Thread: "Feeling" energy from outside things

"Feeling" energy from outside things

I've done NEW off and on for a couple or so years now. I am getting better at moving energy around. It has been a concentrated effort -- I was no natural at it.

Now I am feeling different sensations just within the last couple of days. The first would be hard to explain, but I'll just say I was feeling energy being concentrated toward my body in a way I hadn't before. The second example is that today I sat down at my laptop (it is on a 1" thick wood dining room table) and seem to feel energy from the bottom of it going down into the top of my thighs. Like radiation -- it actually feels a bit like when you sit in the sun and know you are getting a sunburn.

When I get up, it lasts a few minutes, then goes away.

I moved the laptop farther away from me, and now I feel it more on the tops of my knees.

It's really common for me to 'live in my head', so actually feeling these types of sensations is a completely new thing for me. Is it possible to shield myself from this? This has the potential to make me a little crazy if I'm feeling this sort of thing all thing all the time. But I don't need it to go away completely, just learn to deal with it.

Suggestions here?

Re: "Feeling" energy from outside things

Hi there,

I am no natural either. I cant really help you here, but i wanted to say that ive been feeling a lot more since i started new. For me its more like feeling the abscence of ground under me when im on a bridge, or feeling the energy in batteries, that sort of thing. In your case, you might wanna try to focus a bit more on grounding. Dont know if it helps, but its worth trying.

Greetings,
    Randy

Blog Entries

FWIW, this happens to me off and on, it's not something that happens all the time. I think the grounding idea is a good one, btw.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

I took a short nap this afternoon -- I started off thinking about standing on a very large magnet or some type of heavy ore attached to the earth all the way to the core. Then I thought about the magnet pulling out all the weird energy I was feeling. That seemed to help things -- until I got up and got on the computer again - LOL!

What is 'NEW' that I keep reading about? Some kind of energy work book?
    Just like us, even the Masters had to take the first step.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AstralCB View Post
    What is 'NEW' that I keep reading about? Some kind of energy work book?
    This: http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/content.php?130-new-energy-ways

A
    nd this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTLCd...eature=related
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Thank you kindly for the links.
    Just like us, even the Masters had to take the first step.

Could it just be how your thighs react to sitting? Have you tried sitting down without the laptop and observing the energetic reactions of your legs?

Re: "Feeling" energy from outside things/sans computer

Yes, I have tried sitting without the computer, and unless it is within a 'halo' period (about 20 or 30 minutes after using the computer), I do not have that sensation.

Since I originally posted, I've begun having different sensations on occasion -- that of feeling like I've been plugged into an electrical outlet...I feel sort of an electrical surge then continual tingle from my feet up to about my hips. Gradually it rises to my waist, then almost to my shoulders over the next hour or so. It is something that really seems to demand attention, and I cannot ignore it when it reaches this point.

I've tried a few different grounding techniques, and they have helped, eventually.

After some research online, I've found that some people with fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue and MS have reported symptoms like this. I have CFS, so it is possible that it is a nerve problem, rather than energy run amok. But as grounding exercises help, I am going to continue to work with it.

Re: "Feeling" energy from outside things/sans computer

P.S. Forgot to mention -- I can instigate a similar feeling when I do energy work, so that is why I tend to rule out this being a symptom of a medical condition.