Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: Beekeeper's Adventures in Consciousness

Blog Entries

Re: Beekeeper's Adventures in Consciousness

8th October, 2011.
    Saturday

This dream is jumbled, like the dreams of the last couple of unrecorded nights, but the bits I do recall are actually quite vivid.
    I’m looking for a toilet. I go downstairs accompanied by a woman who feels familiar. I cannot remember her having any form although she doesn’t translate as a “ghost” either.

Something happens down there that I think is an encounter with a vampire or some other type of threatening male entity. There’s no fear involved. I wish I could remember what it actually is – a conversation?

There’s something work-related now and I’m in a staffroom. I still seek a toilet (it’s not my physical body) and see a potty sitting on a chair. I go to the chair, which belongs to another and she doesn’t want me to use. In any case, I’m not prepared to use the potty with people present.

I continue seeking. I know there’s more of the same to the dream but I can’t recall the specifics. I think it resulted from some brief contemplation I made in the evening on the nature of social groups/workplaces. The interpretation in the second link below is probably more applicable in this instance.

http://thedreamtribe.com/urine-dream...rgent signals)
    http://dreammoods.com/cgibin/dreamdi...&search=toilet
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries

9th October, 2011.
    Sunday.

"Women's Conference"
    I have been at some major event with my mother, my grandmother (departed) and my sister. All I remember about the event was that it was presented in a very large space that would fit thousands of people and presented by a woman. Of course, after the dream I cannot remember her words but there is a feeling of satisfaction and well being at what she spoke.

My mother and I are in separate vehicles (IRL she can’t drive). She has my grandmother with her and my sister is in the passenger seat of my car. We are meant to move on to a second event linked with the one we’ve just experienced. I’m waiting in the car park for Mum but she isn’t arriving. I wonder where she is and I briefly hear her voice transmitted into my car but it’s faint and tinny. I think she’s asking where I am, can’t remember for certain. A waking life thought invades: my phone went flat in the afternoon and I didn’t charge it before I went to sleep. The memory immediately cancels the communication from my mother (she hasn’t got my mobile number IRL in any case).

I decide to drive around the rather large car park and look for her but my efforts are useless. I begin to wonder if there’s another exit on the other side of the building and go off in pursuit of her. At this stage, I have an awareness that my sister beside me is somewhat insubstantial: she neither speaks and sometimes she doesn’t seem to be embodied, instead presenting as an idea. My grandmother was much the same and I’m teetering on realising I’m dreaming and that they’re dream figures.

When I pull out on the street I want to go left but I suddenly change my mind and decide to veer right. It shouldn’t matter as my intention is to drive around the block. When I pull right I encounter a traffic island; either I’ll have to drive on the wrong side of the road or go left again. Instead, there is a dream reality fluctuation and a division appears in the traffic island that I can drive through.

There are some deletions here because of the private nature of the dreaming but then I get to this bit:

"35"

Now I’m in a very large shop or possibly a mall. The section I’m in is a pharmacy and I notice a woman giving psychic readings on a platform. A number of people are lined up for her so I decide I won’t visit but I look around for a sign to inform myself about her. I see she only charges $35.

Note: Before the dream, I was reading about dream programming and contemplating programming one. I decided it would be too hurriedly done so I looked up a couple of tarot cards about my questions instead. Essentially, I’m gearing up to take on a counselling course with the hope of moving into school counselling but I feel I haven’t yet researched my options and potentials as well as I should have. Both tarot cards appeared to suggest rest for now but that’s at odds with my feeling that it’s time to seize opportunities and get change underway. My anxiety revolves around issues of workload: I don’t yet know what classes I’ll have next year and what stress levels will be like. There’s currently some politics and power play going on in the English department and while I’m not in the firing line, I do feel that I’ll be manoeuvred around to serve other people’s agendas.

Anyway, it seems the dream was happy to do some predicting for me and dream numbers have been a tremendous and accurate source of information for me in the past. Immediately I looked up hexagram 35 in the iching and it seems to endorse my course:
    http://www.psychic-revelation.com/re...exagram35.html
    http://www.paranormality.com/iching_35.shtml
    Williams)

Blog Entries

10th October, 2011.
    Monday.

“Lindi in the boat.”

There’s something about ending up in a large pool of water earlier in the night with my former sister-in-law. She tells us someone has thrown up in B’s boat and we all need to help clean it. In response we (I don’t know who “we” are) tip water into the boat until it begins to sink. Our objective is to submerge it until it’s clean.

Note: I don’t believe I’ve ever dreamt of Lindi before. My reactions in the dream were helpful but emotionally neutral. In waking life, I don’t have a lot of respect for her and didn’t really like her a whole lot when she was married to my brother-in-law.

“Return to St _’s”

I’m out in an open place with a mixture of field and rocky ground. I’m with an unknown person and a current (gifted)Year 9 student, Kingston. We’re supposed to be improvising a play where I’ve been instructed that my character is to act selfishly. I work with the unknown person on how the story might develop but when we begin to perform it, I’m too slow to bring in the theme of selfishness and then I’m unsure of how to incorporate it. We’re to make a fire and I’m wondering how I might make selfishness play into that activity. I begin to concoct an imaginary group whom we oppose but that seems to create other tangents rather than an exploration of the theme of selfishness. They are supposed to come maurading over a hill and there’s a sense that I could create an actual group with my mind if I wanted to, causing me to teeter on possible lucidity.

The person I work with tells me Kingston has lost interest and left.

I’m walking on a path back towards my old work place. Numerous individuals accompany me but it’s the girls who gather close. One holds one of my fingers as a baby would and act affectionately, as the kids at my former school actually did on occasion. A dog walking on its back legs comes towards us and, just for a moment, I’m almost lucid again.

Note: This is probably due to a couple of recent encounters with female students from my former school. One I’ll write about in more detail a bit later.

Unfortunately, now I’m back at work with the women on my former staff. They maintain the cold attitude they cultivated IRL, despite the fact that in my dream it’s my birthday. We are in unfamiliar rooms with concrete walls and I call them on their tactics. A couple of the more uncertain make excuses for not having wished me happy birthday but they don’t actually compensate by doing so. The leader, Megan, announces that next she’d like the school to pay for her to take a trip to London. She’s certain it will occur and possesses a total sense of entitlement.

Notes: IRL Megan was able to bully her way into a trip to Rome for the canonisation of Australia’s first saint. It was meant to be for youth only and she far exceeded the age but she was able to take it off a younger teacher that it had been awarded to legitimately. This occurred well after I left the school but I continually hear stories of her various victories against people she dislikes in a school that continually empowers such behaviours. I guess I (and various others) still hope for a karmic backlash that never eventuates.
    Williams)

Blog Entries

Year 12 Graduation Dinner last night so I went to bed late, not really expecting much in the way of dreaming but as soon as I closed my eyes there were hypnagogics. I remember a little ginger kitten playing because I enjoyed watching it.

“Honesty.”

I’m at a large outdoor event. I’ve got a feeling this is the second event I was supposed to attend during the “Women’s Conference Dream” mainly because I’ve just heard a woman announcer declare that her (?) book is on sale at a certain stand. I make my way towards it, wait in line and ask for the book when I reach the counter. I don’t know upon waking what it’s called or its nature. I’m told it’s $40.* I give the vendor eight $5 notes and she returns two $10 notes. I know this is wrong so I ask her if she’s sure and she mentally works it out and says she is. I still know this is wrong but I’m vaguely rationalising that maybe I got it wrong myself. In any case, I don’t mind the extra $20 in my pocket and I don’t insist.

*After recording yesterday’s dreams I remembered a reference to 40 even though I couldn’t remember how it came up. I hurriedly looked up the hexagram from the I-ching- Deliverance - but the fact it has recurred makes me consider its significance more deeply. I do remember experiencing 40 in a dream before and looking up possible references that suggested it was a trial period – like 40 days and nights in the desert.
    http://theabysmal.wordpress.com/2006/10/27/i-ching-hexagram-40/

The following is taken from
    http://www.spiritualwisdom.org.uk/number-symbols.htm The idea of temptation is evident in the dream, so this is interesting. I’ll need to be vigilant.
    40 Forty
    A full or complete state of temptation (temptation arises when what is good and true in a person is challenged)

In the story of Noah’s Ark we can find several references to 40 including:
    For in seven days I will send rain on the earth forty days and forty nights, and every living thing that I have made I will blot out from the face of the ground. Genesis 7:4
    In the account of the journey of the Israelites from Egypt to the Promised Land there is this reference to 40:
    The people of Israel ate the manna forty years, till they came to a habitable land. They ate the manna till they came to the border of the land of Canaan. Exodus 16:35
    And in the description of Jesus in the wilderness we can also find 40:
    And he was in the wilderness forty days, being tempted by Satan. And he was with the wild animals, and the angels were ministering to him. Mark 1:13

These are just a few examples of the use of 40 and at first sight they seem to have little in common. However in the last quotation there is a clear link between 40 and temptation – Jesus was in the wilderness forty days and he was tempted. Could this apply to the other quotations? Well, the Israelites spent 40 years going from Egypt to the Promised Land but it wasn’t an easy trip. At one stage they ran out of food and wondered why they had ever left Egypt, on another occasion they thought God had left them so they made a god out of a golden bull. In all sorts of ways they gave in to temptation and began to give up on their journey. Noah also had to make a journey but in his case it was in a boat for forty days and forty nights until finally he reached dry land. He was faced by a continuous deluge of rain and surely he too felt ‘tempted’ to give up and give in to the onslaught of the rain – but he didn’t.
    Spiritually speaking we are all ‘tempted’ in some way when we are challenged to give up on the things we know are good and true and to give in to more selfish ways of living. And in the Bible a spiritual state of full and complete temptation is symbolised by the number 40. The spiritual significance of the number 40 is therefore 'temptation'. 40
    Forty
    A full or complete state of temptation (temptation arises when what is good and true in a person is challenged)

In the story of Noah’s Ark we can find several references to 40 including:
    For in seven days I will send rain on the earth forty days and forty nights, and every living thing that I have made I will blot out from the face of the ground. Genesis 7:4
    In the account of the journey of the Israelites from Egypt to the Promised Land there is this reference to 40:
    The people of Israel ate the manna forty years, till they came to a habitable land. They ate the manna till they came to the border of the land of Canaan. Exodus 16:35
    And in the description of Jesus in the wilderness we can also find 40:
    And he was in the wilderness forty days, being tempted by Satan. And he was with the wild animals, and the angels were ministering to him. Mark 1:13

These are just a few examples of the use of 40 and at first sight they seem to have little in common. However in the last quotation there is a clear link between 40 and temptation – Jesus was in the wilderness forty days and he was tempted. Could this apply to the other quotations? Well, the Israelites spent 40 years going from Egypt to the Promised Land but it wasn’t an easy trip. At one stage they ran out of food and wondered why they had ever left Egypt, on another occasion they thought God had left them so they made a god out of a golden bull. In all sorts of ways they gave in to temptation and began to give up on their journey. Noah also had to make a journey but in his case it was in a boat for forty days and forty nights until finally he reached dry land. He was faced by a continuous deluge of rain and surely he too felt ‘tempted’ to give up and give in to the onslaught of the rain – but he didn’t.
    Spiritually speaking we are all ‘tempted’ in some way when we are challenged to give up on the things we know are good and true and to give in to more selfish ways of living. And in the Bible a spiritual state of full and complete temptation is symbolised by the number 40. The spiritual significance of the number 40 is therefore 'temptation'.

“The Lebanese Family.”
    I begin to walk and a large family group draw my attention. They’re behind a mesh wire fence and I decide they’re probably a Lebanese Muslim family like so many of the boys I teach at school (funny Catholic school, I know ). They’re singing on a microphone in turn and it resounds throughout the outdoor venue. Some of them sing in what I assume is an Arabic language but the younger ones sing in English with the accent that has become so familiar to me in recent years. I try to hear their lyrics but it’s hard to make them out. I watch them for quite some time.

“F’s homecoming”

I’m waiting on the lounge with H for F to come home and telling G we should go get him. G is resistant to the idea and I’m questioning why I don’t just go and pick him up myself. There’s no sense of where he is.

Suddenly F comes home. He’s in school uniform and looks really weary. I’m sorry we left him to find his own way home and he comes and sits on my lap like he did when he was small.

“Air Show” (Lucid- but too briefly!)

I’m in the front yard of the home where I grew up with G and the kids, gardening. Suddenly and dramatically planes start flying overhead. The first I notice are two jets, side-by-side, with thick jet trails. I know G loves an air show and naturally he’s impressed. More and more planes fly over and, while we do see planes from the air shows that happen at the navy base 40 minutes from here IRL, we never see this many planes at once. Something flies over my head that looks like a fan and I begin to wonder how this could be part of the air show. I state, “This can’t be real, we have to be dreaming,” and I think G is disagreeing. I’m almost pulled back into believing the dream but I just don’t buy it in the end and start to feel that familiar “wobbly” feeling when you’re lucid and need to do something quick if you want to stay in the dream. Damn!
    Williams)

Blog Entries

13th October, 2011.
    Thursday.

“Apricot carpet”

Anne D is in “my house.” Is it the Seven Hills house? She rolls out apricot coloured carpet she apparently bought back in the 80s and it seems she’s going to use it at the house. Does she hold it against the wall as if she’d carpet the wall?

“Baby gets her way”

I’m looking after a baby – not mine, someone else’s daughter. There’s some awareness that others haven’t known how to care for her but I have good instincts in this respect. It’s hard to recall exactly what I do with her but it seems G might be there for some of the dream and making his suggestions.
    There is an odd part I do recall well. I’m standing in a bathroom and there’s a red toy car, the type you activate with a remote. It comes into the room behind me and then doesn’t move. There’s some type of mental communication from the baby (or the car itself?) that this isn’t what she wants and I’m able to alter the car with my mind. It leaves the room and returns, transformed into a light blue car of an older model from the 1970s.

“Jewish District”

G and I are travelling on our bed. When we arrive, we appear to be in an ordinary sized room, like a bedroom. I tell G I’ll need to put on some pants now we’re here (I slept without pyjama pants because it was too warm to wear them) and I notice an adjoining room behind us where there’s an attendant at a desk.

I’m not sure if this is our destination or an entirely different dream but we’re now in a Jewish district with the kids. I see several shops that seem to have hundreds of candles on display and Yiddish or Hebrew writing on their signs. There’s a museum too. We’re on our way to a cinema, our reason for being here, and we’re going to see a renowned film that supposedly opens the mind to spiritual knowledge. When I know this, it seems like we're accompanied by a woman I perceive as tall, knowledgeable and possibly invisible. Laughingly, I make a comment about wondering how F will respond to the film because he considers himself a sceptic (in the true sense of the word).

Note: The Jewish dream may have been seeded by a couple of references to things Jewish in my WL: a year co-ordinator was telling me about Years 9’s yearly trip to the Jewish museum in Sydney and a student handed in a creative writing where his persona was a Jewish boy.
    Williams)

Blog Entries

Well, it was Rosh Hashanna last week and Yom Kippur a few days ago. Maybe that had some influence. Of course, the whole 'people of the book'=spirituality may also have something to do with it.
    FWIW, the toy car image was interesting- I associate red cars with men and blue cars with women, even though I'm a woman and prefer a red car myself.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by C.F
    Well, it was Rosh Hashanna last week and Yom Kippur a few days ago. Maybe that had some influence. Of course, the whole 'people of the book'=spirituality may also have something to do with it.
    I positively wouldn't know this. I can honestly say I have no Jewish friends or acquaintances nor have I ever had any. I simply don't meet Jewish people!

As for the second dream, I look at it but can't see reason for the colours or the style of car. I think really it was just an exercise using mind in a dream environment.
    Williams)

Do you remember my pm a few months ago? I had a dream about you connected to Israel. You were then a teacher in a classroom asking us about 'typical professions of Jewish women'. (Well, actually it was "in Israel" literally, but as Israel is always associated with the Jewish people rather than the Christian or Muslim people living in this area / country, it is almost synonymous in this context).
    This collector of useless clutter.

Blog Entries

Oh Volgerie, I'd totally forgotten about that.
    Williams)

Blog Entries

15th October, 2011.
    Saturday

Lots of dreams last night but I can only recall the later sequence.

I didn’t record yesterday because my memories were vague and I was in a morning rush. All I remember now is something about a teacher, a tall man that is perhaps H’s Physical ed teacher, outlining something so I would know his plans for for H’s development. (IRL, both the teachers who teamteach H P.E./sports skills have nothing but wonderful things to say about his maturity, leadership and reliability which, you know, makes a parent proud).

“Precocious Son”

In the main dream I have given birth to a brand new baby boy. Of course babies are a frequent recurrence in my dreams but this one is very memorable. He is born like a normal baby but develops his intellectual and motor skills at a phenomenal rate. I realise quite soon in the dream that he’s mobile within days of his birth and that I cannot even remember particular milestones like rolling or crawling – he just does those things. That’s not to say he’s not vulnerable; I still need to look after his little body and I do so with great care throughout the dream. Though there’s a lapse where I leave him in the bath temporarily unattended. As I mother him, he converses with me with mature knowledge but simultaneously he does cute baby things.

"Visitors"

There are a series of visitors throughout this dream but I’m not sure they all come to see the baby. One is my best friend M who rings from her car outside my house and says she and G have just gone for a drive for something to do (she lives 11/2 hours drive away IRL). I’m disappointed they don’t stay long. I can hear that it’s raining in the dream and I’m pretty certain this is because of actual rain throughout the night.

B, my older sister visits too. She comes to see the baby and nurses him. I notice her breasts are particularly large in this dream and she says she feels the letdown reflex holding the baby.

Now I’m in the backyard at Seven Hills. Kristy, a young colleague from work (a PE teacher) and former student, is ironing outside. I notice one of her dresses on the pile and pick it up to examine it. I tell her it’s pretty. Then I see she’s ironing our things and tell her to leave them, I’ll do those. The dream becomes less real and more vague here. I walk up to the back corner of the backyard and there seems to be a puddle of lava I need to avoid to reach something – I’m not sure what, some kind of food perhaps.

Now another excited woman arrives but I can’t identify her post-dream. She’s excited and asks me why I didn’t come to the Egyptian Party. I tell her I never heard about it.

"Distractions"

I’m driving now and there are young women, gymnastic performers who run ahead of the car and slide up light poles. Then they hang outwards and I wonder if one falls if she’ll come crashing atop my car. I move to the middle lane just in case but a woman runs out in front of my car and stops. I brake and I’m annoyed. She moves away but I can’t remember how to find the accelerator and can only feel the brake with my foot.
    Williams)

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast