Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sooooo Close after Yoga

In a dream, somewhere finding my way home

Sooooo Close after Yoga

After a long run of partial exits and increasingly lower vibrations, exit cues, etc...I think I just made a wonderful personal discovery I'll be adding to my routine going forward: yoga.

I took my first yoga class last night after taking a year off. We didn't really push too hard, just lots of core stretches, centering, and balancing stuff.

Today, working up in my meditation room, I began to grow tired and so I sat in the chair I use for practicing exits. Within five minutes I experienced a heart chakra strobe like I've never had, very powerful and lasting for at least 2 to 3 minutes followed by a brow chakra strobe. Full body vibrations where before I had them localized. I wasn't planning on doing an exit attempt, so I had crawled into my chair with headphones on and Eckhart Tolle's book on, so he was talking the whole way through, which I think made separation impossible since it was a strong point of physical/mental contact grounding me to my body. Ugh. I really think this would've been my long awaited exit had I done this right.

However, the bigger picture here is that I believe the yoga I did last night must've kicked something into gear. Nothing else has changed in my routine. As I write this I'm still cold and can barely focus my eyes.

Soooo close.

Yoga is going in the arsenal.

Have a great weekend all,

Soul
    Know Thyself

Blog Entries

Re: Sooooo Close after Yoga

Congrats Soul.
    I don't think of it as a missed opportunity, just an opportunity to study your conscious states. Very nice.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

It's probably the combination of the yoga with all the other stuff - including the Tolle book.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Thank you Soulsail, I have also had a hunch that yoga / energy work is really support the practice for many people. I have also decided that a kind of yoga (in my case chi gong) is in my toolbox. Thanks for confirming this.

Kind regards
    Johnny

Blog Entries

Your awareness has increased, probably because you "excersized", relaxed somewhat, and "tranced" for a few moments.
    Grant

Hello group,

Thanks for your feedback and insights. After giving this some thought and a little distance, I see a couple things worth pointing out:

1. Yes, exercise in general is clearly good for the energy body, but in doing yoga I believe we can go a level deeper than say, 20 minutes on the treadmill. I don't know this, but after some reading it's not uncommon to get chakras fired up during yogic postures. The whole idea of Kundalini yoga seems to confirm this. So I still think the yoga cleared a blockage or simply got my primary centers aligned a bit more. But In the immortal words of Carl Saga: I could be wrong.

2. Now I also think there was a perfect confluence of events at the same time. I had been doing energy work several days in a row before this and making sure to get some sleep (I'm a raging insomniac, writing this on no more than 30 minutes of sleep from last night).

3. Cookies. Yes, I think I ate too many cookies and got the sugar coma going and so I got super tired super fast. I crawled into my chair and that was that. Of course, I'm being silly here. But it never hurts to have something get you uber tired in the middle of the day when energy levels are good.

4. And that's my final point: I've found that practicing exits at night is almost totally futile. I seldom have the energy left or the will, quite honestly, to sit and focus until the relaxation point crosses the trance point and all that business.

I am going to continue with the yoga, but also plan my exists on weekend afternoons, right about nap time. No more pushing for an exit every chance I get. It's just too much work.

Cheers,

Soul
    Know Thyself

Blog Entries

I agree with many of your points- I practice (or try to, when I have time) Kundalini Yoga and enjoy it very much.
    I also only attempt once or twice a week (although I try to meditate/practice more than that- every day if possible) and do my attempts early in the morning.
    And, (I had to say it)

Cooooooookies!
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    And, (I had to say it)

Cooooooookies!
    Yeah, I'm so pathetic when Mint JoJos come in the house. Oreos with little bits of candy cane in them. Jeez. I probably ate 6 or 7. And like our blue friend above, I stuff them in with wild abandon.

Too funny.
    Know Thyself

Blog Entries

I was meaning the yoga as exercise. I am taking a Kundalini meditation class and it helps me "see" into the astral plane.
    I have had most projections during the early evening or quiet afternoons. At night, as you say, there is little energy left and all I get practice at is getting so relaxed and falling asleep!
    Grant

Quote Originally Posted by GRANT View Post
    ...I am taking a Kundalini meditation class and it helps me "see" into the astral plane.
    Hey Grant,

Can you please hook me up with any information you have on Kundalini meditation? I've been practicing Vipassana for a long time, but honestly, I'd like to mix it up and Kundalini meditation sounds interesting. I realize I could Google it, but I'd rather get the opinion of someone that's doing it before I rifle the world's biggest trash can.

Thanks for your help.

And yes, you nailed it...no more late night exit attempts. Afternoon or early evening at the latest. I realize now, at least from one angle, why I've been having such a hard time--not enough movement and ALL my attempts have been after I get my son to bed, get work finished, and slink off to my meditation room with the last stitch of energy I have trailing behind, which just isn't going to do it.

As the dervishes say: turn a key, door opens.
    Know Thyself

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast