Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Solar Plexus- Controversy?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

The Solar Plexus- Controversy?

Well, it's not really controversial, and I'm sure a lot of learned folks have an explanation for this (I actually found a possible explanation for it, but there wouldn't be a reason to write this post, and I wanted to ask the more experienced or learned mystics in the forum about this.

Ever since I was young and took martial arts (and biology, and later physiology, etc.) I was taught that the solar plexus is about a few inches south of your chest- from that point where the ribs get together (the sternum), or two inches below (more or less) to just above the navel- a triangular spot in your upper belly.
    I have always known this to be the Solar plexus.

So I was surprised to read (in a book about pathworking from a well-known author who will remain nameless) that he described the Solar Plexus as the 'point of balance of the body', around or a little bit above the hips. This to me sounded like the Hara, or Earth Stone- so I figured that this author was confused, the publisher was confused, someone was confused) and ignored that detail and concentrated on other parts of the book.

Until yesterday, when I read yet another book that described the Solar Plexus as 'the center of the body, just a little above the hips'- an almost identical description of the first instance that I read this other location for the solar plexus. Both authors are of the Western tradition, one a Gurdijeff graduate,
    I searched the internet for instances in which this other location is indicated as the Solar Plexus, and found:
    Biological Solar plexus
    Solar plexus chakra As a standard
    And,
    Solar plexus as the hara http://1stholistic.com/meditation/ho...-breathing.htm
    Hara as containing the solar plexus chakra http://reikihelp.com/blog/2010/06/hara/

So my question is, is this a cultural thing? What is the criteria in which the Solar Plexus is considered to be in the Hara or in the south part of the Hara?

Does anyone here have an alternate or clear reason why there are two reported places where the Solar Plexus is supposed to be?
    I'm really curious about this.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Re: The Solar Plexus- Controversy?

This is a very interesting topic, thanks for bringing it up

Just a quick reply, i haven't really looked into all the links you gave yet

I always believed that the solar plexus was higher up, just under the ribs too, but interestingly i don't actually feel an energy center in that position for myself. I have the sacral chakra, then i have a large chakra / or energy center in my stomach, my belly-button being more or less the center place of this chakra. After this i have my heart chakra, but never feel, or have ever felt an energy center or energy in the traditional solar plexus place, just under the ribs.

I am not clairvoyant, so cannot see my charkras (only occasionally have i seen energy vortexing in a chakra like fashion into my body) so i am talking about my experience with energy sensation/s here.

Interesting though....
    " the core of spirituality is to optimize your personal evolution" ~ Robert Bruce

Blog Entries

When I get very angry or unpleasantly surprised I do feel it in the 'traditional' solar plexus chakra- as if someone had punched me there. I'm not clairvoyant either, but I feel power (or rather when my power is challenged) there.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    When I get very angry or unpleasantly surprised I do feel it in the 'traditional' solar plexus chakra- as if someone had punched me there. I'm not clairvoyant either, but I feel power (or rather when my power is challenged) there.
    Interesting thread, and FWIW -- I do as well (feel that reaction in that area)...
    Be well,
    Kimberely
    @ unshakablesoul

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs.
    Ask yourself what makes you come alive
    and then go do that. Because what the
    world needs is people who have come alive."
    - H. Thurman

Press on, regardless.
    - C. Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by kimberely View Post
    Originally Posted by CFTraveler "When I get very angry or unpleasantly surprised I do feel it in the 'traditional' solar plexus chakra- as if someone had punched me there. I'm not clairvoyant either, but I feel power (or rather when my power is challenged) there."
    Interesting thread, and FWIW -- I do as well (feel that reaction in that area)...
    For me, anger manifests in the Throat chakra! I feel almost everything negative first there, and it's not just Anger, but also Sadness, Grief, Aesthetic Melancholy and Self-Pity ... up to complete Depression.

In my country, we also have the fitting idiom 'auf jemand einen dicken Hals haben', which means 'to be mad at / angry with s.o.' but it literally translates into English as 'to have a thick throat (or neck) towards / at someone'. For me this describes it perfectly. Btw, it is also used without the adjective dicken (thick), but with the same meaning.
    This collector of useless clutter.

Quote Originally Posted by Volgerle View Post
    For me, anger manifests in the Throat chakra! I feel almost everything negative first there, and it's not just Anger, but also Sadness, Grief, Aesthetic Melancholy and Self-Pity ... up to complete Depression.

In my country, we also have the fitting idiom 'auf jemand einen dicken Hals haben', which means 'to be mad at / angry with s.o.' but it literally translates into English as 'to have a thick throat (or neck) towards / at someone'. For me this describes it perfectly. Btw, it is also used without the adjective dicken (thick), but with the same meaning.
    This is an interesting statement, I have a kind of opposite effect on my throat chakra. In the shamanic tradition, this may indicated throat chakra trauma. One needs to be careful to work slowly on this area as lots of people have this. This trauma usually has to do with karmic traces left behind in your past both in your current life as well as for previous lives that you have lived. In my case if something is affecting my throat chakra a feel a very uncomfortable choking sensation. Sometimes I swallow constantly.
    "We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience" ~Chardin~

Quote Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post
    This is an interesting statement, I have a kind of opposite effect on my throat chakra. In the shamanic tradition, this may indicated throat chakra trauma. One needs to be careful to work slowly on this area as lots of people have this. This trauma usually has to do with karmic traces left behind in your past both in your current life as well as for previous lives that you have lived. In my case if something is affecting my throat chakra a feel a very uncomfortable choking sensation. Sometimes I swallow constantly.
    Hi Archimedes, what would be your way of dealing with / working on the throat chakra problems then? I did not find a lot on the internet on the phenomenon of 'throat chakra trauma' in shamanism. Do you have any links or and info on this, too? Many thanks and Cheers, V.
    This collector of useless clutter.

Great topic here

: )
    "We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience" ~Chardin~

sleeper Guest

hmm this is interesting.

i'm going to follow this thread with great anticipation!

Blog Entries

Ah, so for you CFT, there is a energy center just under your rib cage, interesting....

I wonder why i don't feel anything in that spot then.... hmmm....

When i get heart chakra energy stuff, it is a very wide circle of energy, so i guess, it could be incorporating this energy center aswell then. I do often times get an inner tremble / vibration, so i supose, i couldn't rule out that it may be from or with this energy center also.

But i am definately not aware of this energy center in and of it's own right....

Me too, Sleeper, fun eh.....?
    " the core of spirituality is to optimize your personal evolution" ~ Robert Bruce