Healing is certainly possible. Being in a hospital is not a bad thing in itself. It can indeed be seen as "place of healing."

I had to look up "Alsatian" as I only know it as "German Shepherd." It is a dog that needs to be trained well, that's for sure. If it were to represent an elemental, I would look at its behavior. If it behaves well and is well-trained, it would represent an under-control elemental. If it's out-of-control or aggressive, the opposite.

It could be indeed a hint to an elemental as it appears together with the man. If you go beyond the fear, the impressions you had of the man and the dog can be important. That the dog sits in the spot you were before could have been a demonstration or a sign of affinity.

I detect no sign of an attack in this dream. Fear can arise, both in dreams and physical reality, for a great variety of reasons. A lot of them may have no grounding in that reality - not the facts we observe cause the fear, but the fear within us is triggered by outside events. It is not necessarily reality as we encounter it that is scary, but how we approach it and how we experience it through our perceptual filters.

Fear in a dream might not be directly related to what you see, but what you see might also in some way represent the fear you feel.

About the cat - if it indeed would represent an elemental, you also have to keep in mind that dream symbol exaggerate to make a point. They are sometimes like caricatures so that we easier spot the message. Healing in the nonphysical sense is work to be done. If you can somehow find the courage to work with your emotional nature - be it through therapy, counseling, meditation or other means - greater emotional health is possible.