Thread: OBE-signs in dreams and dwelling in some kind of empty space...

OBE-signs in dreams and dwelling in some kind of empty space...

Just a few notes.

I just read Buhlman's Adventures Beyond the Body and many of the things he mentions (and also other OBE-people mention) are recurrent features of my dreams and have been for a very long time. A couple of weeks ago I half-awoke and could not move and felt some kind of presence floating above my physical body behind my covering... I couldn't move and I my response was to force myself awake to get out of the threatening situation. I guess what I was feeling was my projected double... Had I had the habit of getting into an exit-technique, I might have had a conscious OBE. (I'm not at exit-training yet.)

I also remember many times half-awakening and being paralysed but not fully aware, still half-dreaming and this scares me. My solution is to will myself to sink downwards, this causes some kind of whooshing sound that I'd now (with my theoretical AP-knowledge) would think would be some kind of astral noise. Then I usually go unconscious and it's gone.

And this is maybe not about OBE's directly, but very many times I have become half-awake and absolutely known that I have a name, a life, a family, a job, an apartment, that is I know that these things exist, names, lives, families, jobs, apartments etc, but not at all known particulars, that is WHAT is my name, WHAT is in my life, WHO are my relatives, HOW does my apartment look like. It gets my attention as very weird that I do know that I have a name but I cannot at all remember it. During these experiences I am always in some kind of empty space half-knowing that I have a body, and a consciousness, but, nothing of the particulars of my physical life. Where am I do you think? Often I awake shortly in connection with these experiences. Can this be used to OBE? (Hmmm, I guess not becuase not even knowing my name I guess I wont be knowing that I'd like to OBE...)

My dreams also often have elevators in them, and they are very often menacing somehow, threatening to malfunction in various ways, the cable snapping, the floor coming loose, the controlling electronics breaking etc. I also fly and fall very often in my dreams.

I have not been so keen on using dreams to OBE from because I really like to have a nice night's sleep and pursue conscious projection during the day first. However, I might be more interested in my dreams later on, but for now I'd just like to sleep during the night.
    I deeply and truly respect beliefs and believers. Still... I want to know.

Blog Entries

Re: OBE-signs in dreams and dwelling in some kind of empty space...

However, I might be more interested in my dreams later on, but for now I'd just like to sleep during the night.
    Nothing wrong with that. That's what I've been feeling for the last couple of months though, sometimes, it seems my dreams do try to bring me to lucidity.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)