Thread: Controlling a dream but not lucid dream?

1. Cool Controlling a dream but not lucid dream?

Some of you may know that I am having a "dry spell" of OBEs for about almost two months. Recently, I have had several experinces of controlling the dreams.

What happens is that after I wake up, immediately, I start thinking about some thing, then I kind of fall asleep but I keep thinking about the same thing, the story would continue during the dream and then I wake up again, realize that my waking consciousness mixed up with my dreaming mind, but I continue thinking about the story and fall asleep again while I continue the story. Isn't it weird?

Now there are two types of story (dream) making that I noticed. The first type doesn't involve the mind eye, so even though I know I am dreaming, there is no vision. The second type is a bit deeper, so if in the story I am looking at some apples on a table, then I can see the apples.

Too bad, I didn't become lucid during the dreams. One of my friends said that my higher self or guide made me practice connecting different type of consciousness so that my OBEs (when I have them after the dry spell) can last longer.

I wonder if you guys had the similar experiences before?

Re: Controlling a dream but not lucid dream?

Quote Originally Posted by baby001 View Post
    What happens is that after I wake up, immediately, I start thinking about some thing, then I kind of fall asleep but I keep thinking about the same thing, the story would continue during the dream and then I wake up again, realize that my waking consciousness mixed up with my dreaming mind, but I continue thinking about the story and fall asleep again while I continue the story. Isn't it weird?
    Not weird at all. I've experienced that many times... sometimes it goes on all night...
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

Blog Entries

Re: Controlling a dream but not lucid dream?

Me too. You do know there's a lucid dream technique linked to this? After you wake from a dream lie there imagining the dream again but this time that you become lucid and do whatever you'd do with that lucidity. Then let yourself fall asleep again and hope for the best.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)