Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: Beekeeper's Adventures in Consciousness

Blog Entries

Re: Beekeeper's Adventures in Consciousness

You'll have to wait for the September newsletter, Kali's Child.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries

10th August, 2011.
    Wednesday

“The Disc cards”
    A teacher, a woman older than me, is projecting a large display across a long wall. There’s an older male student beside me. The images are divided off into rectangles and appear to be cards like the tarot, although I don’t really recognise them as tarot. They’re in colour and a little too large for their frames or I’m too close to them so I find it hard to see each individual image as completely as I’d like. The man beside me asks questions but it seems to me that he’s a bit lost and the teacher is having to be patient with him. The cards have discs on them that the man interprets as chocolate. He asks about them and the teacher says something about their indicating sacraments. The man thinks he understands and calls them “chocaments.” I wonder if they are the suit of discs/pentacles from the tarot.

“Making Up Songs”
    I’m making up songs that flow really well and have great original tunes and lyrics (though I can’t remember them when I’m awake). I sing a song in rock fashion while I’m washing clothes in a large upright washing machine. I find when I lift the lid that there are washed cleaning rags in it that had been forgotten, so I take those out first to hang on the line.

Now I’m walking out in a field where there are other people. A small lamb walks on my left and another approaches on my right, so that both now walk beside me as I sing the song from before but this time slow the tune and soften my voice so that it becomes sweet and melodious. Another person seems to be drawn to this and approaches as the dream concludes.
    Williams)

mmmmmmm....chocaments!

Blog Entries

Immaculate confection indeed!
    Williams)

Blog Entries

Every so few months I have a bad couple of nights linked to hormones. I toss and turn and feel uncomfortable and I'm prone to ruminating. I know on these nights I'll sleep little and though I'll dream I'll struggle to recall.

Last night was such a night. What I do recall, because it was so vivid, was sharing my bed with an elephant. I kid you not. It felt for all the world like I lay in bed for a considerable time with an arm thrown over an elephant reclining by my side. At some point it decided to get my attention by chewing on my hand and I responded with irritation and woke up.
    Last edited by Beekeeper; 12th August 2011 at 09:54 PM.
    Williams)

Blog Entries

13th August, 2011.
    Saturday

“Alien threat”
    I’m in a building, somewhere isolated like the Antarctic or a jungle. There are people there who have been mind-controlled by an alien force. I’m supposed to be there for that but somehow the conditioning hasn’t worked and I’m faking it until I can escape.

Now I’m elsewhere and on the run, hiding in the dark of night. I appear to be back in the house where I was raised at some point. There’s a time where I’m under a bush and another where I leap over the fence much too easily (though it is something we did as kids and I’m confident I could still do today). There’s a period of hiding under a bush and another of progressing through the house. I’m concealed in an old wardrobe when a former student, Ashleigh S, begins to talk to me. She’s hidden too.
    Notes:
    There’s no real fear in this dream rather it’s a dream about the challenge of outwitting a powerful enemy. IRL, there’s nothing to occasion such a theme, not a person at least, so I suspect the alien force represents something physical and/or psycho-spiritual. It could reference the issue of recent hormonally related irritability, which felt alien and in control. I don’t feel I responded to the challenge as well IRL as I apparently do in the dream.

It was a fragmented dream and I know I’ve forgotten pieces.

“Finding shoes and the Carpenter”
    This next dream is just remembered fragments. I was planning to attempt another OBE, but the nature of the first dream made me feel it wouldn’t be an ideal night, so I left it. I’m in a house that I suppose is my own. I open a high cupboard and feel around with my hands and discover shoes that I didn’t know were there – several odds and pairs of shoes that I currently wear and maybe some I haven’t warn for awhile.

Shoes used to appear all the time in my dreams and I started using them as a reality check but never successfully. I’m surprised to see their return, especially when I wasn’t focussed on lucidity yesterday, suspecting that I’d sleep very heavily because of all the yoga teaching I’ve been doing lately. So, I guess I must see them as a symbol of journey, direction and groundedness.

The next bit I remember is looking out the window and seeing a carpenter - a familiar identity with an intelligent spark in his eyes, the bus driver guide I’ve referenced before. He seems to be extending the wooden deck on the house. The next bit is confusing: he shows me a barrel of water but I seem to be able to see inside it, despite it being made of wood. There’s something about an optical illusion created by the water. I understand what the workman is trying to show me but G is unable to see it.
    Williams)

Blog Entries

14th August, 2011.
    Sunday.

Strange last night: my dreams made a really faint impression and were quite hard to recover.

“Outdoor dunny”
    I’m using an outdoor toilet. There’s no privacy as the walls are transparent but I cant’ worry about that, I need to go. When I wee, it seems to happen through a filter of some sort which makes it run everywhere.

“Reward for the Helper”
    I’m in the foyer of a theatre where a play will be performed. I feel that somehow I’m on staff, helping but I’m not sure how as I don’t seem to sell tickets or usher people.

Then I go somewhere else, a school, where there is also a school performance. I have to walk through a narrow section and there is a stream of people, mostly women, going both ways. I feel like people give me right of way, I’m not sure why.

Small omission here.

The first bit of the dream repeats, with me back at the initial theatre and walking back to the school. I meet Neil, Oliver and Mishell briefly and there’s a feeling of collegiality. They may be staying in Australia for a time.

I’m somewhere else now. Helpers are supposed to be given a meal. The expectation is that I’ll be given a meal but I’m still not sure what function I’ve performed.

I see a dwarfish woman trying to wash her hands but unable to reach the tap. I approach her and extend the spout on the tap so she’s able to wash her hands.

I stand at a serving window then step out of the line, unsure if I’m entitled. Someone encourages me so I step back on the line. I think I’ll be given a burger but there is also, apparently, dessert.

Fragment: “Eddy.”
    Something about Eddy, an older German guy I used to talk to on my dog walk when I lived on the other side of K. I’m hosing outside his house for him and he's on the front porch (I don’t know his house IRL).
    Williams)

Blog Entries

15th August, 2011.
    Monday.
    “Dying Koala”

I’m out the front at the top of the stairs at Seven Hills when I glance down and notice H on the ground with something living. I ask what it is and he reveals a koala that is sick or wounded and dragging itself along the ground. I run down the stairs and it drags itself towards me.

I’m inside now, ringing a veterinarian. I get a receptionist who tells me the vet is in Africa (this is a reference to something I saw in passing on TV about a celebrity Australian vet). I’m thinking that I’ll need to ring another vet or perhaps there are things I can do for the animal myself – perhaps it needs water.

The rest are fragments.
    “Two Bags”
    We park in an asphalt car park and evening is descending. I get out with my family and then believe I’ve left my bag in the car, so I return for it. Now I’m carrying two bags.

“Kitchen Workers”
    With a group. We seem to be involved in some kind of job, perhaps in an industrial kitchen. Amanda F is part of the crew. I see her once, speaking gently with a man who may have hurt himself, tending his needs. A second time she seems with someone else, similarly nurturing. I wonder if she’ll strike up a relationship.

There’s a very manly worker in the kitchen. His hair is very short and he’s not particularly handsome but he’s intelligent and self-possessed and I’m very attracted to him.
    Williams)

Blog Entries

17th August, 2011.
    Wednesday

“Visiting Lourdes”
    I’m going to see Lourdes, driving my car south towards B (not where she lives IRL). My vision is obscured by a caravan in front of me, and a feeling of sitting too low in the driver’s seat. So, I catch glimpses of the terrain and need to continually adapt to curves in the road. I’m mentally calculating how long it will take to get to her house, and realising I’ll be late for work after I meet her. G is beside me in the car and he apparently knows the way so I rely on his knowledge rather than the map.

We get there and it appears that Lourdes’ address is offices. A woman approaches and tells us we’ve missed Lourdes, she’s gone to work. I recognise her as an actress/ director from RL who is L’s friend.

Somehow I’ve caught up with Lourdes now. We’re on a street in B still, walking past homes. There’s an elderly sort of woman in her front large, bountiful front garden. She looks my way and I feel a connection – an understanding she’s a wise woman. A snake passes and she pursues it to the next yard, hitting it with a spade. It’s not dead and turns to pursue her with supernatural speed but her large, shaggy dog attacks it.

I had had sympathy for the snake before but now I fear for the dog. The dog dispatches the snake and there’s a general sense that the scene has been remarkable.

Notes: I wonder why God didn't give Adam and Eve a big shaggy dog?

“Adam”
    Here’s an example of someone popping up in your dreams after a fleeting thought. Adam was my brother’s friend who asked me out when I was about 15. At the time, I had a crush on him, as did my younger sister and possibly my brother, probably because he was funny and charismatic. As it turned out, he was also a relatively decadent young man, so that was never going to work. In this dream he comes seeking me at my home, wanting to come in and seduce. I tell him I’m married but I do feel some attraction.

“J’s Ghost”

J has been complaining of being accosted by a ghost. I give advice or do something that seems to banish it but then it reasserts itself. I feel pressure on the side of my head and breast and I know that I’ll have to do more to battle this ghost.

Notes:My younger sister has some sorrow in her life ATM about a choice she made that she can't reverse. I woke up worried about her. I really felt the "ghost" in the dream. I'm wondering if I was lying on my right side, feeling the pressure of the mattress.

These dreams are out of order; the ghost dream was early in the night.
    Williams)

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast