Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Damn cats!!

Blog Entries

Re: Damn cats!!

The work to keep them aligned might lessen over time, very probably will. This is not only a status update dream, it's probably also an active release of some resistance in the mental body, embodied by the struggle. Similar to processing such experiences in meditation, but clad in symbolic imagery.

The higher aspects do tend to order and align the lower ones, but before the higher aspects can come through, the lower ones must be aligned to allow them to come through. This becomes self-reinforcing and hence easier, similar to keeping momentum. As you keep them aligned the knowing present in the higher aspects helps to inform your decisions and enhances your understanding of the process and what's going on in your life, potentially leading also to life-style choices that can aid in bringing more alignment about.

Yeah there's a definite progress visible in my dealings with them. If you remember the first one or two, i was frozen in fear of these big cats...now there's only one playing up, and i'm in control of the situation...
    Actually, during last night's dreaming, there were three dogs, all of whom were behaving very well...
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

Hi Neil. Just an alternative view, I guess, but I would interpret this as a fairly successful shadow integration dream. On the other other hand I probably tend to force everything through a Jungian perspective to a fault.

Blog Entries

Hello, Kali's Child.

An out-of-control elemental with unsatisfied needs will expose many qualities you would expect from a Jungian Shadow. The difference here, however, is so big in degree I would say it is one of quality already. When dealing with an elemental that has turned a Shadow it's no longer defiant resistance, it's outright opposition, acting out. This would need time and healing to remedy if one was conscious of it.

Compared to this, Neil's elemental is rather well-behaved, only a little willful. It needed some attention, it got it, situation resolved (three dogs dream). Think of it like a young child - if things get so much out of hand a child starts to act out seemingly randomly, a lot of negativity has been exchanged, gone unprocessed, stored and is now randomly making its way out. Think trauma. What Neil is experiencing is more like the drama we sometimes experience over the sweets at the checkout counter - not a sign of something fundamentally wrong.

So, this is more like routine maintenance that prevents creating a Shadow in the first place.

Cheers,
    Oliver

Thanks for the explanation. I don't want to drag this thread off topic so I started a new thread for my questions along these lines.

http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...323#post101323

Blog Entries

Actually, Oliver, why don't you write a post explaining what you mean by "elementals," since it does cause some confusion at times, especially for newcomers.* If you wanted, you could then link some of Kurt's posts at his webpage for clarification for those who'd like to read more. I'd sticky it or you could just keep the link handy or stick it in ADPedia.

Kali, feel free to write whatever you want on Jung too. We're an eclectic bunch here and various models are welcomed.

*I realise you may have already done so, so direct me to it.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

I have a pretty good handle on elementals, and have even experienced them OOB. Not in dreams though, that I can recall, or at least that I was able to recognize.

Blog Entries

That's good to know because the term does have another usage.
    Williams)

Yeah? Well I know about elementals in a hermetic sense, creatures who's nature is air, fire, water or earth. and then in the astral/dream sense there are those compulsive gummy bear type entities that just want to hump your leg and such. Is there another category that I'm missing?

Blog Entries

Yes,
    [Each of our energy bodies has its own body consciousness, called an elemental–just as our physical body has a body consciousness made up of the individual consciousness of all the cells of the body. This body consciousness is responsible for running the so-called automatic or involuntary processes of that body. In the physical body, these processes involve the breath, the heartbeat, the digestive system, the immune system, and so on.

The body consciousness of the astral body is called the astral elemental. It’s responsible for the automatic processes involving our emotions and desires.

It’s called an elemental because it’s made up of elemental essence, the basic ground of consciousness in nonphysical reality. Thought forms, too, are made up of astral essence. Thus the astral elemental is a thought form.

When under our conscious control, the astral elemental is an effective workhorse in our emotional life and vehicle of consciousness on the astral plane. But it can also resist our attempts to control it, like a horse that tries to throw us, drag us by the reins, or wander off the trail to eat whatever looks interesting by the side. The astral elemental is often responsible for our emotional activity, temper tantrums, and other types of acting out commonly called emotional drama.]

“It may take the whole process of mastering the astral body to bring the astral elemental under complete control. But the first step is being able to restrain desires so that you’re not acting impulsively whenever you want sex by raping someone or feel uncontrollable rage and murder someone.
    http://www.kurtleland.com/astral-pro...e-astral-plane
    Williams)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast