Hello everyone!

I was meditating a little while ago (a form of Vipassana meditation). I was about 40 minutes or so into my meditation and I started hearing music. It was very quiet at first but I could make out a pattern that was repeating over and over. If I had to guess the instrument that was making the sound, I would say it was closest to a Harp (oddly enough). This went on for about 3 to 5 minutes and I finally set my mind on the music. It got louder when I did this( but not a lot louder). The song (or part of a song) seemed much more beautiful when it got a bit louder as I could hear it better.

When I first heard the music I briefly tried to rationalize it. However no one else was home (which is one reason I chose to meditate at this time) so that ruled out anyone playing on the keyboard downstairs. The other brief thought was someone outside blasting some form of music. However it's 35 degrees here and none of our neighbors do that kind of thing, even in the summertime. And who would play one part of a song over and over again for 3 to 5 minutes?

After I focused on the music and it got a bit louder (about 30 seconds or so) I thought to myself (yes my meditation was slipping at this point since I started thinking, lol), "I should get up and search around for the source of the music." Right then the music stopped, just as quickly as it started. So after a prayer of thanks for the meditation I got up and searched the house and even outside for a source to the music. As expected, I found nothing that could have possibly made that sound and no one was outside or in their garages even.

So to conclude this, I believe I have heard my first music/sounds from meditation. I have had visions before and even attained a state of bliss for about an hour and a half thanks to meditation, but this is a first for me. I have been dedicating myself to meditation a lot more recently so I am very excited for this to happen, even though I have no idea what it represents.

The only thing I can say is I have been asking my Higher-self to communicate with me more directly. Hopefully this is a beginning to those prayers/requests.