Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Animals

Re: Animals

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo View Post
    In this sense the "animal nature" of the elementals can be brought up in dreams, but they can also appear as children (to show the degree of their growth and their specific issues, their role as "smaller selves"/points of identification) or people, depending on what specific quality or attribute is to be highlighted.
    Thanks for this. Like CFT, I will also make a huge mental note of it. Hmm, so maybe in my journal entry of Jan 28 I was right with this interpretation then when I wrote: "Therefore, maybe the little children were aspects of myself reminding me of this. Maybe the 'chocolates' also were meant to represent a kind of 'reward' for my retrieval success?"?
    This collector of useless clutter.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    Just making a note of this... I like it.

This makes me think of how sad it is when some religious and spiritual organizations demonize their own energy bodies (some the body, some the mind) and approach them as something to be tamed or suppressed.
    Just to say I am honoured to be in such wise company here!

Volgerle, I hope you don't mind, but I asked for clarity on your dreams, as they really resonated with me - (I have had some free time as I was off with gastro!) & the reply I "channeled" was, "Find and then AVOW your purpose".

I quickly scanned your dream images, & came up with the following associations, which I offer ONLY "for what they are worth" :

GREEN = heart chakra. I am certain that many people are experiencing heart chakra stimulation at present; there is definitely some sort of "activation" going on, which I THINK is to make us aware that we are all planetary species & the time has come to overthrow not just racism, but species-ism, too. I get the feeling that we are all being required to reach beyond the personal, to a higher level of existence.

Looking at your archetypes from a Hindu viewpoint, the elephants seem to represent the energy known as Ganesh, the remover of obstacles; the bird could represent the energy of Garuda (Vishnu's carrier); the cats/tigers would be Narasingha, etc.

And as regards the word keleb= dog, backwards = god.. . I find that reversing the order of letter in words can be revealing, & lately my dreams have become very wordy, even with puns!

The mp3 player could be your electronic "servitor", assisting you to assist others; you can OWN it, only because it does not have independent life force.

I have also had dreams about elephants, & I also hid over the edge of a cliff to escape the herd! But then I felt the soft, gentle trunks as they leant over & touched me. . . .

If I may share this, I also used to have many animal interactions in dreams; some of my earliest dreams as a small child were of injured animals. I have always been vegetarian, (I have never tasted flesh) & lately have become totally vegan as I became aware of the cruelty in dairy farming; something I had somehow not considered before; a sort of blindness engendered by my taste for cheese!

I have always taken a stand for animals, but lately I have become rather more of an "activist" in my small way. To me, it is of great importance not to cause undue harm; animals are also spirit-souls, as are we; they experience as we do, & I am convinced we have no right to feed on their bodies. One of my favourite quotes is from Isaac Bashevis Singer, "Every day is Treblinka for the animals". Since giving up dairy products & vowing to make my energy available for astral rescue of animals, I have very few animal dreams. But that may just be in my case.

I feel that we cannot evolve as long we remain active participants in the sentient food-chain. Yet I also think we should approach it from the understanding that human "carnies" are also victims of social injustice - whose mother sat them down as a small child, explained what meat is & where & how it is obtained, & ASKED whether that child chose to eat it or not? It is presented as a fact; part of the dominant human culture of Macht macht Recht. Those who choose not to eat corpses are always required to defend their stance, as if we are somehow "peculiar" for wanting the best for other species.

So I actually DO think you are being called on to assist animals in some way - but, please don't BUY a pet - adopt one instead. Your life will never be the same again, but both you & the animal will enjoy a mutual enrichment.

If I may end my proselityzing with a quote from Albert Einsten: "A human being is part of this whole, called by us "Universe", a part limited in time & space. He experiences himself, his thoughts & feelings, as separated from the rest - a kind of optical delusion of consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricitng us to our personal desires & to apportion for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourelves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures & the whole of nature in its beauty".

I know there are those who will argue that vegetables & fruit are also alive. I have no definite answer to that, except that they are not sentient in the sense of having nervous systems; also that eating an apple is actually assisting the tree in spreading the seeds. . . (My personal feeling is that anyone who can equate cutting the throat of an animal with picking a vegetable is a psychopath.)

