Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
IMO that is only metaphor. The Holy Spirit is also seen as a flaming descending entity, and the symptoms are identical.
The serpent as a negative is a relatively recent addition to the collective unconscious, and since it's context-specific (to the abrahamic religions) I don't think it's as valid as the other possible interpretations- a symbol of fertility (because they dig holes and eat bugs), a symbol of Kundalini in the Indian subcontinent, and as a symbol of deity in most of asia and all precolumbian America.
Pardon the grammar, I'm on my way out and am typing fast.
I was at an art museum just recently looking at an old mayan fertility idol of a woman with two snakes wrapped around her waist

but as for fire i see your point. many things are actually behaving like what we call fire. actually what we consider to be fire or flames is really just heat if I am not mistaken. the properties of fire are usually something along the lines of:

consuming ceaselessly without ever tiring or becoming "full"/ "satisfied"

in this respect the mind itself is very much a fire. Breathing is also like fire (breath is also actually scientifically understood to be a form of combustion). The stomach behaves like fire also.

thanks for the insight but Im still wondering what's going on here. And sorry to hijack your dream thread IA

FIRE FIRE FIRE