Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: question: chakra opening techniques (mudras & chanting)

Re: question: chakra opening techniques (mudras & chanting)

Quote Originally Posted by C View Post
    So in essence, much of what we do here is accessing our inner daimon, and tapping into it's information.
    -very well said.

to add to this threads aspect of 'Danger Vs. Sensibility' ; what the original poster is talking about are the Bija Mantras -in absolute layman simplicity (and as such only) , i doubt this "practice" would be of little use except building up the vocal chords for a good chant based routine (too noisy ,too cumbersome for my taste sorry) - but hey if it appeals to you , the universe might just reward your belief with an expected outcome.

Given the fact that my routine has consisted at one point or the other with amalgams of mudras ,chants, aasans and whatnot i will add the pointers as follows :

*Bija mantras are a part of a diverse system of practice and as such represent only one singular facet.
    *Mudra isnt a singular gestural sign with energetic circuitory - mudras toward a specific end can be as rapid in progression as to 20/minute wherein sometimes the length of holding one mudra can be different from others within the same sequence
    *Chakric colors for "awakening" and "activation" are usually "base plate" they are visual cues to tune into the frequency of one singular energetic construct or locale and such represent a "doorway frequency" as opposed to entrance entirely.If your'e giving directions you could say "look for the red house on the lane" - that doesnt mean the red-house has its gate wide open to meet your eager arrival.
    *Mandala Construction - once the student shows effiency in mantra/mudra/aasna he/she is further instructed to combine all these continue forward towards the dynamics of a mandala -specially when the conciousness is ready to disrobe and awaits a divine merger (that's a task for the good ole Swaami Jee i'm happy to say )

...personally however i think mantras are very over-hyped (since im more of a visual person i like working with yantras anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by psionickx View Post
    ...personally however i think mantras are very over-hyped (since im more of a visual person i like working with yantras anyway).
    Wow, yeah, looking at them and trying to concentrate then really makes me go ...

http://www.google.com/search?q=yantr...w=1063&bih=671

Isn't the famous 'Flower Of Life' a yantra, too?
    This collector of useless clutter.

i like some mantras like om, om mani padme hum, i like them maybe not for all the hype, but because i find them enjoyable, and i can get the energy body buzzing good. never heard of yantras though so thank you psionickx.

del Dardano Turann Guest

My personal opinion on this is that the form is secondary to the intentionality as that is what it is meant to focus (explicitily stated actions like a Black Mass obviously are a seperate category). If, in your mind, the mantra has been corrupted by an association with Crowley then don't use it. You might only be supplying an undercurrent of Qi to charge that associaiton within your mind and around you. Perhaps you should experiment with just the hand mudra in concord with some other form of meditation and see if you feel any development.