Thread: OBE without sleep paralysis?

Blog Entries

OBE without sleep paralysis?

A couple of weeks ago I woke up in the early morning with my body slightly tingling and with a buzzing sound in my ears/head. I thought "Well now, I have read all about this... wonder what will happen" and decided to just go with the flow as I'v read. As I heard the buzzing sound change I felt myself flowing out of my body (the torso only) but a second after that I was back in my physical body. A couple of seconds after that i felt (very very slightly) that my legs flew away from me, my astral legs that is, and it went very fast. The buzzing sound stopped and the tingling feeling went away and I was fully awake and very happy about the whole thing even though I did'nt get to experience more than some OBE related symptoms.

But one thing have puzzled me, and that is that this happened as I woke up, and not when I fell asleep. I understand that this can happen but it feels as if my astral body left my phyical body and then it must have had quite a short trip because I was fully awake only a few seconds after it parted. So i am puzzled by that this happend from the time i was asleep to that I was fully awake.
    I thought it only could happen like this: 1. In Sleep - 2. awakening - 3. falling asleep (OBE symptoms, before fully asleep).

Further more I had no sleep paralasis at all, and I was actually thinking about moving or if I could move, but did'nt want to offcource. But i know for sure that I could If I wanted to. As I tried to focus my mind on just beeing silent and go with the flow I separated. So it seems like I did it alright but I, A) - Don't remember the OBE experience or, B) - I somehow was to awake even though my astral body separated.

What are your thoughts on this?

Regards //Linus

Blog Entries

Re: OBE without sleep paralysis?

Most people OBE when they are paralyzed (that is, when they are so deep in the trance that paralysis ensues- Robert calls this 'waking paralysis', I call it Deep Trance or Mind Awake Body Asleep) but the idea that you have to go to sleep first, then wake up (paralyzed) and then project is.... sooo wrong. This is because when people wake up paralyzed from sleeping they are usually not lucid and still in 'dreaming' mode- and that is when the bad experiences happen with dwellers and hags and panic. A lot to overcome.

Most people project when they are paralyzed, but not in sleep paralysis- when they're going 'into' the paralysis or are already into it, before the deep sleep sets in. This is because it is difficult for people who are beginning to project to 'accept' leaving the body while alive, (psychologically) and it is easier to do if your body is paralyzed.

The thing is, that when you get more and more experience with separation without dying ( ), then your subconscious accepts this as ok and the next series of 'barriers' get transcended- first, projecting with bilocation, and then projecting without paralysis. That is, you can project while in a light trance before paralysis sets in. This is actually difficult (because working an exit technique without moving your physical body requires practice and self-control).

So yes, it does happen, and even if you are 'starting out' with conscious projection it may happen, especially if you have been working with subconscious reprogramming (such as affirmations) and some of those built-in barriers are being taken down.

ps. I don't mean to say that wake back to bed doesn't work- it does, provided you get up and go back to bed, changing the cycle you're in- I do it all the time, but that's not sleep paralysis.

Cheers,
    CF.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.