Thread: OBEs or LDs?

1. OBEs or LDs?

Hello, I've been actively trying to OBE for the past two weeks. The past few days I've had some experiences which seem to me like they would be OBEs, but I want to hear people's opinions, because I think they also could've been LDs. Btw, I still haven't felt any exist sensations (except the vibration one I mention below)

#1. I was taking a nap, while saying in my mind "I have lucid dreams and remember them." Eventually, I drifted off into sleep. At one point, I guess I must've half-realized that I was dreaming, because in the dream I went to my room to take a nap, and then I said "I'm dreaming." The dreamworld disappeared and then I could feel my body in real life. I saw my eyes closed and just saw darkness. As this happens, I was also able to see my dream. A woman appeared (she looked like a Spirit Healer in World of Warcraft...for any of you who have played, she's the person that revives you when you die). She said something like "I'm ----" (I think her name started with S). "I'm going to bring you to my son, he'll help you project." We then started flying across some landscape filled with colourless/grey mountains, and I think we were headed to a cabin or something. While all this was happening, my physical body started feeling like it was vibrating and I kept hearing weird 'wavy' sounds. Then my mom walked in and woke me up, dream over

#2. Taking a nap, while repeating some affirmation. I tried lying down on my back (haven't been able to fall asleep like this so far - I usually sleep face down, or on my side)..after a while I got bored so I lay on my side. I felt my body get heavy pretty quickly, and drifted off to sleep. In the dream I talked to my brother and he told me "You don't look normal right now...," "it's 'cause I just woke up from a nap." I went to my room to take another nap (in the dream), then suddenly it felt like I tripped over my leg or something and I landed on my couch which is on the floor below where I was napping. I felt my physical body, and in the dream I was lying on the couch in the same position. I felt like I was paralyzed and I couldn't move... my instinctive fear fired up, I called to my brother but nothing happened, so I demanded "Take me to my body!" .. nothing happened for a couple seconds, then boom, I'm awake. I think this one might've actually been an OBE where my physical was still too awake. I feel bad about leaving so early, but it wasn't a conscious choice, my body was just reacting to the fear of paralysis.

#3.Taking nap (again).. trying to OBE. After a while, I got into the dream-state. I may or may not have had a dream before this, but I remember that eventually everything turned black and I heard a woman's voice clearly inside my head (i.e. I had no background 'ego' noise). It said "I'm S----- [a 2 or 3 syllable name], I'm your spirit guide." I remember having a conversation, but by the time I was awake, I had forgotten all the questions and answers =/ Unsure if this was real, or really my spirit guide trying to contact me. Lately I've been asking + intending to meet my spirit guide so maybe it really did happen! Lol, since by the time I woke up I forgot all the questions + answers, I decided to just go back to sleep and try to OBE (unsuccessfully?)

#4. (Happened just today!) Was dreaming, when suddenly I was somewhat lucid + in control. I realized I was in a different room in the house. I felt like I was losing control, so I (not consciously) started to spin around while looking at my hands, and said "Take me to my dad!" (he's in another continent at the moment)... nothing happened, and after about ten seconds I felt like I was really losing control. Eventually the wall changed colours, and it seemed like an image of a different world emerged onto the wall. I tried to approach it but couldn't move, and I think I just drifted off into another dream

Sorry for making a long post, thanks if you read this! Btw, what does an OBE feel like when it happens out of a lucid dream? Also, just after writing this I realized that the 'spirit guide' in #1 and #3 both had a name that started with S! When I meet my guide am I supposed to feel happy or protected? Because I just felt neutral... maybe my energy body's not sensitive enough right now (I'm really bad with NEW).

I'm looking forward to starting an OBE journal on here once I can project more vividly! Happy travels!

BTW, this is what I saw in #1... I tried doing a link through the advanced edit, but it's not working http://images.wikia.com/wowwiki/imag...eath_Ghost.jpg
    Last edited by PsyChemist; 25th July 2011 at 06:19 AM.

Re: OBEs or LDs?

Just my short 2 cents: In my view, people worry too much about the difference between OBE and LD. They seem to think that LD or dreaming in general is 'less real' (which is wrong, it is as real as OBE/AP, even dreams have a reality).
    I have been into or read discussions on other forums as well a lot of times recently. To me, LD and OBE/AP are not different at all. I call them lucidventures because that is what they are ('lucid adventures').
    So this is my advice: Do not worry too much if sth is 'real' or if you can put a specific (over-constrictive) label on the EXPERIENCE, because that is what it is in the first place: try to experience (as lucid as possible). Try to only see the experience according to the degree of lucidity you reached (and work on your lucidity).

The woman's voice in your head might be a guide indeed (even more if she says so). I have similar experiences with voices. This is nice for you and another very good sign (of a reality you have access to)!

Welcome to this forum and happy travels and experiences!
    Cheers, V.
    This collector of useless clutter.