Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hearing music in meditation

Blog Entries

Re: Hearing music in meditation

The Nadi's produce two tone, one each, comprising of the Odic and Actinic nerve current forces. These currents also combine to produce a third composite tone. (I can't remember its name right now)

I suppose that overtones are also produced and, perhaps, some of the tones heard are a mixing of the harmonics of the tones; don't know for sure. If so, there may be some ultrasonic and subsonic tones that are not heard, but still perceived by our body.

Grant

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSail View Post
    It's called Nad, or Nada, I believe, and is a fairly ancient meditation practice. If you focus on the sound of your personal vibration intently, you can usually hear any number of amazing things. And over time, they become clearer, more distinct. Enjoy!
    Interesting that you say this. I quite often find myself prefering to listen to the sound of my vibrations rather than focusing on my breath or something else. In fact I'm pretty sure I was focused on my vibrational sounds when this started to happen. Interesting!
    Just like us, even the Masters had to take the first step.

Blog Entries

You can focus on these tones, they are very good to use when trying to trance; however, they can become quite LOUD, even at time distracting. (for me anyway) The tones are also the pingala and Ida nadis, moreso than the Odic and Atinic.

Grant
    Last edited by GRANT; 13th December 2011 at 05:49 PM. Reason: spelling

Blog Entries

Just meditated and i thouth i heard some distant birds singing. Also heard some beebs and some music. Sounded a bit electronic and a bit tribal. It was only for 3 - 4 seconds but I was really glad I heard it.
    Have no clue as to what it means but I cant help to feel that I'v come a bit further in my meditating. Im trying Vipassana meditation and finding it really hard to keep focus.

In a dream, somewhere finding my way home

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusTraveler View Post
    Im trying Vipassana meditation and finding it really hard to keep focus.
    Hey Sirius,

Keep with it. It took me a solid four months of daily Vipassana before I was able to carve out more than three minutes of pure silent awareness, but the results are more than worth it.

Soul
    Know Thyself

oh my goodnness! i'm so glad i found this thread.
    I've been having different experiences while meditating and hearing music was one of them. When I meditate, I use noise cancelling headphones so i can't hear the cars passing by outside the house (my house is next to the main road) so the music was definitely not from the physical world.
    The first music I heard was a sound of i think a flute...it was amazing. I wondered where the music came from but I listened to it anyway, it went on for i think 7-10 minutes.
    Then on September 20, 2018, it happened again, but I listened to the full song of My Heart Will Go on. The only thing is it wasn't Celine Dion singing the song but someone else and it was only pure voice, no instruments..but the voice was very beautiful! Full of soul and just deep and amazing..I cant even explain how beautiful it was.
    I only said "thank you" without knowing who to thank for.. I was in deep meditation but I almost cried while listening to the song. After she finished singing and after thanking her, I woke up and very emotional, still can't believe what I heard.