Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: Beekeeper's Adventures in Consciousness

Blog Entries

Re: Beekeeper's Adventures in Consciousness

26th August, 2011.
    Friday

“Russian Statesman”
    This is a bit vague. There’s a Russian statesman. He’s middle aged and rotund and he’s to be arrested by the government although he’s done nothing wrong. His family, even his less immediate family like cousins and nephews, are anxious that they too will be arrested. There’s a sense of his impending doom.

“Space War” (lucid)
    I’m on the ground looking up into the sky where I see little puffs of smoke from explosions happening way up high. I point it out to G excitedly and ask if he thinks it’s some kind of space battle. No sooner do I do this than all manner of space ship appear and conduct a battle. I know it’s too fantastic to be real and I become lucid. I’m momentarily held by the enormity of two black spacecraft shaped a little like zeppelins, only less cigar-shaped and more rounded at the ends like an egg. I don’t stay there long though: as has happened the last few times I’ve been lucid, the dream slips away quickly. I wonder why this keeps happening?

“Bouncing Baby”
    I’m in an unknown house with a baby boy I treat as my own. He’s probably two but much slighter in build than my sons were at that age. I have to take him to pre-school and I think briefly about finding G so they can say goodbye but decide just to get moving because I need to get some cash from the ATM across the road.

When I reach the machine a crowd quickly forms behind me and the nearest man begins to exert pressure as my card fails repeatedly. I decide I’ll come back later to withdraw money and begin to carry the baby towards the preschool. As we walk I begin to bounce him up and down and he squeals with delight, much to my enjoyment.

“J’s Visit.”
    There is some interaction with a young male neighbour. The boundaries of our properties blur with one another and with surrounding community land. I pass him pushing a barrow and he tells me of the hard work he’s been doing restoring around a creek bed. There’s another neighbour, another man working too.

Now my sister has come to visit and somehow ended up out drinking with the second neighbour who looks just like (the gorgeous) Billy Crudup (my Year 9s have just finished a film study of “Big Fish,” thus his appearance in my dream). We watch this part like a movie and the Crudup - what an unfortunate surname- dream character is essentially like Will in the movie. He points out that he’s been too long with J and that he needs to get home to his wife who will be worried. After they leave, we see a group of women actively seducing the men in the place. I ask G if he saw that one had a boob exposed.

Now G is on Facebook, reading J’s status about enjoying drinks with someone who isn’t in her profession.

I go to the fridge and there’s a whole lot of dessert she’s left in there, sweet custardy pastries. I ask if anyone wants some but decide it’s too much and probably soggy. Best to throw it away.

Somewhere in this dream house, an unknown person tells me about a woman he knows who lets her dogs poo in the house. He's really appalled telling me this.

Also, in the same dream sequence is a dream of being in a room with three single beds with J and another girl. It’s an unfamiliar room with glass sliding doors and windows to outside. I get in at the other end of J’s bed and then I realise there’s a bed for each of us and we don’t need to share. It feels a bit stuffy and I wonder if I can open a window.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

sleeper Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper View Post

“Space War” (lucid)
    I’m on the ground looking up into the sky where I see little puffs of smoke from explosions happening way up high. I point it out to G excitedly and ask if he thinks it’s some kind of space battle. No sooner do I do this than all manner of space ship appear and conduct a battle. I know it’s too fantastic to be real and I become lucid. I’m momentarily held by the enormity of two black spacecraft shaped a little like zeppelins, only less cigar-shaped and more rounded at the ends like an egg. I don’t stay there long though: as has happened the last few times I’ve been lucid, the dream slips away quickly. I wonder why this keeps happening?
    were you trying to influence the outcome of the dream?

Blog Entries

Not at all and I didn't get excited or mesmerised. I think maybe they're just happening too close to the end of the sleep cycle.
    Williams)

Hi Beekeeper, its amazing how clear you dream and so many details can remember. I often try to find common symbols or senses in dreams and at times I recognize dream- or- symbol-series. How do you look at your dream-contents, do you see a kind of re-occuring red-line so to say? And what I would like to ask also is, if you do awake shortly after each dream happening in one night?
    Your last dream with the 3 beds reminds me to my dream/dom not long ago which also had 3 beds in my room. What do you think and feel about this last sequence?

greetings.
    wishing joyful expansion, greetings from germany

Blog Entries

Hi Istia,

Quote Originally Posted by Istia
    I often try to find common symbols or senses in dreams and at times I recognize dream- or- symbol-series. How do you look at your dream-contents, do you see a kind of re-occuring red-line so to say?
    Yes, definitely. For instance, babies recur frequently in my dreams and have done so over the past few nights (recorded and not recorded).

While I only tend to write out explanations of my dreams (and share them if they’re not too personal here) when I have time, I do use travelling time to mentally review them and unravel meaning. Fairly often, little pieces are simply precognitive and I really enjoy that. Sometimes the dreams are archetypal and presage what is around the corner and I've even programmed to dream for another when he changed career and had a dream that played out like a tarot reading.

I wonder what inspires other parts, like the Russian diplomat, that don’t seem directly related to anything in waking life. I see the possibility of past lives affecting these dreams but this didn't feel the same as the past life dreams I've had, so I don't know.

After several years of keeping dream journals I see many things that impact my dreams. For instance, if I do a lot of work before bedtime (like last night), I can write off good recall. I’ll still be aware of many dreams, have a general feeling of themes and recall specific images and dream anomalies but the chances of recalling anything cohesive will be remote. The same can be usually said if I stay up late socializing (like the night before), though, occasionally there’s an exception to this and I’ve even attained lucidity after such events. I think that, for me, lucidity may be linked to feeling wellbeing and happiness and this is often heightened after dinner with good friends. Even a lot of exercise before bed will make dream recall more challenging but morning exercise has a beneficial impact. I usually think that a great meditation session will indicate great dream recall. It’s not always the case but there is a bit of a correlation. Hormones also impact my dream themes, which tend to turn a bit negative before a period.

And what I would like to ask also is, if you do awake shortly after each dream happening in one night?
    Yes, I do. If I’m exhausted, I can’t do anything with this but if I’m well rested I can use this for meditation and lucid dream incubation.

I’m often woken by my husband’s snoring, which can be both positive and negative.

Your last dream with the 3 beds reminds me to my dream/dom not long ago which also had 3 beds in my room. What do you think and feel about this last sequence?
    Quote Originally Posted by "Beek'
    Also, in the same dream sequence is a dream of being in a room with three single beds with J and another girl. It’s an unfamiliar room with glass sliding doors and windows to outside. I get in at the other end of J’s bed and then I realise there’s a bed for each of us and we don’t need to share. It feels a bit stuffy and I wonder if I can open a window.
    Bed dreams are interesting, aren’t they? I'll be sure to look yours up and compare. I certainly have my share of them.

J is my sister who’s a year younger than me. We’ve been sisters before this life and we’re close in an odd way that appears affected by those times. She rang me yesterday and we had a big talk where I did what I’ve done our entire life together: coached and pep talked and reminded her of her power and excellence. She mentioned an older woman who had recently befriended her and was proving a source of wisdom. I wonder if that was the other person in the room? Getting into bed with someone is an expression that means you’re linking yourself with them, getting involved in their scheme. There’s an added thing here though: J and I shared a room for 18 years and she often climbed in bed with me or asked me to get in with her when she was scared. I think the stuffiness is my feeling that J keeps responding to her circumstances in habitual ways and I want her to grow beyond that because it doesn’t serve her.
    Williams)

Hi Beekeeper, very interesting points and description of how you look at your dreams and what are the basics of your view.
    Appreciate your elaborately answer which makes me understand better the person behind and also the dream-view.
    I agree on your views and experiences of that your dreams have several different meanings and forms, like sometimes archetypical or precognitive and even dreaming for another, like a tendential reading I know from myself too.
    I`ve read the Russian-Part again and to me it sounds like you express/experience some kind of injustice somehow, somewhere. At the moment this seems to me the basic content of the message, but of course many other meanings more could be possible.
    Also very interesting to read is what you found out about dream-recall-influences (sorry that i dont quote, but i still have tech. difficulties at times), it sounds very reasonable to me, though some distinctions i could not yet experience myself but will have an eye on that cause find it exciting and will investigate more on that. I think or thought that mostly my remembrance is better when i meditate or make exercises before sleep, but maybe thats not all or not only what betters my recall. Also about the hormon-influence i didtn think yet, very interesting, thanks for your inputs.
    I had times when I awoke around 6 times a night (mostly to go to toi) and then i could write down 6 different and partly intense dreams of the same night, but nowadays it seems i do sleep deeper, need more sleep or so, and therefore only once or twice awake, and if i have to get up early, which often is the case then it alsmost impossible for me to recall and keep they recalled well.
    With past-life dream-elements i have not much experience, just some where i am sure it was an preview incarnation (or of a person i was very close to) which was doing star-calculation for astrology in old towers in middle-age, which i startet this life in childhood.
    Yeahs i too think that beddreams are very special as this is not only a most personal place but also its the place were our energy-body splits from the physical body (now not taking in consideration that our energy-body may be flying and working during the day as well on all planes and enegetic-levels which i would find definitely possible and reasonable, cause of the unlimited realities) The bed so to say is our journey-box, right just get an idea that the 3 beds of my dream or gernerally several beds could also be a symbol for the different layers of the energy-bodies.
    What you say about your sister and the possible dream-meaning i find very conclusive, yes to such a relevancy i also would come, a want for independency and growth, also for others, which i find is a very valuable virtue.
    wishing joyful expansion, greetings from germany

Blog Entries

Just to clarify:
    I think or thought that mostly my remembrance is better when i meditate or make exercises before sleep, but maybe thats not all or not only what betters my recall.
    When I say "exercise" I'm referring to the yoga classes I teach.

The bed so to say is our journey-box, right just get an idea that the 3 beds of my dream or gernerally several beds could also be a symbol for the different layers of the energy-bodies.
    Yes, this is definitely so.

I've flown on a bed in a dream and often dream I'm in pyjamas, which I think are missed opportunities for lucidity. There have been other times I've felt energy bodies of other people slip into bed beside me, which is fine as long as they don't wriggle and keep me up.
    Williams)

Blog Entries

31st August, 2011.
    Wednesday.

“Fun park rowing ride”

I’m at a fun park with my family. Each of us has a special prize we can claim and it’s my turn now. I move towards a wide boat with a group of other people (possibly all women). As we climb in I’m confident that I can move with agility and balance even though it's awkward with such a crowd. Once we’re in, we have to take hold of an oar, which I find quite easily although I hadn’t noticed it until the instruction came telepathically. As we begin to row in unison our boat navigates the small man made lake, moving supernaturally fast without great exertion on our part. We enjoy the ride.

“Demonstration Film.”
    I’ve somehow, accidentally inserted a DVD into my computer and it’s playing a demonstration film. It’s not something I want to watch right now so I eject it but it keeps playing regardless. I fiddle with my computer, seeing if I can work out how it's possible it continues to play and what exactly it’s about. I try to find the menu to see if there’s some kind of table of contents. I’m teetering on lucid at this time.

Now I’m transported to a pharmacy shop where part of the video plays as a three-dimensional hologram in a central spot. As I observe, I wonder what people must think about this programme but nobody appears to have noticed it.

“Volunteering in the Library.”

I find myself in a school library and it’s apparently really busy so a bunch of unfamiliar people have decided to help. I suppose that Trish is the chief librarian (as she is at the school where I work) and feel her presence in the background, although I don’t see her. There is a line of teens waiting to borrow books and a smaller line of others filling in the borrowing details. I figure I’ll help and work out procedure as I go. So, I take one of the books from one of the teenagers and I ask if the borrowing period is two weeks but he says it’s one. I endeavour to work out the due date, which I feel I do easily, and pencil in the details at the back of the book where I see previous entries. I look for a stamp but see that this isn’t the custom so I do without it.

I help a few more students. While I’m filling in details on one book I see that the entries vary. I read them – true reading as IRL – and decide to imitate the first entry. That person has written the book’s title, “Holes” and the last thee initials of the author’s name followed by the first initial. I look at that momentarily, sensing that it shouldn’t end in D as it does. Again, I teeter on lucidity: I know IRL that “Holes” was written by Louis Sachar but I can’t quite grasp the memory in the dream.

Another boy comes along and he’s found a cute little book that fits into the palm of my hand. I inspect it but it’s not a library book: it’s more like a little diary waiting to be filled. I ask him if he found it on the shelf and he says he did. I explain it’s not a library book and tell him he can have it.

The borrowers and lenders have dissipated now and I realise that I’ve been writing the number 11 for the month of November on all the books I’ve signed out when, in the context of the dream, it should have been 10. I figure it’s not too terrible a mistake to have made.

I see another person has come to borrow a book and there’s already someone there signing her out. I grab the person signing her out (even though I don’t know her) and playfully tussle with her for the pen. She submits readily but I give back the pen and let her get on with it. She makes small talk with the borrower, a short, female student, stating her belief that she’d take drugs. I disagree, saying, “You look to me like someone who wouldn’t take drugs,” and she confirms that this is the case.

I walk into an anteroom and see a local woman and her child (just an impression) in matching swimwear. Her child would be much older IRL and I don’t question why she’s in a swimsuit in the library, I simply admire the fabric.
    Williams)

Blog Entries

2nd September, 2011.
    Friday
    I’m writing this in the afternoon, because I didn’t have time this morning. Fingers crossed I’ll remember most of it.

“Fugitive”
    This is like watching a movie. Two prisoners are brought into a room when one produces some kind of weapon shaped like a ball and held in his hand. While the guards tussle to disarm him, the other, less dangerous prisoner makes a break for it. At this point in the movie I’m not very convinced but I continue to watch as the fugitive runs down a path, pursued by the police guards.

He finds case lying across the path and climbs inside, slinging a small bag in at his feet. Now I’m completely dubious.

“Knife”
    I’m at a banquet with many others and I go to a table where I get cutlery. I drop the knife on the carpet and, instead of just wiping it against my skirt or taking another one, I decide I must go and find myself a clean knife in the kitchens.

Each time I find a knife from this point on it is covered in heavy-duty goop. Some of the knives mutate into chisels, spatulas and cheese knives as I hold them and all of them are dirty.

“F's essay competition.”
    My eldest son follows me around, wanting me to choose from a thick book of essays something that he should submit for a competition. I'm absorbed by trivial things, at one stage trying to curl my hair with heated curlers and discovering that it’s damp. I want him to make his own choice because I don’t feel like reading through his book of essays.
    Williams)

Blog Entries

3rd September, 2011
    Saturday (late night)

“Joan’s Baby”
    G is planning to go to his parents. I feel I should go with him but it’s a 3hr trip (IRL) and I’m stressed that I have so many things to do. I ask him what he wants me to do but he won’t say so I force him to admit he’d rather I came.

At his parents’ home I sit on the floor and play with the new baby his 80-year-old mother has mysteriously given birth to. He’s probably a year old and lies on the floor. Suddenly he sits up, using his abdominal muscles rather than rolling onto his belly and pushing himself up with his arms like normal babies do.

He’s not a pretty infant by any means, with a thick mono-brow and gap teeth but I hug him anyway because he’s just a little baby. His body is stiff and unresponsive to hugs and I wonder if the baby is autistic. I hug him despite this until I feel him begin to yield and respond. I’m thinking that his parents will probably not live long enough to raise him and then we’ll likely take responsibility (this may be influenced by an email I read before bed where my yoga teacher wrote he cares for his elderly brother). I'm wanting him to be affectionate like my sons and to feel loved.

There are other children sitting around on the floor with us too. I think there are twins (or maybe that was a different dream) and there’s definitely a cherubic little blonde girl who is very interested in how I play with the baby. I met their mother earlier ITD, a large boned blonde to whom I apologised, not knowing my in-laws had visitors.

Now I’m walking in the twilight, carrying the baby and throwing him in the air. He’s laughing like a normal child and someone is taking photographs with a flash.

Earlier Fragments:
    In a large, sprawling house. Arlene and Micheala visit. I’m having a cup of tea in a well-lit room with Arlene (whom I haven’t seen IRL for about 25 years). I’ve chosen that room because it lets the light in.

4th September, 2011.
    Sunday

Another late night and with a bit of wine - believe me, it doesn’t take a lot - so any recall is a bonus.

I pass through a doorway with a group of friends and we’re standing watching a performance on a small ampitheatre stage. It relates to global warming and is given by a group of young actors who seem to deliver it Greek chorus-style. What they present appears to be indisputable and the people in my group make ironic comments that disparage the global warming deniers.

Kyle S is one of my group and he suddenly begins acting erratically, making a lot of noise howling and running about. He explains he always acts silly at this time of day. (Kyle is a former student and friend who IRL is very much convinced by the reality of man made global warming).
    Williams)

Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast