Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: Beekeeper's Adventures in Consciousness

Blog Entries

Re: Beekeeper's Adventures in Consciousness

Hello, Beek.

I wonder if G is rather a guide in driving dreams. In my driving dreams when I have a passenger next to me, it's usually one of the females close to me in my waking life, but in hindsight it often makes more sense that it was a guide "on board" with me. (Even Charles commented on that before.) Note how G knows the way and helps you navigate here.

There are other clues that this was probably an adventure in consciousness, though the scene you observed is not fully understood and I don't know what state of consciousness it could have been.

Cheers,
    Oliver

Blog Entries

18th August, 2011.
    Thursday.

I’m invited into a home and I gradually realise it’s the first house that I built with G but it’s been substantially altered. The people who own it are a young couple but I only seem to meet the man, who is thin, dark haired and unshaven. I do interact with others in the dream but I don’t much remember those interactions rather I recall the place. I seem to begin in the kitchen. This part actually references the house we lived in next - before this one. The kitchen there was a galley kitchen and though it had great views, it was fairly dated by the time we left that house and there were limitations on what could be done to renovate it because it was limited by space. In the dream, the people have simply extended it but the carpentry is amateurish and the materials cheap. It looks terrible.

I see out the front. G and I built terraces and planted lush gardens at our first house. Here, though, the sloping block is levelled and the gardens have been replaced by a border garden by the driveway. G is with me now and we share a moment of criticism, realising when the border garden grows it will create problems for cars using the driveway.

I’m looking out the back now. The land is much more extensive than it was IRL and I teeter on the brink of lucidity trying to figure how this is so. The man tells me that they built a whole other storey on top of the house and I figure it’s the acquired height that gives more view and creates an impression of more space out back.

I’m back inside now and a hairdresser has arrived. I’m pleased about this (IRL have been wanting to get to a hairdresser) until the hairdresser begins to use the same comb on my hair and that of an older woman with short grey hair. I feel this isn’t good hygiene.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries

19th August, 2011.
    Friday.

“Boys’ Journey.”
    I’m a boy, with two other boys and we need to get from one town to another. I’m not sure upon awakening what the purpose of the journey is other than to fulfil some type of task. The dream involves solving problems of transport. I think we use bikes, but maybe not, and there’s definitely a period where we discuss catching a train.

“Marking”
    This is perhaps the end of a longer dream. I have to mark final public exam papers – The Higher School Certificate. This is something I’ve done IRL but instead of being at a marking centre, I’m at “home” a confined, semi-dark space. I read the paper and it’s a case of hearing the words in my head and seeing words but the process being more of a simulation of reading than the real thing where the two are connected. I forget now what it was about, though it makes sense in the dream. Even so, I’m vaguely aware that what I read bears no connection to anything I’ve taught. I decide to give the paper a provisional 11/20, not really sure of the standard yet and not having a marking criteria to guide me. It seems quite short. I notice the name is Nathan B, a former excellent student, but I don’t twig that this student is no longer current or that he’d normally attain a much higher mark. What unsettles me is the fact that his name is on the paper when it should be a number for the sake of anonymity and that I’m marking someone from my own school, when this shouldn’t occur. When I have that thought, a number appears in the left hand corner and the name alters.

Now my attention is drawn to F (my eldest son). He has headphones on and music is blasting from them. The music is so loud it almost hurts and it wakes me. Momentarily I can still hear it, even after I’ve woken.
    Williams)

Blog Entries

20th August, 2011.
    Saturday.

“Weird Science.”
    This was early in the night. It’s like a movie or instructional video, trying to convey some kind of concept about time travel (?). There’s a paper cube but some of the corners have a slit along them. The point is made that paper is the important material in this instance and I find that surprising. I have no understanding of what the demonstration means, I’m just following the instructions in making the paper cube.

Then there’s footage of a man who’s planning to travel inter-dimensionally (I think) and he’s about to undergo some procedure with his wife and son that will combine the three of them into one being. He explains he can’t risk being separated from them permanently but this way they can travel together.

“Backyard.”
    I’m in a very large backyard with G. It’s supposed to be a quarter acre/ 1000 sq metres block but it’s clearly more, probably twice as much. We’re examining it, planning to landscape it. As we walk along one fence line I notice dead grass growing through from the neighbour’s side. There’s a horizontal sleeper at the bottom of the fence acting as a retaining wall here and the dead grass is a metre above our landline, suggesting the level of the adjoining block is higher than ours.

We continue to the back corner where we discover a group of tube pots in which I’ve apparently struck up some cuttings. The pots are in a ridiculous amount of shade from an overhanging hedge. I pull them out one at a time, expecting to find mouldy soil with dead sticks inserted. I do in some instances but I also find small camellia plants that have taken root. I think these will be useful when we begin landscaping.

I see along the fence perimeter where G has poisoned the grass so we can create curving garden beds. I’d imagined they’d be slightly larger, given the proportions of the land. There’s a huge storage shed that we enter now. H is in there throwing a basketball with some friends. I tell them to play outside where they won’t break stuff.
    Williams)

Blog Entries

21st August, 2011.
    Sunday
    “Crystalised’
    I’m plummeting down a straight road, totally in control of my car, totally confident about where I’m headed. I know at the end of the trip I will become crystalised, and I welcome this.

This dream happened early in the night. Unusually, I cannot remember subsequent dreams or even the feeling of having had any.

Yesterday, I was thinking once again that I really needed to post my niece’s birthday card and money. Her birthday had been earlier in the week and though we had bought cards in advance for the birthdays in July and August , I hadn’t yet posted it. Within a couple of minutes of the thought, G, who was out at the shops, rang and asked if he needed to pick up a card for A.
    Williams)

Blog Entries

I thought I had posted my thoughts on the previous night's dream- the idea of a hypercube came to mind. Anyway, it was one of those blurts that didn't happen.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

That doesn't really mean anything to me, CF. I figure it's most likely mind rubbish. If it's anything more profound, they've gotten the wrong girl.

22nd August, 2011.
    Monday.

“More Colour”
    Fragment: I suppose the setting is a department store though the view is very narrow, as if the dream can’t be bothered creating the entire scene. I tell Erin D that I’m determined to get myself something nice to wear before this winter is over. She takes a black and white jumper with irregular rectangle blocks knitted into it off a hanger and says, “What about this one?” It’s apparently something I’ve tried on already but I tell her that even though the wool is nice and soft I want something with more colour.

Note: Erin is a young teacher at work; very idealistic and works extremely hard. She told me once how she was bullied out of school, found herself at a senior college where the kids didn’t care much but where she worked so hard that she scored so highly on the public examinations that she surprised everybody. She’s another teacher that suffers stress-related illnesses, despite her youth.

I’m teaching my seniors when one ask me something that I don’t hear properly. I agree to the request, which turns out to be for a study session at my home. When the boys arrive (and it only seems to be two of the more studious ones – Andrew and John) my own sons come out to join the session. H, my youngest, appears to be carrying one of those packaged face cloths that are compressed into a tiny cube before you wet them. The room is dark and he creates three little spots of light on the table, which I think are supposed to represent planets. He talks about these but I cannot recall what he says. F, my eldest, is apparently doing some of the same work as the boys. The setting seems to be the dining room of the house where I was raised.

I have to teach them two poems that I’ve never seen before myself. I choose one because it’s really brief. We read the poem but I have no recollection of its content. I don’t see much that I wish to discuss about it.
    Williams)

Blog Entries

23rd August, 2011.
    Tuesday

“In the Ocean”
    I’m in the ocean with a group of friends, enjoying the movement of floating. Carmen is there and still pregnant, so I feel particularly protective of her. Something happens to cause the rock walls of a public ocean swimming pool crumble and there’s a mad dash as people try to get out to the beach. G comments that this is because there were too many users and the authorities took no care.

“Spiritual Development”
    I’m paired up with a woman and there’s a supervisor as well, probably a male. We’re in a public hall or community centre and we’re working at spiritual development. We begin by discussing our individual experiences. She has told me hers and now I’m to tell her mine. It was still fairly early in the night and I can’t recall what either of us related.

“Migraine cure”
    Something mostly forgotten with a group of people. I develop a migraine (no sense of pain in the dream) that nobody cares about so I seek my car keys and decide to pursue my own cure. I appear to do this and return to the group where a woman tells me that if I was able to self-cure it must have been psychosomatic. I let her believe what she wants.

“Bathing with G”
    I’m in a bath with G, just having a nice time relaxing and chatting. (We do that sometimes. )
    Williams)

Blog Entries

24th August, 2011.
    Wednesday

“Hairy Train Adventure”
    I’m on a train platform with G, apparently in the big city somewhere. He’s telling me which train to get on and I’m a bit impatient to have him go – I know how to catch a train. We look at the information and I read, “Next rain follows shortly.” I begin to knit while I wait, which is very like me IRL as I tend to fill up such moments with activity. The train pulls in very soon and I begin to shove the knitting into a plastic bag, the needles getting caught in the plastic and causing me to panic a little that I’ll miss the train. I realise that there are more than two needles when I’m putting it all away, although I was only using two.

I’m about to embark on the end carriage of the train but the gap between it and the platform is unusually wide and I’m anxious about clearing it. I take a bit of a run and a leap and someone on the train sticks out a helping hand, which I grab. I don’t look to see the person’s face or even to thank him.

I go stand near the other door. Beside me is an endomorphic male, dressed in black with dyed black hair, in his late twenties or early thirties. He is striking up a conversation with a young woman beside him to whom he appears attracted.

The train arrives at the very next station. I’m looking through the window of the door, trying to read the name of the station but it doesn’t appear anywhere. I decide, nonetheless, that I must get off but when the doors open I see that the gap between the train and the platform is much too wide. I notice someone has gotten down on the tracks and decide I’m going to have to do the same.

Now I’m on the tracks with the intention of climbing up on the platform but a train is rushing towards me so I better be quick. The problem is that a tram is rushing towards me also, sandwiching me between it and the train. I know it’s not logical but I’m too concerned with self-preservation to question it. I make myself very narrow as I feel the force of both vehicles on either side. When it’s over, I'm ready to climb up on the platform but it happens again and this time I feel I have an even narrower safety margin.

“Erin copies a lesson plan.”
    I’m watching Erin D and another young woman copying an old lesson I apparently wrote many years ago. It’s on A3 paper and somewhat faded. Erin is enthusiastic about it, claiming it’s much superior to something else she was using and elaborating on why that is so. The lesson references a very old movie “Metropolis” (I have no idea why that would be so) and I tell her she can find it on You Tube (also not something I’d know). I notice when Erin copies numbered material, she puts the numbers at the other end of the line to the original.

“Cleaning up after others”
    There’s some kind of gathering at my home. I walk out to the three-way bathroom to wash my hands, noticing a blond headed boy who is old enough to know better is using the toilet with the door open. I don’t comment, trying to lessen his possible embarrassment. When he leaves, I notice he hasn’t flushed, so I do that.

As I walk around the corner (this house bears no resemblance to my actual home) I notice something wrapped in toilet paper on the floor. It turns out it’s a discarded tampon and picking it up appals me. I toss it into a lined bin in the toilet room and wonder why it was so hard for the owner of the item to have done so herself. I wash my hands.

“Cancan girls.”
    I’m not sure if this is all part of the same dream or not. It appears to occur in the same has. A substantial troop of cancan dancers is performing. Each seems to be wearing a pair of black socks and part of the routine is to kick a sock off, supposedly to be caught by one’s opposite partner, only, there are socks flying but no one catching and I’m slightly puzzled by the point of it all. One dancer is able to salute with her foot and I’m impressed by her balance and flexibility.
    Williams)

Blog Entries

25th August, 2011.
    Thursday

Things were more normal last night with the earlier dream being less distinct that the latter dreams. A mistrust of authority theme recurs.

"Failing his men"
    I’m with some people on some kind of small elevation like a hill or platform and there’s a tent set up in front of me. I’m hearing talk of some rank of military commander who has made a bad call or failed to listen to his superior and sacrificed his troops.

"Dogs"
    I’m out walking when I see a blond woman who often turns up in my dreams, perhaps I’ll dub her “Generic Blond.” She’s around my age, straight bobbed hair, broad cheekbones and hips with a sense of “mum” about her. She’s walking two very little dogs when one gets away and heads to the street. I scoop it up before it goes on the road (which isn’t at all busy) and pass it back to her. She is grateful and head on her way.

Now other dogs appear out of nowhere and converge towards me. I like dogs, so I give them all a pat and enjoy myself. They’re all little dogs except for the last, which is a bearded breed I recognise but don’t the name of.

"Peac o c k Pose"
    I’m teaching yoga to a class and a sequence that I’ve learnt from another teacher and am trying to remember. Part way through it I miss a step but my students don’t. At this point in the dream I’m located among the students rather than at the front of the room. The missing posture is Pea#### (Mayurasana) a pose I don’t practice or teach and one I haven’t practiced a lot or mastered well. In the dream it is predictably very easy and I strive for excellence but lifting myself up strong on my arms.

I’m recording like this because this is how I recall it, even though logically you’d think it would fit into the paragraph above. I consult Linda on the correct sequence for the vinyasa I was trying to teach in the dream above.

"Sofie washing"
    I’m with Sofie (colleague who recently co-ordinated English at work). Again, I feel I’m taking advice. I notice she’s washing clothes in a round white plastic tub and when I look in, I recognize my clothes. I pick up a pink knitted top that I usually save for good, squeeze it a bit, recognize it as mine and drop it back in without asking her why she’s hand washing my clothes.

"Baptism"
    I’m awake and it’s morning and I think I have to teach a yoga class so I seem to be preparing for this but instead G and I end up in a church. It’s very crowded and I can see numerous young families in the pews with babies dressed for baptism. I groan and ask G if we really want to stay because the service will drag on forever with all those baptisms.

There's a simultaneous dream me out on a street, near a corner shop talking to friends.

The priest baptises a baby boy. I don’t like or trust this priest at all: he’s much too rough. Where are the child’s parents and godparents? It’s a very small baby and when the priest has wet him, he places a baby blanket on the floor and lays him in it face down and rolls him in it so you can no longer see the baby’s face at all. His wails emanate from his cocoon.

Now our section of the congregation is seated around a TV, watching something captivating. There’s a moment where I feel released from whatever it was we were watching but everyone else is still mesmerised and reacting to the programme. Somehow the TV is now much, much smaller and facing away so I can only see the screen side on. I think someone must have asked G to turn it so they could better see it. I think that it’s a very small screen for such a large crowd to watch.

The overlap dream has G and I sitting at a table across from a guy who has just answered G’s question about being gay. The guy seems to be someone I’ve met IRL, but I can’t identify him. On his admission, I notice he shoots me a look that I interpret as a glance to see if I express any judgement. I’ve see this look IRL from men unsure of if they should have said something in front of you and especially now that I’m older - I guess they make assumptions about how I'll judge them. I mention that I saw that glance and tell him not to worry I have no issue with homosexuality. He denies having given the look.

G begins to boast about how quickly I succumbed to his charms when we first became a couple and I’m unimpressed by his smugness and exaggeration.
    Williams)

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast