Thread: Psychic Hygeine for the home

Psychic Hygeine for the home

Hi Guys, I am moving into a new condo soon - it kind of feels like a new positive beginning and I am really looking forward to it. I am going to start by giving the place a good physical clean and getting some new door locks fitted.

After that I would like to do the same in spritually and give it a good spring clean energetically, to clear out any debris from the previous tenant and owner maybe do some sort of blessing ceremony to state that only good energy may enter or raise the vibration - and some proper counter measures to stop or minimise negative energy from entering my home either from neighbours or brought back by me preferably a physical symbol or object rather than a ritual that would have to be performed daily or weekly.

Any advice you have would be great as I am quite new to all this stuff. I heard washing the floor with salt works well?

Whipple

Re: Psychic Hygeine for the home

i've heard a lot of people get good results smudging with white sage.

Quote Originally Posted by whipple View Post
    After that I would like to do the same in spritually and give it a good spring clean energetically, to clear out any debris from the previous tenant and owner maybe do some sort of blessing ceremony to state that only good energy may enter or raise the vibration
    Something I do sometimes is walk the boundaries of my house and garden and while doing so projecting "self" to flush the nooks and crannies. While doing so have it in mind to include the likes of floor space and wall cavities. I have a wooded area in my garden that had become very tangled and I recently cleared it out physically and noted an immediate cleansing, with repeated "walk and flushes" it is increasingly cleaner in the subtle context.
    In both the garden and house I have traditionally found that areas that are left to themselves say for storage can become haunts of dross especially if also where water waste may journey so those areas are also worth a flush in the psychic sense also.
    Mick

Blog Entries

In feng shui practices, ringing a bell or even banging a drum throughout the house is said to clear the energy. You can use crystals or a bagua mirror to deflect negative energies. Do some research if you use the latter methods because placement is determined by a number of things, including the impact on neighbours and the flying stars for the year. Plants at the door can also be a good way to absorb and transform negative energies but avoid spiky ones (even though they can be good in stagnant corners). Fu dogs can also be good as guardians. I have some and one even grew and came to life in one of my dreams for the purposes of instructing me in their use, I believe.

Salt is traditionally used for cleansing but I wonder if you'll end up having to clean up residue if you mop with salt water. Incense or a smudge, as Psionicx pointed out, are also acceptable methods.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Thanks guys, first things first I will start with a good bang and a smoke, I have some sandalwood incense (can't find any white sage in Bangkok) and some pots and pans.

I just googled fu dogs, now I know what they are I see them in a lot of places in Bangkok, at the entrance to shopping malls etc but didn't really give them a thought before. Bagua mirror sounds just what I was looking for but I am concerned I might deflect stuff on to my neighbours.

Quote Originally Posted by mick View Post
    projecting "self" to flush the nooks and crannies.
    Do you mean like an affirmation "I clear this room of negative energy"...etc?

Blog Entries

Thanks guys, first things first I will start with a good bang and a smoke,
    Ah there's nothing like a good bang...
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

nothing like it indeed

Quote Originally Posted by whipple View Post

Do you mean like an affirmation "I clear this room of negative energy"...etc?
    Yes, that sort of thing although I would call it intent to make the space mine, not to say it would not be shared but only willingly with somewhat like minds. Supportive rather then exploitive, that sort of thing. I would also project myself, extend out if that conveys it better to leave signs of that intent.
    Mick