Thread: dreams with dreams - your input welcomed

dreams with dreams - your input welcomed

im writing this having just woken up so please forgive any poor spellings/grammar

background - i had returned from work this morning (after night shift) and got into bed and listened to my OBE training cd. the relaxation technique followed by the sleep practice tracks.

As many times before i must have dozed off, when i came to i was able to realise that my body must be really relaxed as i hadnt moved in my sleep so i thought 'try not to move and to see if i could exit'.

no success as my mind seemed to quickly root me back in my body and all i wanted to do was move. so i removed headphones turned over and went to sleep.

during this sleep i had a dream like i have never experienced with such intensity

i would wake up from the dream and think i was in my room i would have my 'full awareness' only to notice something out of place after a period of time such as

1)a TV - i dont have one in my room

2)my girlfriend brought me the mail and it was three books - i am waiting on delivery of one book and my girlfriend is actually at work

3)my dog came in and i thought she looked a little odd as she picked up my keyring and started to play with them in her paws like a human would swinging them round on her claw - plus my keys and dog are downstairs

with each noticing of the 'out of place' the room would take on a pixelated quality as would my body and i could feel it start to collapse with a real intense feeling of energy in my heart or solar plexus

this would ease and i would find myself in my room until i spotted the 'out of place' and the energy would surge, until i was in my room again, and so it continued. but each time the transition from the collapse of one room to being in another was getting stronger and stronger

i remember in the dream starting to feel a little anxious as i thought that what if i couldnt get back? am i now trapped?.

now skipping to the end, i was in my room and i knew very quickly it wasnt 'real' and by now i had had enough,

when this room collpased i felt real intense pain in my jaw and teeth - my jaw was locked and all my teeth felt like they were being twisted in there sockets. from here i remember being surrounded by light as my room slowly began to materialise - i was now awake

looking back as i write this im thinking why did i want it to end? why didnt i try an exit technique? as of now i dont know.

im a little concerned by the pain i felt - has this hapened to anyone else?

is the 'pixalation' transition common? - one thing i can say is that my body and the room felt as one during the collapse in that i could see my body was part of the room not actually a part of me.

is there a way of easing oneself from out of a dream pattern like this once its felt to have gone on long enough?

any light shed on this would be gratefully received.

sleeper Guest

Re: dreams with dreams - your input welcomed

was it actually painful? how much so?

i ask because many energy sensations are extreme and if you were on the brink of projecting, your throat would have been active energetically and may have put a new workload on your jaw area, hence the intense pressure that would actually be energetic but would feel visceral, so to speak.

do you still have your teeth? if so, it was probably energy workload. if you don't panic, then there's typically no pain.

Hi Sleeper.

At the time it was painful, more so my teeth. I think the jaw was painful as I was struggling to open it but it was locked. The more i think about it the pain was more a very intense vibration as aposed to the twisting as i had previosly described it. As for the degree of pain im pretty certain i was trying to scream because of it (not very heroic i know). What you say makes perfect sense it was energetic and i was fighting against it.

next time i will just try ride the wave so to speak, i think i was becoming a little concerned due to the fact that i kept thinking i was awake only for it to turn out to be another aspect of the dream, if the location for the dream hadnt been my room in which i was actually sleeping i may (not definately) have been able to explore a little more.

thanks for the reply

p.s. i do still have my teeth - although i did check when i woke up

sleeper Guest

there's a lot of energy sensations but i am familiar with the influx of more energy than an area of the body can handle. when i enter samadhi after a long period of not meditating, there is a brief period beforehand where i feel as if i am being crushed in a vice. my forearms especially feel like they are under an enormous load. it doesn't hurt per se but i see how someone could panic if they didn't recognize the phenomenon.

~dale

Blog Entries

Hello, dexstar.

Quote Originally Posted by dexstar View Post
    is the 'pixalation' transition common?
    I remember someone telling me something similar about out-of-body vision.

What you experienced was probably some sort of OBE training simulation. Here you seem to train the ability to pick up on lucidity clues and become lucid.

A simulation according to Kurt Leland (and originally Robert Monroe) is an environment set up by helper entities. It often also comes with several limitations to your range of motion or abilities of your energy body you have access to.

It seems to me like every time you spotted the key to lucidity hidden in the simulation the simulation reset. This might have happened because the purpose of the simulation was providing an environment for spotting these hints, and staying lucid might have aborted the whole simulation altogether. Resetting a simulation also interacts with your state of consciousness, that might have been the strong energy sensations you felt.

The impact on the heart and solarplexus areas might indicate blocks in your energy body in these areas. Blocks are usually the first sensations triggered by energy surges.

i remember in the dream starting to feel a little anxious as i thought that what if i couldnt get back? am i now trapped?.

now skipping to the end, i was in my room and i knew very quickly it wasnt 'real' and by now i had had enough,
    The senses of the energy body can often detect the limitations present in a simulation environment. If you can "spot the symptoms" without being able to "spot the cause" you may develop feelings of anxiety or suspicion. The originator of the simulation is not seen but can be sensed at times. Anxiety could be a response to the sense of limitation inherent in a simulation.

Cheers,
    Oliver

Blog Entries

I have had the pixellation effect when I phase- sometimes it results in an exit, sometimes it just goes away.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Thanks for the information, really fascinating

The impact on the heart and solarplexus areas might indicate blocks in your energy body in these areas
    What would be the best way to iron out these blockages?

currently i use the 'energy bounce' as part of the relaxation technique in the MAP CD set, but i do find it easier to 'bounce' the legs and arms rather than the spine or body area.

Blog Entries

Hello, dexstar.

The energy body you experience during energy work is usually the etheric body, the energy field of your physical body. The energy body you typically experience at night during dreams and dream-like experience is usually the astral body - the body of feeling, sensation and emotion. Working on your chakras during an energy work session doesn't necessarily affect your astral body.

Since the astral body is the body you experience dreams in, doing affirmations before going to sleep might be helpful. Declare your intention to work on issues blocking energy flow in your dreams. You could start recording and interpreting your dreams. Take up a meditation practice. Some people also find therapy helpful (it's the emotional body, after all). A lot of spiritual practices are aimed at reestablishing flow in the astral body.

Cheers,
    Oliver

Thanks Oliver

I had just started a dream journal at the same time as joining the forum, i have been through therapy and also have a certificate in counselling. (maybe time to go back over my notes)

I will do the affirmations , i tended to listen to the pre records on the MAP CD but now will speak them personally

I will also practice meditation more regularly

Thanks you again for the help

Most appreciated