Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: Beekeeper's Adventures in Consciousness

Blog Entries

Re: Beekeeper's Adventures in Consciousness

They certainly powerfully replied to your concerns through that song...and Bella

So, I programmed a dream asking what I should do and, as you see with the car dream, there’s a real problem with accelerating while you’re braking. This doesn’t solve my problem by offering a clear direction so much as describe the dilemma.
    This kind of response, describing the situation, or giving half-answers or hints, rather than telling what should be done, seems to be very typical. I recall reading several such instances in Volgerle’s posts about dream programming for instance. And I know I more often than not receive this kind of response as well.

I think this is meant not to overly influence us, and that it actually shows that our free will is being respected. The situation is decribed to help us recognize all the aspects into play and possible outcomes, so that we may then think things over (doing our homework perhaps ) and make a more enlightened decision. But the decision has to come from us. We are always free to choose, and we may or may not heed advices given. As I see it, good guides are not going to be resentful if we don’t always heed their advices and they’ll even be there for us if things go wrong later on.

To me, your dream seems to show that you may strain yourself by going forward (and taking the online course) when you may rather need to slow down...and rest, perhaps. That being said, resting is not as passive as it sounds… Reading your post made me smile because I could recognize myself much in the desire to take action when rest may be more needed. Your post reminded me of this tarot card I often see in readings when I feel this way : 4 of swords
    http://www.learntarot.com/s4.htm
    The key words given in this link show well that rest may also be tied to actively preparing oneself inwardly before taking action outwardly. In this sense, it is actually going forward as well; it is preparing the way…

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    No useful comments, except that the image of Bella letting off steam made me laugh. Perhaps she too has issues with ownership?
    That was funny

Blog Entries

Thanks guys and Poeme I see a lot of wisdom in your response.

23rd October, 2011.
    Sunday.

G and I are heading down a dirt track and when G stops and finds a cache and then another I realise it’s some kind of hunt.

Now I’m in a house and while it’s not the layout of the home my grandmother lived in when she was alive, I realise it’s her home. I decide it shouldn’t be left this way so that anyone can just come in and take what they want. I think we must pack away her things so that her children can have their inheritance. I begin in the kitchen, emptying the cutlery drawers and wrapping the cutlery in a tea towel.

I’m in the bedroom and I find my friend Gabrielle sitting on Nana’s bed (I’d sat near Gabrielle at an all day inservice we were at yesterday for work). Gabrielle is going through Nana’s jewellery box and she tries to tell about some type of device she finds that does something jewellery-related. All I can think of now is that it perhaps untangles jewellery but I’m not sure that’s right because it seems to be the rings she’s holding.

Note: Untangling jewellery might imply finding what is valuable in the inheritance your family leaves you. The rings might have been a better symbol than a necklace because of their fixed circular shape, implying completeness or coming full circle.

Last night I went out with a girlfriend and we watched a young comedian who used his own family life for many of his jokes. This may have influenced the dream. Gabrielle is also a person who identifies very strongly with family.

The cutlery may represent the tools we inherit from family in order to take life in.

The joy of more time and fewer dreams is time to write down an interpretation once in a while and also to savour the otherwordly feel of some of those dreams. This was one of those.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries

26th October, 2011.
    Wednesday.

Messages.

Last night was interesting because I twice heard someone I believe to be my guide, speak to me. After the first time, I woke up and mentally recited the message so I wouldn’t forget it but should have gotten out of bed and recorded it because I’m not sure now that I recall it properly. It was something like: “Live life as if it were your death.” The second message was different and almost immediately forgotten. Both felt positive.

“Amputee Child”
    I’m working on something that interests me. I’m in a familiar classroom but not one I can directly relate to waking reality. It is quite large and similar to the audio-visual room at my current workplace, minus the computers. I’m in the corner of the room where there’s a television and I seem to be working on a document there. Flora and Therese H enter the room and tell me something I don’t know.

The scene changes and I’m carry a very large boy child who has had his legs amputated below the knees. It may be Flora’s child.

I hear the first message, wakeup and recite it mentally.

Note: Flora and Therese work at my former school. G told me yesterday that Flora is expecting another baby, which is surprising because she’s 40 and her son is already 8.

Remembered this while brushing my teeth:

“Mouth cancer”
    I’m upstairs in doctors’ offices. I may have spoken to a doctor first but now I’m feeling a little curious and taking a wander to a back room to see what’s there. I see through a doorway to another room but it’s small and empty and really not at all interesting.

As I return I see the doctor talking to man in his 40s, telling him the cancer cells in his mouth will take two years to multiple enough to kill him.
    Last edited by Beekeeper; 26th October 2011 at 08:46 PM.
    Williams)

Blog Entries

27th October, 2011.
    Thursday.

I’m foggy this morning. I’ve experienced a sleep deprivation run caused by G’s snoring over the past 4 or so nights and it’s really starting to depress me. I ended up on the couch in the early hours of the morning and then the dog thought I was up early to walk her.

I haven’t bothered much with dream recall because a number of dreams were prematurely terminated or I simply couldn’t remember them.

This dream had potential to be interesting:

“Whale people.”
    I live right on the coast, on the beach and rocks,with my tribe. My hair is long and I’m raising a small child. A whale plays in the ocean nearby and we identify ourselves as “whale people.”

“The other Spirit Being”
    There’s a snippet from another dream that’s interesting. I seem to be much younger and going out on the town with my sister. A superior, a Merlin- like figure, asks me about a woman I conversed with earlier in the dream. He wants to know who the other spirit being was, as if he, she and I are different to the normal people. (Perhaps I was conversing with an actual dreamer, rather than a DC)

“Mundane”
    A mundane dream where I’m in a classroom supervising junior students through a test. Something starts to go wrong toward the end. My attitude is very negative when a male figure comes to replace me. I swear when I pass on information to him and he chastises me for swearing while a student can hear.

“Garbled.”
    Something garbled at the end. I’m on the floor beside a woman’s bed. She tries to talk to me at the same time as a woman on the phone talks to me. I can’t follow the conversation on the phone; is she talking about a competition? Is there some nonsense about washing powder?
    Williams)

Blog Entries

29th October, 2011.
    Saturday.
    “Foreign children and the British Queen.”

This is very vivid. I’m in a totally new environment, like a holiday destination, and two children accompany me: an older girl and a younger boy. They both have accents, perhaps Danish or Swedish or Swiss and they talk quite enthusiastically. They’re blondes.

There’s a moment in the dream where we walk through a marina with footpaths, crowds and vendors selling food. Suddenly, my yoga teacher, Maurie, is in front of us, clowning foolishly. He ultimately transforms into a young, slight Indian man with a poorly aligned jaw.*We stop at a shop and the boy orders 1 ½ potatoes for his lunch.#

Now I’m having dinner with the Scandanavian children’s family. My family are there too. Things go well for a while but the mother becomes upset over something we don’t understand.

Now I’m back outside with the children. A very LOUD rendition of God Save the Queen starts up over the loud speakers. We press up against railings lining the street to catch an impromptu appearance by the Queen of England (who is currently visiting Australia IRL). I look to my left and witness and enormous armoured truck that apparently precedes her arrival. While I am in no way a monarchist, I’m excited about being in the right place at the right time.

Notes: The reference to Scandanavian children may have resulted from a brief conversation with our youngest during the day. He wanted to know what nationalities we had in our family. When H implied my background was more diverse that his father’s, because of my Maltese mother, his dad boasted that they had English, Irish, Scottish and German in his background. I added that my great grandparents had been Danish settlers (or Swiss, depending on whose stories/research I trust).

*This was my conscience reprimanding me for a careless statement. I’d taught a yoga class the previous night and a woman in the class told me she was 70. Later she complimented my teacher, who is also in his 70s, talking about his remarkable strength and flexibility as a result of his commitment to yoga. I agreed he is remarkable but stated that I didn’t think years of vegetarianism had benefitted his teeth. It was an observation I could have well kept to myself. The next dream (omitted here) made sure I got the message.

#I tried to programme the dream to advise me on the better course: choosing to do an Open University Psychology degree (apples) or a Counselling certificate (oranges).

30th October, 2011.
    Sunday

“Crystal bowl.”
    Groups peopled my dreams, probably reflecting the fact we’d been to two consecutive parties, resulting in a late night. In one dream I was working with others to solve something, I’m not sure what, but the theme was one of correction and reform related to some kind of social issue. Someone gave me a crystal salad bowl that was somehow meaningful.

“Two of Pentacles”
    In a later dream, I ask two men to help me with a tarot reading. I lay out the cards in a formation of 5 that I seem to be making up (5 is numerologically associated with self-liberation) as I go along. I turn the first card over and it is a beautiful young blond man standing exceedingly tall. I closely scrutinise the card, stating I have never seen it before but I soon realise it’s the 2 of pentacles. I imagine I’m just using an unfamiliar and very beautiful deck.

http://www.ata-tarot.com/resource/cards/p02.html
    http://www.learntarot.com
    Last edited by Beekeeper; 30th October 2011 at 12:18 AM.
    Williams)

Blog Entries

Temporary Dream Journal.

31st October, 2011.
    Monday.

Fragmented recall.

“Coconut Angel”
    I’m a little sad and I decide to throw some flour on our sofa to create an angel. The setting is the house where I was raised and my mother and younger sister are there. I can’t find flour so I use a small sprinkling of desiccated coconut. Immediately the amount increases until it forms a three dimensional, fully sized (though petit) female angel. She’s perfectly proportioned like a classical statue with curling hair and totally smooth skin. She’s silent but alive. I rest my check on hers and feel relieved of my burdens and totally happy, even shedding silent tears of joy. I fall asleep there and later wake to show my Mum and sister what has occurred.

“About to be Robbed”
    I get out of a car in a dimly lit parking lot. A young man accosts me, making it clear he intends to rob me. I have $100 in my hand and I wonder what I should do.

“Giving up the chair and the Phone call”
    I’m in a crowded café at a small round table for one and I’ve finished a coffee. I take the empty cup back to the counter and when I return to the table a stiff wallet is lying on my chair. I look up at a masculine woman and ask her if it’s hers. She affirms that it is and her intention to take my place. I explain that I just got up to return my cup but I can see she doesn’t want to give me the chair so I look around and immediately spot a vacant chair right near the one that was mine. I let her have it. Then I make a long phone call to someone (the angel from the earlier dream?) that I cannot recall at all.

I think I had one of those navigating through unknown streets dreams somewhere in all this too.
    Williams)

Blog Entries

Nothing deep to say but... I thought your dream of the coconut angel was such a lovely one!

Blog Entries

It was, thanks.

In May, I had this dream:
    “Dad’s House”
    I enter my Dad’s “house,” planning to use his bathroom to take a shower. I enter the room and then hear the noise of someone stirring, so I emerge from the room again. I see my dad in a slightly darkened bedroom, in bed during the day. He comes out of the room and I tell him it’s just me, come to use his shower. Now a plump, dark-hair, European woman enters through the front door. She’s Dad’s cleaner and she goes straight into the bathroom, where she clearly intends to begin her cleaning. I’m mildly impatient that I’ll have to wait for her but Dad’s attitude is the disdain for people he considers unintelligent or unattractive that I’ve often seen him display IRL.

I decide I’ll look out back while I wait for the cleaning lady. The backyard is a large, neatly mown, rectangle. It is somehow a familiar dream setting. I notice that the ground is elevated a few feet higher than the surrounding plots. I’m slightly disturbed to see that there is some kind of shed-like structure at the end of the yard and shade cloth that obscures the view beyond the yard. There is a small social gathering behind the shade cloth. A father and his son are briefly in Dad’s backyard, having wandered off their own property. I feel that they should respect the boundaries, even if there are no fences.

I’m not sure if the other remembered parts of last night’s dreaming are still part of this dream or separate. The dream just recorded made me anxious to check up o my Dad, who lives alone in another state.
    It had a similar quality to a dream I had about my father at another time. In that dream he was dying and his torso was twisted like a corkscrew. I was devastated but he was okay with his impending death. I rang him IRL and discovered he was going in for some tests. Ultimately they discovered some cancer cells in his prostate and a shadow on his liver but they said old age would take him out before these things did (he's 71).

After I had the above dream I rang to check on him but he was in a totally obnoxious mood and I regretted making the call. Yesterday he rang me to tell me he's been diagnosed with glaucoma and will go blind and also that a more major operation on his prostate is scheduled. He says he's up 4 times a night to use the bathroom. Remembering the dim lighting in the dream, I dug it up to see if it had references to blindness. I believe it does.
    Williams)

Blog Entries

2nd November, 2011.
    Wednesday

Poor sleep yesterday meant I didn’t record. All I remember is moving two cars at once with my mind.

“Three Conferences”

I enjoyed last night’s dream during which I attended three large conferences with another woman. She is initially a young Asian woman (Chinese perhaps) but she becomes something else later – possibly Indian or South American. She appears to be a knowledgeable companion and I am also quite competent in this dream.

During our second trip to the conference I do the driving. During the third conference I wonder how I knew the way and if I used a satellite navigation system.

At some point, I associate briefly and productively with some former colleagues for whom I had little respect by the end of our association.

There is also a thread to do with earphones for listening. I appear to have at least two sets but my younger sister has damaged them and tangled them, along with earphones belonging to someone else – G? I know where there is another set of earphones (in my bedroom?) but my female companion or G tells me I won’t need them.

I really appreciate the venue for the in-service, which appears to be work-related for the teaching of English. It is truly grand with high arching glass ceilings that allow light to pour through. There are also many tiles and it’s quite beautiful. There’s a lot of white in the tiling.

On my second or third time there, I’m so inspired by the architecture and the sense of spaciousness that I begin to fly. I wonder if I should be doing this as nobody else is flying but I’m enjoying the freedom so I continue. There are people lined up at a door at the top of a ramp to a higher level. I don’t initially notice them as I head upwards towards that room but when I do see them I feel I shouldn’t use my ability to fly to push to the front so I hold back.

While I fly, my companion keeps up with me, walking. Curiously, there’s a moment where I realise I’m wearing a dress and wonder how it manages to enfold me in such a way that my modesty is guaranteed.

At the end of the dream my companion and I observe railway tracks between stations. We’re working out something about getting home. I think there’s also some discussion of the way we got there in the first place. Soon we’re on the platform and my companion holds a piece of cardboard on which she has written guidance for others, directing them to the right platform.

Now we’re in a busy place and the companion has transformed into a South American and she is selling fried chicken. G is with me and we’re apparently ordered some chicken. She gets a phone call and we understand that rat has been cooked along with the chicken. She finds it and wraps it in paper and throws it away. It seems G isn’t too offended by this, that he would have accepted fried rat.

Note: The last garbled bit of the dream reflects some elements of a “Modern Family” episode I semi-watched while reading yesterday evening.
    Williams)

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast