Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Magic or foresight...

Blog Entries

Question Magic or foresight...

I don't what to call this? I and "Lucy" were returning from her small acreage in the country when she got a call from a business associate who wanted to talk about a situation at the property management company where she works. The conversation centered around an employee of the operation that was a headache to both the broker and Lucy. I had heard plenty about this nit-wit and his antics in the past and I was starting to feel that the business would be happier, and certainly SHE would be, without this bone-head who was her immediate superior.

A dad can't help but want to protect his daughter. Her happiness means a lot to me. I fought temptation for a day or so having promised myself that I would never mess with the magic arts again (it can backfire), but I couldn't take it any longer - that Lucy was not being treated well by this fellow, making her life uncertain. I decided he had to go.

Not more than 10 days had transpired since our road trip, when Lucy came home with good news. The trouble-maker had been demoted and a new property manager had been installed, who made it her first order of business to inform the offending person how the operation was going to work henceforth.

Lucy says she doesn't think this person, unwilling or unable to 'take it on the chin' like that, will last through the end of the week. Hopefully he'll find satisfactory employment elsewhere!

I was dumbstruck. I told her what I had done. Bad mistake. Don't talk about your work, young magicians, it's not wise. Knowing I'd slipped, I immediately recanted what I had said, offering instead that I had merely sensed what was coming down the pike in the natural course of life.

Which brings me to my question, and I'm not the first to wonder: How often is the so-called work of the magician merely a foresight of what is inevitable, anyway? I cannot answer this. Does the magician ever really change the course when he undertakes a specific task, or is he merely sensing the future, acting on that information and then confusing a non-cause and effect, a coincidence, with his efforts?

Last edited by eyeoneblack; 29th July 2011 at 04:23 AM. Reason: for readabilty
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

Re: Magic or foresight...

Quote Originally Posted by eyeoneblack View Post
    Does the magician ever really change the course when he undertakes a specific task, or is he merely sensing the future 
    i cant quite tell if youre asking if the person under question is either
    a)effectively manipulating occult forces or b)is precognitive with prescient ?foresight.

Blog Entries

In fact, that is just what I'm asking. I'm sorry I didn't make that clear...

What do you think, a) or b), in general. Might the magician mistake a) for what was actually b)? How can we tell?
    Matter is only mind in an opaque condition; and all beauty is but a symbol of spirit.
    - E Hubbard

Blog Entries

I think both things happen in different circumstances but that's probably not what you want to hear. Just beware of karma if you use will to move people in specific directions. It's no different to doing mundane things that affect others.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries

I agree with Beek.

One the one hand it would be instructive to put yourself in the same spot where that demoted person now is in, and see things from his point of view. Was the change for his greater good ultimately or not?

On the other hand, if that guy was a karmic challenge for others working there, it might well be that while this specific situation resolves, another one arises for example for your daughter, but in another area of life, seemingly unrelated. The energies behind situations reassert themselves and manifest themselves in a new way, drawing people in to act them out. Somebody who changes the form but leaves the energy untouched ends up quickly in a situation where new forms arise and then has the same choice again - try to influence or leave it be.

For me the real magic is less involved with actively interfering with things. First and foremost you have to understand the energy dynamic unfolding for all the people involved, what roles they play in there, why they got attracted to play a role in it, and then navigate a way out of the dynamic that resolves it in a beneficial way. When you have done this for yourself, you can either aid by advice, and sometimes even get part of the energy moving again if it is stuck. But knowing the nature of the energy dynamic is the best bet for resolving it.

In this sense, it is foresight. Reading the energy and knowing where it is heading is a primary skill. Changing forms around will also be instructive - for you. You will see what consequences come of it, and if it was ultimately helpful. Observation will tell. It will also help you learn discern where energies are moving.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper
    I think both things happen in different circumstances but that's probably not what you want to hear. [] Just beware of karma if you use will to move people in specific directions. It's no different to doing mundane things that affect others.
    Aye, Karma. I think it is important to act with a sense of benevolence so that if it boomerangs on you it won't hurt you. In other words, the accomplishment of the task (moving the offending) was managed with the emotions of simply finding better suited work for the fellow. If actions are taken with a sour heart, then the boomerang (karma) can and will backfire and hurt yourself.
    I caused myself a good deal of pain once because I had used my will in a situation that I was emotionally embroiled in. The pain lasted a long time in the form of an injury similar to tennis elbow.
    One must look to a better future for all concerned...
    Thanks for that clarity, Beek.
    - E Hubbard

Blog Entries

Hi, Oliver. I didn't read YOUR post before I replied to Beek on purpose. Now that I have I see you support her thoughts but you add another wrinkle, which, oddly, was a point I tried to make to CaterpillerWoman in her thread on Law of Attraction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    On the other hand, if that guy was a karmic challenge for others working there, it might well be that while this specific situation resolves, another one arises for example for your daughter, but in another area of life, seemingly unrelated. The energies behind situations reassert themselves and manifest themselves in a new way, drawing people in to act them out. Somebody who changes the form but leaves the energy untouched ends up quickly in a situation where new forms arise and then has the same choice again - try to influence or leave it be.
    This energy will seek to manifest one way or another. Be it thwarted in one direction it'll pop up somewhere else. Let's just hope it was this fellow's energy beast and not Lucy's. Do you think if that were the case, Lucy may be free of it?
    For me the real magic is less involved with actively interfering with things. First and foremost you have to understand the energy dynamic unfolding for all the people involved, what roles they play in there, why they got attracted to play a role in it, and then navigate a way out of the dynamic that resolves it in a beneficial way. When you have done this for yourself, you can either aid by advice, and sometimes even get part of the energy moving again if it is stuck. But knowing the nature of the energy dynamic is the best bet for resolving it.
    Couldn't agree more! The energy worker must stay detached and apart from the dynamic which, as the father, is almost impossible, so I've given my daughter clue's to leave her work at work when we see each other. Her and my son-in-law's lives are such a tangled mess right now, it's almost more than I carry. But certainly that she has steady and fruitful employment is a primary concern.
    They are working hard to get back on an even keel, but it's a struggle that weighs on me because I can't help but be sensitive to it. It's just my nature. I think you understand from my post that I don't make a habit of interference by will. I like that better than calling it magic, because I don't do ritual type stuff*, it IS just an exercise of will.
    In this sense, it is foresight. Reading the energy and knowing where it is heading is a primary skill.
    That pretty much resolves the issue well for me, Oliver. It becomes basically two sides of a coin. Thanks for a mew perspective and I can feel a little more at peace with myself. Thank you.

Richard

*Ok, there's a little ritual envolved, but not like drawing a circle and donning garbs and envoking the the points of the compass sort of thing.

p.s. my operating system (Windows 7) is having some trouble here. Will need to see what's up??
    Last edited by eyeoneblack; 30th July 2011 at 03:24 PM.
    - E Hubbard

my initial thought upon reading the OP is - there might have been a lesson in that situation there for your Daughter that she will never learn, or will have to go thru at some later time anyway...
    just a thought...
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Templar View Post
    there might have been a lesson in that situation there for your Daughter that she will never learn, or will have to go thru at some later time anyway
    astutely noted.

Blog Entries

This is true. But aren't we all replaying old energy patterns/difficulties throughout our lives? So if we move the pea from here to later, does it really make any difference? The bogey-man will return. If we can find relief here and there, obtain a respite from ingrained habits and challenges, it's not a bad thing.

Maybe if we move the 'pea' from here to never again, as a habit is acquired not to have to deal with such a situation again. The life of a student in high-school comes to mind. Problems in that setting will likely never be encountered again. Never again will the student have to deal with such a diversity (mal-adapted) as he must face during these years. Life gets easier. So, if you can get beyond it (either by graduation or by internal psychological means) you may never have to face such trials again.

Seriously, don't you agree??
    - E Hubbard