Thread: Journey of Souls by Dr Michael Newton

Journey of Souls by Dr Michael Newton

I hope I didn't originally hear of these e-books here(!)& apologise if that's the case - I am so busy & stressed at the moment that anything is possible!
    I downloaded both books ("Destiny of Souls" is the other one) & found them very interesting reading. . .especially as regards the splitting of one's energy. This would explain how one can live separate lives in different dimensions, be greeted by relatives in the astral even after they have reincarnated, etc. . has anyone else read them? I highly recommend . . .

Re: Journey of Souls by Dr Michael Newton

Yes, I read them (even in paper form - old-fashioned me ) and can recommend his work, too.

I also recommend his newest one: "Memories of the Afterlife: Life Between Lives Stories of Personal Transformation" where you find the reports of more than 30 therapists around the world that use his methods (with his commentary only at the end of each chapter) and produce very consistent results.
    This collector of useless clutter.

Blog Entries

I read the one Volgerie mentioned (on paper too) and enjoyed it tremendously. Your recommendation reminds me I plan to read more of his work, Sono. Thanks.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries

I truly enjoyed all three books as well
    Memories of the After-Life felt a little different than the other two but I enjoyed the story-telling and as Volgerle mentionned, it was interesting to see how consistent the mateial from all these different life regressionist therapists was with the material delivered in Journey of Souls and Destiny of Souls.

Blog Entries

I'm currently slowly reading "Memories of the Afterlife", and have found it contains many hidden gems. I think it's highly credible, it vibes well with other things I have taken interest in, and it is a good read.

Blog Entries

I like how he elaborates on the concept of soul age:
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Newton in Journey of Souls
    However, making hasty judgements on a soul's maturity based solely on behavioral
    traits has its pitfalls. The design plan of souls could include holding parts of their
    energy in reserve in some lives. Sometimes a negative trait is selected by an
    otherwise developed soul for special attention in a certain body.
    We have seen how a soul selects the person with whom it wishes to associate in a
    given life. This does not mean that it has absolute control over that body. In extreme
    cases, a fractured personality struggling with internalized conflicts may result in a
    dissociative reaction to reality. I feel that
    this is a sign the soul is not always able to regulate and unify the human mind. I
    have mentioned how souls may become so buried by human emotion in bodies
    which are unstable, that by the time of death they are contaminated spirits. If we
    become obsessed by our physical bodies, or carried along on an emotional roller
    coaster in life, the soul can be subverted by its outer self.
    Many great thinkers in history believed the soul can never be fully homogeneous
    with the human body and that humans have two intellects. I consider human ideas
    and imagination as emanating from the soul, which provides a catalyst for the
    human brain. How much reasoning power we would have without souls is
    impossible to know, but I feel that the attachment of souls to humans supplies us
    with insight and abstract thought. I view the soul as offering humans a qualitative
    reality, subject to conditions of heredity and environment.
    If it is true that every human brain has a host of biological characteristics, including
    raw intelligence and the facility for invention, which are separate from the soul,
    then choosing our body raises an important question. Do souls choose bodies whose
    intellectual capabilities match their own development? For instance, are advanced
    souls drawn to human brains with high intelligence? In looking at the scholastic and
    academic achievements of my clients, I find there is no more correlation here than
    with an immature soul being inclined to bodies with lower intellectual aptitudes.
    The philosopher Kant wrote that the human brain is only a function of
    consciousness, not the source of real knowledge. Regardless of body choice, I find
    souls do demonstrate their individualism through the human mind. A person may
    be highly intelligent and yet have a closed attitude about adjusting to new situations,
    with little curiosity about the world. This indicates a beginner soul to me. If I see
    someone with an evenness of mood, whose interests and abilities are solidly in focus
    and directed toward helping human progress, I suspect an advanced soul at work.
    These are souls who seek personal truths beyond the demands of ego.
    Williams)

Blog Entries

How much reasoning power we would have without souls is
    impossible to know, but I feel that the attachment of souls to humans supplies us
    with insight and abstract thought.
    I like this statement. When reading "Guns, Germs and Steel" by Jared Diamond I again came over the fact that 40,000 to 50,000 years ago a strong change befell our ancestors, the birth of human culture. It is scientifically unexplained, but I think the quantum leap was the final step in full ensoulment with human souls.

I think this was the point in human evolution when the creative genius held within the human soul, the Higher Self itself, was first more strongly integrated with the biological form itself.

Blog Entries

He concludes JOS with his belief in the possibility that "God" while a highly advanced being, is not yet a perfected being but probably the offspring of one. That's where we come into it. Each of us perfects ourselves over lifetimes in order to reunite with the creator who advances as we do. I wonder if so called"shifts" occur when a certain number of souls are perfected?
    Williams)

Blog Entries

I found a highly interesting book a few days ago, it's called "The Case For Reincarnation" by J. Allen Danelek. It seems to be really interesting compendium of one man's research about the nature of soul and reincarnation that nicely wraps what I've read and is very similar to my own conclusions. It makes interesting reading material, also his thoughts about what God might be or why we reincarnate, how the process works and what it is for, etc. It's point is not to prove reincarnation but to look for the purpose and mechanisms thereof.

It might shed additional light on what you're wondering about. It's a bit too logical for my taste at times, but it's a very interesting read.

Blog Entries

Must check it out then.

Brain Weiss is good too. I read one of his, "Same Soul, Many Bodies," I think - can't find it on my shelf so I've lent it out and it never came back - which I felt really showed the complex working of karma is a very illuminating way.
    Williams)