some possibly wear turbans. One stops to smile at me and eyes me off with appreciation.
    dreams exotically tinted are sheer delight, the awnings in a bazar ,burning myrrh the flash of a scimitar , the turban worn - delicious mystique.

Blog Entries

Psionickx, it really wasn't at all exciting, just a remembered fragment. In fact, my dreams of late haven't been all that inspiring.

1st October, 2011.
    Saturday

“Disc Child.”

G and I appear to be parents to a blue disc person. It’s about 50cm tall and oval shaped and has a child’s mentality. We become aware that it has performed some misdemeanour with another child and we are now making it make recompense. This involves travelling through the screen of a television set (which usually suggests a movement into the mental plane). We sit closely together before the TV screen, ready to be absorbed through it. We take the dog us too but she’s somewhat smaller than her RL self – a puppy only. I hold the disc child on my lap and he squirms, evidently he doesn’t want to come.

Once through the screen it appears we clean up mess. There is a bit of playing with the puppy as an occasional distraction too.

Note:
    It’s possible to read the blue disc person as a mental elemental, I suppose, and the puppy as an astral elemental. If so, I’m doing some work eliminating some childish or rubbish thinking.

“Teaching the Preliminary Class”

This dream seems to be set in the space where I went to church as a child; although the church isn’t evident it feels like that particular location. Again, I appear to be cleaning up pollution, including dog faeces.

Now I have a class of senior boys before me. I appear to be running lunchtime lessons for them because they are presented with a particularly challenging task: they need to make notes from a video (mental plane task). To help them, I watch and make notes too. I think I also stop the video and explain every so often. The class is very serious about the exercise and very attentive.

For a period, Trent Mitchell is present and appears to be involved in the activity. IRL, I admire Trent, an excellent year adviser and someone I consider a more advanced soul, despite his youth. I feel he is a great role model for the boys.

The activity repeats, as if it’s the following day. The boys are there again and we’re all working hard. I become anxious that this will take too long and that the boys will consequently miss too many lunchtimes in attempting it. I don’t want them to be exhausted and dissuaded by the challenges of the task but I also know that if they succeed they’ll be true advanced (English) students.

Note:
    I imagine the students represent the work I’m doing on the mental plane. During the dream I understand the video but afterwards I don’t recall what it was about. “Trent” is probably a facilitator.
    My senior students are much on my mind currently as their state exams are only two weeks away.
    Williams)

Blog Entries

2nd October, 2011.
    Sunday

Late night at a 50th birthday party. Dreaming was pretty much an extension of waking and I’ve been procrastinating writing this and even contemplating pretending I’ve got not recall at all.

“After Mick’s Party”

Still at the party. Music, movement, noise.

I’m in the house at Alexander with F.* The babysitting is over and we seem to have been left there in the dark (actually, this is sounding like a RTZ projection remembered as a dream– the house is only about 5km from where we live now).

Now I seem to be at a different party where Penny is cooking something like a stew or a casserole in a large pot. Sandro is there too and so are others. (Just before we left the 50th, Penny invited us to a Halloween party at their house).

Now I’m back with and Brent and Kylie but it doesn’t feel like Alexander. They have given me a song to sing.

I’m briefly back out on a street and there’s something else after this, an interruption that seems more meaningful than the processing of the night’s events - a discussion with a male teacher. I don’t know how I’m able to even remember this. Wish I could remember it fully.

Back with Brent and Kylie in their house. I go off to a room on my own to learn the song. I’m searching for lyrics and they’ve given me a microphone. Apparently it will play throughout the house. I briefly wonder why they want me to sing anyway.

There’s a whole lot of forgotten stuff as well.

*F was babysitting for some friends that were also at the party. In one of those coincidences that happen, they rent our former home, which we haven’t been able to sell yet. So F knew his way around the house because he grew up there.
    Williams)

Blog Entries

3rd October, 2011.
    Monday

I’m in a dorm with boys. Maybe I’m a boy too – not sure. I’m sitting on a bed when I realise it belongs to Alex A (a junior I taught last year) and vacate it for him. He seems grateful.

Now I’m outside with two or three men. A small bald man seems to be in charge. They have lift half of a heavy concrete planter, a semi-circle with a radius just over a metre, and throw it to one another until the dirt comes loose from the container. The bald man is excited, exclaiming there will be over 500 000 strands of DNA in the dirt alone.
    Williams)

Blog Entries

4th October, 2011.
    Tuesday

“Silly yoga student.”

I’m living in a different house with dark floorboards. It reminds me of Steph and Andrew’s house in Berry. Andrew and Paul have turned up for a yoga class which we want to do in the backyard, only the land is uneven and it’s hard to stabilise.

Now Paul is zooming around in a miniature hot rod racing car. The scene alters and we’re inside and he’s actions are damaging the lacquer on the floorboards. Sheets of the material break off and I see G has a tolerant expression as he gathers it up. I feel bad that repairing this will mean work for him.

"Train to uni."

G and I have been making love. This part of the dream is warm and loving. The initial setting is unfamiliar - perhaps the house of the earlier dream. There are forgotten bits here.

Now I’m on a platform waiting for a train. G is there, worrying that I catch the right train (a recurring dream element) and instructing me on what to do but my mind is on getting to uni because class has already started. The train pulls in and I step on, ignoring G.

Now I’m hurrying across the expansive campus, trying to get to class.

A considerable amount has been forgotten as there have been many distractions this morning that have delayed recording. I do remember two station names (both actual) – Redfern and Burwood. The only thing they have in common, apart from being stations on the line I used to travel to get to uni as an undergraduate, is the reference to plants.

“White horses.”

My perspective is aerial without a sense of movement. Beneath me hundreds of white horses graze on green hills. I feel very neutral in observer mode.
    Williams)

Blog Entries

5th October, 2011.
    Wednesday.

“Clearing away trifles.”

I’m sorting through items that are supposedly mine. I’m going to give them away and there’s a particular moment where I feel a real sense of relief and lightness about that. There seem to be a lot of fluffy toys. I reach into a sack and pull out other things. As I do I find jewels: large earrings and necklaces in a vintage style with sapphires. They capture my attention for a moment because I don’t remember having seen them before and I certainly haven’t worn them but they mean no more to me than the other things.

I’m hanging clothes out now. They seem to be things I will keep once they’re refreshed. It seems to me there are a lot of them but I guess you need clothes. Someone begins helping me. I don’t know if their identity is stable; in remembering it seems to be Peter P, a friendly older teacher from work but sometimes it’s Leslie, the art teacher, also significantly older than me and very friendly.

My attention is taken by something that initially looks like a statue and a chalice. These things are also unstable and become other things, stabilising into a doll that wets its pants!
    Williams)

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast