Thread: Binaural or isochronic?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Binaural or isochronic?

I would just like to say a few things about binaural beats. I will be biased and recommend hemi-sync. The reason I think they are a superior binaural beat is because they use a blend of tones. A lot of these binaural beats you find online will just bean you with a low theta frequency and say perfect for meditation. The reality is if you listen to a single tone of around 3.8 hz which borders delta then you will just fall asleep.

Hemi-sync conversely blends theta with a dash of alpha and a little beta. The idea is you go down to a theta state but you need the beta and alpha to keep you alert. Also the new SAM technology includes gamma frequencies which binaural beats can't recreate. Also a lot of the binaural beats out there don't bring you back properly so you are left ungrounded which is never good

Blog Entries

Does Hemi-Sync do isochronic beats?
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyWoman View Post
    Does Hemi-Sync do isochronic beats?
    No, hemi-sync is binaural beat and SAM is somewhere in-between which uses an arc of sound around the head. I think the potential in the SAM technology is very exciting but they are still learning a lot about it.

The main benefit of things like SAM and iso tones over binaural beats is that your brain doesn't have to do extra work. With binaural beats your brain is working to create the third tone all the time. To be honest I know little about isochronic tones apart from they don't sound very nice. Perhaps there are some nice ones but the ones I tried were like meditating to a passing commuter train.