Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: Beekeeper's Adventures in Consciousness

Blog Entries

Re: Beekeeper's Adventures in Consciousness

12th November, 2011
    Saturday.

Another late night because I went out. I want to tell a going out story first because it shows how I’m waking up to the fact that life can act very much like a dream.*

I work a 35- minute drive from home and all our work-organized events happen in that town. We were fare-welling the boss at a venue I’d been to once, a few years ago. I didn’t remember the way because I hadn’t done the driving on that occasion so, while I hurried to get ready, G programmed it on the satellite navigator. I drove the first ½ hour unassisted and then started to use the sat nav, which should have taken care of the last 5 to 10 minutes of the trip. G said, “Don’t worry if it takes you on a bit of a round about path,” so I initially didn’t but half an hour later I was in an ugly industrial area and realizing that it’s stupid to put too much faith in technology.

I found a person and he told me where I needed to go, luckily directing me to go back to a street I knew in the original town. I was pleased that I could find my way there but when I got there I knew I had no idea of where the street I was was in relation to the street I wanted to find, so I got my trusty street directory out of the boot/trunk. As soon as I’d done so, a car of teens pulled up with their doof-doof music blaring. By now, the sun’s gone done and I’m really unsure of directions and afraid I’m going to spend ages travelling the wrong way, squinting at street signs because it was too dark for my prescription sunglasses. Then I realized: this car pulled in beside me apparently randomly, and then I knew. I wound done the window asked if anyone knew where the venue was. The boys were kind of dopey but their little female companion announced, “Of course, my mum works there,” and gave me excellent directions. If I hadn’t second-guessed myself, they would have taken me directly there. As it was, I drove around lost for a good half hour longer, drove right past the venue, and got further help from a couple of really nice service station attendants.

Last night’s dreams weren’t as interesting as that experience. The event imposed itself on my dreams, which were over-populated with people and noise. There was something about Erin singing beautifully (I wouldn’t be at all surprised if this is valid information). Erin, God bless her, rang my mobile to ensure I hadn’t been in an accident, to have my husband answer. (Mental note: take phone when you go out). There was also a crappy dream of teaching an oversized class with a bunch of authority figures down the back judging my performance and Sam being unfairly critical of my classroom control. I remember commenting that the room was so full it was more like church than class.

* I was going to explain the font-change thingy but did it a different way (previous post).
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries

Totally agree, CF
    Williams)

Blog Entries

13th November,2011.
    Sunday

“The House surrounded by Bush.”
    I’m inside a large house with a lot of glass, allowing a view to the outside. I’m accompanied by a group of adults and I’m tending a sick child. There’s a storm coming.

I begin to show some people what surrounds the house. We look up through the ceiling, which is apparently transparent. I see there are large gum trees but they’re not quite where I thought they would be. G says something about these, he has suggested I show them to the people and he seemed to know where they came closest to the house.

Now I’m outside the house. It’s a large area and there’s surrounding bush. I perceive myself as some kind of disaster prevention officer – I might even wear a ranger’s uniform. I walk with another or I meet another. He’s plump and probably in his 50s. I make some suggestions because I didn’t expect to find him inspecting the perimeter as I did myself and I feel there’s a more intelligent way we can divide our labour and be more efficient.

Notes:
    Staring upwards towards the canopy of gum trees in my dreams always instills a feeling of awe. It’s quite a powerful symbol for me. In fact, these expansive outside dreams always leaving feeling a little inspired.

The impending storm is an interesting motif probably caused by a friend at work who told me she had an interesting dream last week where I was like a prophetess announcing that something was on the way and that she could feel it too.

Reading Michael Newton and Hank Wesselmann recently has reignited my interested in the notion of soul age. I was hoping for some indication of my soul age in tonight’s dreams so I’m glad to see I’m an adult in these dreams

“Knowing the way”
    I’m driving through city streets and I’m really feeling competent because I know my way and this is a complicated route.

Another driver (the plump man from the previous dream) converges from my left. I either see him thumbing a lift, as if hitchhiking, or communicating a willingness to pick up a hitchhiker.

Our cars become bicycles. I’m really enjoying the movement.
    Williams)

Blog Entries

14th November, 2011.
    Monday.

I’m with Lucy, Sofie and Helen, sitting in chat I suppose. There’s a feeling of camaraderie. While we talk, I notice the intricate pattern on a lady’s cardigan and then again on another lady’s cardigan.

I go past my old classroom from St J’s and I see a lesson in progress with a new teacher (F’s senior English teacher, I think). I feel like I should have been in class. Now I’m leafing through F’s English notebook. I notice she’s made them write a lot. There’s a piece of weekly creative writing. I read some of it but can’t remember now.

A hostile dream towards G. There’s some kind of social betrayal – he’s been to a wedding and didn’t take me as his partner. I swear a lot.

I’m watching a movie. It’s about an alien attempting to break down the force field on a group’s ship or building (it’s hard to say because if it’s a ship, it’s grounded). The attacking ship comes at intervals and emits a beam. Eventually it succeeds. The audience sides with the attacking ship.

Then an attractive female informs another woman about the normal appearance of her arm being something they’ve (the aliens) done as a mercy (?). The woman has been asking why it doesn’t look like the hairy, monstrous-looking arm of other individuals and they explain it’s a visual illusion. I wonder if they have picked up some kind of disease or damage to so transform their respective arms in the first place. It seems she wants her arm to show its transformation.

I watch something that’s supposed to be comical. A man in it wears a priest’s purple robe at home as his dressing gown – one of the visual gags.

15th November, 2011.
    Tuesday.

I’m living in a house that is unfamiliar to me. It seems small and dim. The phone rings and it’s Brent. I think G will get it but Brent is leaving a long, complex message on the answering machine so I pick up and he’s grateful.

I’m outside with G now. We watch a neighbour’s dog, a ginger coloured, shaggy animal – probably a retriever. It leaps over a fence. Later I see it walking away from me and it’s old and maimed. It walks with another dog.

Two neighbours approach. One is a hippie type guy. He kisses my neck and is clearly besotted with me. For some reason, this is entirely okay with everyone present.

Mum approaches. I’m surprised to see she has a brow-piercing, considering it to be kind of cool for Mum. I comment on it and she tells me it hurts. I’m thinking she’ll have to remove it.
    Williams)

Blog Entries

16th November, 2011.
    Wednesday

"Kids"
    I need to read a thick book but there's a family of five or so very insistent kids that want me to play with them.
    Williams)

Blog Entries

17th November, 2011.
    Thursday.

(F’s formal dinner last night – tired)

“Math Test”
    We’re still at the Novatel and we’re been given a math test. Their year co-ordinator is announcing the answers and, while I’m sure I’ve gotten them all right, I see that some are pencil marked as incorrect. G has gotten these ones right and he’s commenting on where I’ve gone wrong but I’m not convinced mine were wrong.

I wake up too hot.

“Foreign Country”
    I’m in a foreign country, having flown there on a plane, and I’m lining up for a yoga class with a group of other people. I don’t remember the yoga in this dream, however.

What I do recall most is the return trip. There’s a definitely sense of physical movement and when I look out of the window I initially perceive myself as on a plane but when I’m interacting within the vehicle it’s more like a train or a bus. I’m puzzling over where we’ve been. Three places cross my mind - Iceland, Turkey and Brazil - but I don’t feel any of them are really it.

I notice some young people inside the plane/train are being served food. Initially they’re given something on a plate but as I try to discern what that is, the dream imagery alters and I see they’re now eating bar-b-que shapes. Someone comments on the unhealthiness of the choice.
    Williams)

Blog Entries

18th November, 2011
    Friday

“Running through molasses with Cane.”

I’m in a school setting that’s supposed to be where I work but it’s not really recognizable as such. We’re preparing for an excursion (had to get up early today because we are taking Year 9 out for activities). There is a something like a breakfast bar standing outside so people can make their lunches. I try to do so but I keep having trouble with ingredients. Then others turn up and start taking everything for themselves. I’m left with a single piece of bread and some vegemite. I fold the bread into a half sandwich.

I’m in a small room with equipment for making and repairing. I notice a sewing machine and associated bits and pieces.

Next I’m in a larger room and can see library shelving. Somewhere beyond the shelves I hear a child in conversation with her parents. I can’t recall their conversation now but the child was asking questions and her parents answering her.

Now I’m out with Cane T. (Cane is a friend of F’s, they go to school together and played in the same rugby league team. He’s an aboriginal boy and an awesome athlete. He has a beautiful soul and was voted kindest, most likeable person at F’s formal a couple of nights ago). We’re running back to the school but it feels like I’m running through molasses. I’m expending energy but getting nowhere and Cane runs abreast, even though I know he can run faster and he’s just being kind. I tell him to go, I don’t want him to be late but he chooses to stay with me.

We come to a Gothic-looking door. It occurs to me now that this was a free-standing structure and we could have run around it but we don’t treat it as such. It’s locked but I’m confident I can leap over it, which I do. On the other side is a mesh gate but it’s unlocked and we pass through.

We’re running again and it’s still as though my legs are in molasses. Cane is gone but I can see the school ahead and should be able to make it in time for the excursion.

Notes: I vaguely set an intention to start gathering ancestral information in my dreams. As far as I know, there’s no aboriginal blood in our family but it is something I’ve wondered about since, 18 years ago when I was expecting F, an aboriginal man appeared to me. I thought about these things before sleep and that’s probably why Cane popped into my dream. Interpretations are welcome.
    Williams)

That dream seems full of "allegories", doesn't it? Just a few quick impressions: Your movement through molasses could be that your energy body was losing its full power at that point, or it could be a situation in your life that you feel is too slow; or holding you back. . .from some great Mind/spirit portal which has been set up (for you) with all sorts of pointless decorative details (Gothic) perhaps as a "stick & carrot" to encourage you on your journey? But you find all that is really unnecessary, as it is an open, mesh gate/portal (transparent & easily accessed).

I find the notion of ancestors very ambiguous; "they" are our physical ancestors but not always our "spiritual" relatives, it seems. Perhaps the Aboriginal man of your vision is a guide, who appeared in that form because of one's expectation of ancient wisdom from those who are embodied in the "ancient" races. And now you have a physically-present great soul (Cane) from that same soul-carrier/race. And if you are a teacher in 3-D, a provider of "sustenance"/wisdom (bread, vegemite) to others, perhaps you are in a reciprocal relationship with some special students, both teaching & learning.. . Just my 2c worth!
    PS I love your quote from Through the Looking Glass!

There are many things in this world that I will never understand. Vegemite is one of them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sono
    That dream seems full of "allegories", doesn't it? Just a few quick impressions: Your movement through molasses could be that your energy body was losing its full power at that point, or it could be a situation in your life that you feel is too slow;
    Yes on both accounts, or it's a new energy body and I'm still getting the hang of it.

or holding you back. . .from some great Mind/spirit portal which has been set up (for you) with all sorts of pointless decorative details (Gothic)
    Gothic doesn't associate with "pointless decoration" in my mindset. It reminded me of the architecture at Sydney Uni, where I did my degree. I'm also gearing up to teach Extension students a unit on Gothic literature again next year, so this detail will warrant exploration since it will signify many things for me. The important thing is, it wasn't a real obstacle but I perceived it as so. I'm starting to think it may be commenting on the way a particular situation is unfolding, so thank you so much for engaging, Sono, your thoughts are giving me certain insights!

perhaps as a "stick & carrot" to encourage you on your journey? But you find all that is really unnecessary, as it is an open, mesh gate/portal (transparent & easily accessed).
    True, even if it had been locked, I could have climbed it or leapt it again.

I find the notion of ancestors very ambiguous; "they" are our physical ancestors but not always our "spiritual" relatives, it seems.
    Agree. I have wondered if it meant F, my son was coming out of a recent life as an Aboriginal person but even that may have been taking things a bit too literally. Still....

Perhaps the Aboriginal man of your vision is a guide, who appeared in that form because of one's expectation of ancient wisdom from those who are embodied in the "ancient" races.
    I'd call him a spirit rather than a vision. I was praying (didn't meditate in those days) and I got the feeling I get before a visitation. I chose to look (there were times I didn't) and he was just there, observing. I sensed interest in the progress of the pregnancy.

And now you have a physically-present great soul (Cane) from that same soul-carrier/race. And if you are a teacher in 3-D, a provider of "sustenance"/wisdom (bread, vegemite) to others, perhaps you are in a reciprocal relationship with some special students, both teaching & learning.. . Just my 2c worth!
    Part of this resonates beautifully: I do think Cane is special. The abundance of food but an inability to be satisfied is a recurring motif for me but you've definitely got the link between food and sustenance right.

PS I love your quote from Through the Looking Glass!
    It's a good one but I wonder if it's getting a bit old.

Quote Originally Posted by Kali
    There are many things in this world that I will never understand. Vegemite is one of them.
    Not even a true Australian food now it's no longer Australian-owned. Marmite, however, is made by Sanitarium - run by the Seventh Day Adventist Church with their commitment to healthy food - and Australian-owned. As for taste - it's an acquired thing.
    Williams)

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast