I can't really offer much, Ia, but you asked me to so I'll say what I can.

Seems to me you are conditioned to expect malevolent intentions, even if a benevolent and kind person/entity has come into your 'space'. I was replying to WhiteMonkey about a laughing wizard which was translated by her as evil. I suggested the laughing Wizard may well be a friend making merry of her shyness. Likewise, if you could do a flip-flop on your expectations you may find a whole new and kinder world out there.

Ok, then that's my two cents....

Love, Richard

A dream segment, afterthought -
Years ago when I was a member of my first 'dream site', I had what was for me a water-shed moment in dream where I was confronted by an assembly of thugs. I knew they were bad news but I had to get through them. When I was just about free of the situation one of them put a knife to my belly. He hid what he was doing from the others and spoke lowly to me about the danger I was in.

I called out to the others of the gang and said, "Hey. This idiot's got a knife at my stomach!" One of the others called out, "(Name) leave the guy alone." My tormentor backed off and I was free to finish my mission to rejoin my 'Princess in the Tower'.

I never again felt fear or threatened by negs/demons - I would cast them aside or out-wit them, but I would win. Often just ignoring them was effective.