Thread: Odd breathing during trance states.

In a dream, somewhere finding my way home

Odd breathing during trance states.

I've managed to get myself into meditative and then trance states fairly quickly following MAP. But I've run into a strange spot lately: my breathing hits a point where it feels heavy and somehow my lungs and point of breath feel "below" me, if that makes sense. It's as if I've gone into sleep mode physically, but I get a sensation as if I'm not getting enough oxygen, which pops my mind up and back out of the trance state as I try to control the flow of air in.

I thought perhaps I was having apnea, so I adjusted my resting angle, getting to 35 degrees or a bit more, but the same thing happens. I think all my pipes are open. Is this common, or better yet, what have others found helpful in this situation?

Thank you...
    Know Thyself

Blog Entries

Re: Odd breathing during trance states.

It's never happened to me.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

IA56 Guest

It has happend to me for several year´s ago and I did find this a test of faith....so when I did trust that I did get enough of oxygen and I dared to be in this "grasping for oxygen" state and had total trust all is well it vanisched and it has not come back again...It was like this for me.

Love

In a dream, somewhere finding my way home

Thanks IA56,

That makes sense as the feeling is more of a dissociation worry rather than a reality. If I go with the low oxygen sense, I realize I'm not actually suffocating, just entering another state where my body doesn't need to breath so deeply. And yes, faith makes all the difference. Appreciate your reply...Soul
    Know Thyself

Not to revive an old thread, but I've had this happen to me many times! Did you ever manage to find a solution at all?