Thread: Was this an OBE or LD? (shadow crature)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Was this an OBE or LD? (shadow crature)

Hi, I'm writing about an experience I had about 4 years ago that I'm still confused about, and if possible I'd like some opinions on it.

One time when I was trying to have a wake-induced lucid dream (I've been having lucid dreams since I was born so I'm fairly experienced), I concentrated on the ringing in my ears and let the vibrations pull me into the "dream world". I was thinking of somewhere fun to go in my lucid dream, but I couldn't concentrate because it felt like there was a heavy weight on my chest. I opened my "dream eyes" and I was in my bed and there was a shadowy figure crushing my ribs. I could actually feel my ribs grinding together and bending so I forced myself to wake up. I woke up but kept myself still and I induced another WILD that produced the exact same dream. When I woke up from the 2nd one, I once again remained still to keep my body asleep and try WILD again. I figured the exact same thing couldn't happen the 3rd time, but it did.

The shadow figure kept showed up every now and then in false awakenings and WILDs for loosely a month, until one time it suddenly disappeared in the middle of tormenting me. The creature was moving all over my body and creating intense vibrations, but then it just dissipated. I looked up toward my doorway and there was a lady standing in my doorway facing away from me. As she was turning around, I expected her face to be really mangled and scary (and usually when I expect things that way in a lucid dream they come true) but to my surprise she looked normal. The fact that she didn't look like I feared she would made this experience feel different than a lucid dream. She then said something to me but I couldn't make out what she was saying, then I woke up. After that, I never had a dream about that shadow figure again.

This happened before I knew anything about astral projection, so at the time I passed it off as a lucid nightmare (which I had never really had before since I usually have no trouble defeating evil dream characters). Is it possible that I was actually in the astral plane and that the shadowy figure was an astral being? And that the lady I saw was an angel or spirit guide who got rid of the shadow creature?

Although it still felt like I was in my body, I believe I was seeing the astral plane since I couldn't affect what was happening using power of suggestion like I usually can in lucid dreams.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: After reading a bit around the forums, I think this might be a Dweller on the Threshold
    Last edited by CRW3; 15th September 2011 at 05:02 PM.