Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Supplements and Projection

In a dream, somewhere finding my way home

Supplements and Projection

I notice there's not much coverage in Robert's book on using supplements during the projection process. I realize they're not at all necessary and shouldn't be used as a crutch.

I'm not sure if anyone has any advice here, but I've found that Theanine Serene is very helpful in bringing about deep physical and mental relaxation without making me tired or unfocused. In fact, L-Theanine, the primary ingredient, seems promising in the whole area since it induces relaxed brain states without the tired factor. Just my experience.

Note that I'm not endorsing any product here, only relating what I've found helpful. Also, I may very well be going over old ground, my apologies if so. Ashwagandha seems helpful as well, but I'm really not sure at what dose, still experimenting.

Hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend.

I've removed your link because you have under twenty posts - a rule to limit spam. This is a forum where you really do need to read the rules. Please do so. (Beekeeper).
    Last edited by Beekeeper; 23rd September 2011 at 05:18 AM.
    Know Thyself

Blog Entries

Re: Supplements and Projection

So Theanine can be found in regular tea? In that case, which tea is best suited? We have alot of tea at home so i guess i can try your method if regular tea works

"supplements" i just LOVE that word

Yeah, I wouldn't go that route. It takes a LOT of tea to get enough L-Theanine in you, and by the time you've loaded up you're peeing and spun from caffeine, not exactly conducive for meditative trance states. I recommend getting it in supplement form. I take a ton and find it helps, but never to be treated as a shortcut or crutch.

I threw "supplement" out there for psionickx, as it seems we have a mutual love for a fantastic word. Ahem.
    Know Thyself

Blog Entries

Oh alright, well in that case im not sure i would take the substance Thanks for the info anyways!

6. Re: Supplements and Projection

Thanks for the info' regarding this supplement,I have never heard of it,so I will have to do some research on it.

How much are you supposed to take?

I guess for relaxing the muscles Calcium & Magnesium would be a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSail View Post

I've removed your link because you have under twenty posts - a rule to limit spam. This is a forum where you really do need to read the rules. Please do so. (Beekeeper).
    My apologies to all. I didn't think a link to Wikipedia, which is an objective source of information, and does endorse products or ideas per se, would fit the spam bill. I will make sure to go back and revisit the rules, however.

Thanks
    Know Thyself

Hi Markinsydney,

L-Theanine is very safe, I've taken large doses of it without any negative impact. Do some reading, I can't post links here yet as I don't have 20 posts under my belt. But, starting doses are around 200mg. I've gone up to over 1000, but everyone is different, play it safe, start with the absolute lowest you can and go from there.

And yes, Calcium and Magnesium are essential. In fact, without an adequate amount of magnesium in the system, there is simply no such thing as true muscular relaxation since mag is a calcium channel blocker, the mineral responsible for relax spectrum of the contract/relax cycle. And most people have no idea how deficient they are in magnesium until they begin supplementing and realize how many unwanted physical problems naturally resolve.

Take care.
    Know Thyself

Blog Entries

So just to clarify here, does L-Theanine make you physically relaxed yet mentally alert? Or perhaps a better question is, how does it feel for you to take L-Theanine SoulSail?

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusTraveler View Post
    So just to clarify here, does L-Theanine make you physically relaxed yet mentally alert? Or perhaps a better question is, how does it feel for you to take L-Theanine SoulSail?
    L-Theanine helps me relax both physically and mentally without becoming drowsy--similar to the desired end state of mindfulness meditation. I need to clarify that, of course, a supplement isn't going to stop inner-dialogue. That's work we all must strive for and can't be short circuited, but when a supplement helps drop me into a meditative or trance state in half the time it usually takes...yeah, I'm all for that. I still have to focus my thoughts once there, still have to do the work, but I arrive in better shape for the work. Here's a bit more on L-Theanine:

"Research on human volunteers has demonstrated that L-theanine creates a sense of relaxation in approximately 30-40 minutes after ingestion via at least two different mechanisms. First, this amino acid directly stimulates the production of alpha brain waves, creating a state of deep relaxation and mental alertness similar to what is achieved through meditation. Second, L-theanine is involved in the formation of the inhibitory neurotransmitter, gamma amino butyric acid (GABA). GABA influences the levels of two other neurotransmitters, dopamine and serotonin, producing the key relaxation effect." (I'll drop the source in on this later).

I should also add that I'm not suggesting that "faster" is better. Our world is way too focused on getting to things and places quickly. Meditative and trance states shouldn't fall into that category necessarily. However, it's useful for me to get to trance states quicker given how limited my time is as a busy guy, husband, father, writer, and all the other things I do. Make sense?

I recommend you try some L-Theanine and just see if there's any benefit. You can pick some up cheap on Amazon and just give it a spin. Can't hurt. Also, if you're interested, I can recommend other supplements I use routinely to help with physical relaxation and bringing about a consistently positive mood and state. I think I've got a fairly good, safe ♥♥♥♥tail worked out.

Take care...
    Know Thyself

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast