Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Copy: What Is the nature of Reality?

Copy: What Is the nature of Reality?

What is reality? Is reality free from the extremes of both monism and plurality? Mādhyamaka says:

a. Everything appears as mere labels (thoughtforms) designated upon causes and conditions. This applies to yourself, deities, time, the causes and conditions themselves, and even the principle of causality itself.

b. By its very nature conceptual thought is dichotomizing, yet "reality" (or lack of it) is free from all extremes.

c. There is a primordial freedom from grasping your mind. Mind being defined as the thing always on the Three Times (past, present, future).
    Last edited by D.O.; 13th August 2011 at 11:41 PM.

Blog Entries

Re: Copy: What Is the nature of Reality?

What is the nature of reality? My goodness. That's only a question that has been the topic of theology, religion, psychology, physics, philosophy, and other disciplines since the dawn of time!
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

The nature of reality is the nature of you.
    ...but my words like silent raindrops fell
    and echoed in the wells of silence.

Blog Entries

Or... YOU are the nature of reality.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by D.O. View Post
    What is reality? Is reality free from the extremes of both monism and plurality?
    I'm glad that someone made a copy of this, because it's not really a question, it seems to me.
    What is reality? Depends on what you consider reality to be. Is it subjectivity? Is it objectivity? Is it either? If I had to guess, I'd say that I think reality is probably noncausal, and possibly indescribable.

b. There are discrepancies between thoughtforms and reality. For example a thoughtform of a person is singular and relatively stable, yet thoughts and emotions are many and constantly fluctuating.
    I find this observation interesting, because my experience is completely different. I find that projection is the rule, so that people are more stable than the emotions I project on them.
    So this seems then very subjective, doesn't it?
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

i find this line of thinking extremely ,for a lack of more accurately descriptive word "amusing" ...in the sense that ,lets assume for arguments sake that you work out the very nature and laws of "reality" and jurisprudence of these constitutive laws in ways both objectively and subjectively.

what then?

if you know that hydrogen and oxygen compound together to constitute water does this water quench thrist any differently than water whos composition was ,to you unknown?

hmmm i dont know if i got to articulate what i actually was thinking.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by psionickx View Post
    i find this line of thinking extremely ,for a lack of more accurately descriptive word "amusing" ...in the sense that ,lets assume for arguments sake that you work out the very nature and laws of "reality" and jurisprudence of these constitutive laws in ways both objectively and subjectively.

what then?

if you know that hydrogen and oxygen compound together to constitute water does this water quench thrist any differently than water whos composition was ,to you unknown?

hmmm i dont know if i got to articulate what i actually was thinking.
    I get what you mean. Like someone saying "This is real and this isn't". Does it mean I'm going to enjoy my dreams any less? Or consider them less important?
    Considering that we process everything we perceive with our mind, it is not unreasonable to consider that 'reality' is a subjective concept, even if it attempts to describe the objective.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

sleeper Guest

Are you asking about reality, perception, conscious-awareness, maya(illusion) or all of it?

In my worldview, it is the subtlety of our perceptive abilities that determines the power of our faculties in correctly seeing and interpreting what we see of the world. In other words, it requires skill that comes from practice.

I edited my post

sleeper Guest

Quote Originally Posted by D.O. View Post
    I edited my post
    why did you edit it?