Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Discerning what isn't just part of your own psyche

Re: Discerning what isn't just part of your own psyche

Now I'm kind of thinking that maybe swimming around in your own SC is kind of like staying in the shallow end of the swimming pool...

Blog Entries

So, what has happened recently to lead you to that thought?
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Just a theory really. But I do wonder why others get taken under the wings of guides and get to really make spiritual progress and get an education of the big picture. Am I just dog paddling around the kiddie pool because I haven’t earned the attention of a guide? Is it just my belief system/expectations holding me back from that kind of experience? These are the questions I ask myself.

Blog Entries

Ah, yes, recently the guide question has been playing on my mind. I'm just coming around to thinking it might be good to have that direct guidance rather than floundering around. I did a meditation to meet my guide once and someone showed up but I dismissed it as imagination- maybe I shouldn't have.
    Williams)

Exactly. It's hard to tell.

Blog Entries

I've been clairaudient before, but spontaneously rather than at my bidding. The information was unsought and correct, against expectation. That, I believe, was a guide and such experiences are pretty black and white. Other times I've had visions, fully awake and active where I wonder if that's an innate faculty or the influence of a guide because, again, it was spontaneous.
    Williams)

sleeper Guest

people who use drugs for spiritual experiences report that most of their thoughts are from somewhere else, not from themself.

i don't use drugs but i agree; that most thoughts are not our own.

in dreams, there is a blending of our daily experiences, our emotional-energetic blockages, our spiritual insights, our projections, our wandering thoughts of our physical mind, etc. so sorting it out can be a pickle, no doubt a bout it.

Blog Entries

Sometimes one can see the mind thinking, realising that it is not oneself who is doing the thinking.

Blog Entries

I don't understand the 'someone else is thinking for you' idea. If you see the world as a macrocosm of the microcosm (And I'm aware that not everyone does), isn't everything a result of what you think? Or is there a degree of subtlety in this conversation that I'm missing?
    According to most scientific theory we have bicameral minds- in some subjects the left/right brains have been experimentally divided, and it's been found that the (right?) mostly? side of the brain is largely unknown- but it is our brain after all even if not consciously recalled, and it's 'us' that is using it to think, even if not consciously.
    In fact, there are various studies that show that when the corpus callosum is severed and the hemispheres independent from each other, things like one side of your body can actually react suddenly to something that doesn't seem upsetting to the conscious/right brain.
    So if this 'other' thought process is constantly happening (and you can witness it when meditating) who do you think is doing the thinking for you?
    (unless you're getting into the 'There is no I' outlook?)
    I'm curious about this theme, it kind of bewilders me a little.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

sleeper Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    I don't understand the 'someone else is thinking for you' idea. If you see the world as a macrocosm of the microcosm (And I'm aware that not everyone does), isn't everything a result of what you think? Or is there a degree of subtlety in this conversation that I'm missing?
    According to most scientific theory we have bicameral minds- in some subjects the left/right brains have been experimentally divided, and it's been found that the (right?) mostly? side of the brain is largely unknown- but it is our brain after all even if not consciously recalled, and it's 'us' that is using it to think, even if not consciously.
    In fact, there are various studies that show that when the corpus callosum is severed and the hemispheres independent from each other, things like one side of your body can actually react suddenly to something that doesn't seem upsetting to the conscious/right brain.
    So if this 'other' thought process is constantly happening (and you can witness it when meditating) who do you think is doing the thinking for you?
    (unless you're getting into the 'There is no I' outlook?)
    I'm curious about this theme, it kind of bewilders me a little.
    i would like it first if you would elaborate on your macro/micro view of the self.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast