Thread: Interesting experience tonight

Interesting experience tonight

I haven't posted for a while, probably because i have been out of practice. but i had an interesting experience tonight that i was hoping for some input on.

I layed down to meditate for a bit, didn't feel i was getting anywhere so i rolled over to nap for a bit before my g/f got home. nodded off and started to dream.

me and my g/f had just arrived at a party, we didn't know anyone and everyone was many years younger than us. we wandered around for a bit, but i just felt really confused and out of place being there. suddenly i was back in my bed, seeing through my eyelids, and could do anything but look around with my eyes. i started having really weird, unintelligble thoughts(input?) then was seeing somewhere else simultaneously, when i tried to move i moved too fast to control well almost like skipping from spot to spot in an apt complex. in the view that was in my room i started to hear my g/f and 3 friends coming up stairs, one of them ssaying "its just the four of us, and a 'bob'". i went to rush to the door to let them in but my body was very clumbsy, but i managed to get to the door and open it. they handed me the 'bob' which turned out to be a lizard. i couldn't see it, or near it and most of my vision was very blurry. at this point i woke up about 3 seconds before my phone started ringing.

any thoughts? the lizard confuses me the most
    "It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours.
    It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell." -Buddha

Blog Entries

Re: Interesting experience tonight

Looks like you possibly have muddled recollections of a RTZ projection and false awakening or possibly a dream. Seeing through the eyelids is a common etheric body experience (I had one of those a few days ago during an afternoon meditation) that makes me think you probably had a projection in there somewhere.
    As a dream sign, lizards may signify shedding skin in order to grow but if you wish to understand this aspect it's best you think of the associations for you. I find random things from my day or week often enter my dreams in these apparently non-sensical ways.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Re: Interesting experience tonight

yeah...it was very real, but remembering it was like remembering a dream. i've had similar false awakenings, but not with so many dream state objects. i've also had the seeing through my eyelids but usually when i'm more lucid....but the lizard, it reminded me alot of experiences i've had with the dweller, which is in my understanding a projection of the self. it was hard to direct my eyes to it, and the more i tried the harder it got just like a dweller. i managed to look directly at the lizard, as i have with a dweller and it was completely shadowed. no face, no features, just sillouette. so i think perhaps you are right about the symbolism of the lizard, it makes sense with recent things in my life and the way it appeared. that you for you input
    "It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours.
    It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell." -Buddha