Namaste!

Hi sono

Thanks, a lot for the kind words and interesting aspects you raise. Indeed this is what I also thought about. Maybe a green (active) heart chakra might attract animal-elemenals and you are able then to align more (on the astral) with these kinds of creatures/creations. That can also include that you align with animals on the physical levels more. I do not know anything about the Hindu metaphors for specific animals, so thanks for these interesting points.

Yes, and I am vegetarian, too. I had recently also thought about this to be yet another supporting reason for this attraction of animals. However, I have been a vegetarian again now for 2 years (also had a phase for about a year or so in the 90ies) and the animal dreams only happened recently. Before that, I hardly dreamt of animals although I can say I always liked anmials a lot.

So far I have not reached the state of veganism, which is indeed hard to attain for me. And yes, it's also the cheese and some other dairy-based products I cannot let go of. Although browing the internet gives you alternatives, such as 'vegan cheese' too. Normally, it is hard to get hold of this in normal retail outlets. Moreover, there is the cost factor. One already (as you might know) pays a lot on top for vegetarian products. Since I am also keen on buying 'organic' most of the times, I have a double burden. I'm afraid that specified vegan imitations of "normal" products just as cheese would definitily blow up my money wallet then. (However, sometimes I buy soya bean pudding now!).

As regards your problem with harvesting and consumption of plants, I recently listened to this "kind of channelled" material on this topic, which might interest you. You need to fast-forward to min 42:30 where an answer is given (I wish there was a script of it available though) exactly as to this question: http://www.monroeinstitute.org/downl...rer-series-10/

I think it also ties in with some of the shamanic views about plants (as drugs or supplements) and the state-of-consciousness-altering or even the temporary 'merging' of consciousness(es) by consuming them.

Personally, I also think that e.g. an apple or an orange (as a fruit/plant) is just "there for being eaten" at some point. From a mere ontological viewpoint, I have the feeling that "it" just invites you to bite into it by the nature of its being, and this is so almost in its natural and untempered state, true? Pigs, chickens, fish and cows don't necessarily do so, at least not raw . So maybe they (as conscious entities indeed - if they are) are 'fine with their purpose' because it IS their purpose? But that's just my opinion and speculation.

Yes, when the time is right, I might consider getting a dog, and yes, of course I did not mean buying but going to an animal's shelter for it.
    This collector of useless clutter.

I go away because you people rattle my cage too much. I return with more question's than answers because when the cage doors fall open, they are OPEN ... and the Nature of all things spill in from all aspects of life not just this one. *lol*

Korpo - I am in awe of your knowledge.

As an American Native I traditionally eat wild meat - fish, bison, bear, deer or moose; as a young adult in my twenties, I took offense to eating wild or domestic meat and became vegetarian. (I do not see how this advanced me spiritually at all). When I married in my early thirties, I reverted back to a subsistence oriented and wild meat diet, as was the tradition of my Native-raised husband. For indigenous people of Alaska eating wild meat is essential to gain the fat storage necessary to survive the winters. It is not brainwashing, it is a fact. You would not be able to survive off of plants and berries in Northern climates.

It is not what you eat that matters. It is the ATTITUDE in which you eat. Traditionally, the people of my mother, the Yupik, celebrate the upcoming hunt or meat harvest with prayer, song and dance. They state their need and intention to Nature who provides for them. When a hunter takes an animals life for food, it is a sacred act. Yupiks are very conscious people, of how all life is interconnected and give sentience to everything. The animals that thrive around them are their brothers, sisters and cousins, so their life is never is taken for granted, even if the meat of fish and mammals are relished. The Yupiks were also huge lucid dreamers with a huge knowledge of the astral realms mixed into their folklore. So, I do not see how their diet hindered them one bit. The diet of Western civilization, however, has nearly annihilated them.

So, this is my contribution: when a man takes an animal or vegetable and eats it ignorantly without consciousness towards its elemental spirit or vital life energy that is when what he eats affects him spiritually. In our modern world our food is often killed and processed for us, so we are often out of touch with its life energy. I think that is more damaging to us than eating flesh could ever be.
    Last edited by imogen; 4th March 2012 at 05:11 PM.
    The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. ~ Albert Einstein