Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sex relation to energy

sash Guest

Sex relation to energy

I would like to start a discussion about how sex influences energy work for Astral Dynamics forum members, and how you manage it in your energy work.

Over the past week I have been at a workshop for eliminating the ego and attaining spiritual freedom.

I had attained a strong sense of inner peace towards the end of the workshop. I also noticed powerful energy sensations, through all of my chakras, and I had finally managed to feel the last major chakra that I had been struggling with (throat).

I don't know if the energy activity had something to do with someone sending it. My mum has been in contact with a few people who are supposedly sending us energy at the moment, but I am not aware if that had anything to do with it.

I do know that I could clairvoyantly observe the room with minimum effort during the workshop, and my cold almost cured completely. The thing is, that as soon as I had sex the night after the workshop I fell into a slump and lost a lot of the peace and strength that I had before. I also lost much of the energy awareness I had.

I've read about sex effects on the energy body, energy depletion and loss of awareness etc.

Has this been the case for anyone?

Surely for successful energy work you don't just stop having sex permanently?

Does anyone here use any transmutation exercises such as tantra? I'm really interested in as many opinions and experiences with this as possible.

Warm Regards,
    Alexander

solitarypanther Guest

eliminating ego

I've been through the same thing you're describing, that is, the feeling of energy depletion after sex and losing some degree of energy awareness. It's taken me years to figure out why, and I'm sure it varies depending on individual experience and subconscious programming, but for me I determined that it was a combination of the subconscious belief that sex is a wasteful and inappropriate activity (from my parents) and that anything to do with ego and self-gratification depletes spiritual energy/resources (from various spiritual doctrines and organizations).

Fortuanately, I decided that to divide sex and spirit is more draining than it is uplifting. As with any activity you put your energy into, you can overdo it. By keeping a balanced outlook, and taking time for sex, play, work, exercise, hobbies, energy work, prayer, etc. you should notice an INCREASE of energy flow after sex.

There was also a certain amount of guilt I had to overcome about sex. There is nothing wrong with enjoying the body that you have been gifted with. If you overdo it, no one is keeping count except yourself. Give yourself a break and learn to listen to what your body tells you--every human has cycles they go through, it might be helpful to keep a journal or calendar that keeps track of the ups and downs, as well as the feelings and attitudes you have during these times.

Hope that helps

Monkeymind Guest
    I did a google search a couple of weeks ago on this subject, and what I found was a number of techniques on how to preserver sexual energy. This is a good place to start.

http://www.emerald-energies.com/index.php

The e-book was Taoist Secrets of Love - Cultivating Male Sexual Energy.

Tantra can also provide you with some help.

I started using the techniques about two weeks ago and I have really felt a difference.

Hopes this helps.

Renaissance Guest
    Hey sash, I'm certainly no expert but sexual cultivation has been an interest of mine for some time now. One of the things I have found in my studies and practice is that a tremendous amount of sexual energy is expelled when the body ejaculates. This is of greater significance in men but still holds true for woemen. Therefore it is better to practice extended and whole body orgasms where one does not ejaculate. Of course the body does go through cycles and full release is necessary periodicaly dependant on ones age. I'm not sure about the whole story for the ladies but for men ages 18-26 it's about once every four days 27-34 once every two weeks and it continues that way with less and less frequency the older you are until you reach a certain age where you sholdn't ever go all the way.
    In my own cultivation practice I have deffinately noticed changes in energy levels dependant on where I am in the cycle. Day one is pretty low. Day two starts to escalate, three is pretty full blown and on day four my sexual energy is just about uncontrolable until I finish the cycle. Once I've finished the cycle I feel pretty relaxed and good because it's like I lowered the energy level but since there was so much there I didn't take too much energy away or drain from an already low reserve which is what happens if you go every day.

anyways I hope that helps
    Travis

Astralsailor Guest
    Didnt read any of the answers
    but im just gonna say what i think from my experience and what i read.

You are the one in controll of it so it is not something that just suddently stop. You will still have inner peace if you want it. I find it that sex does can releas sexual energi or what you shoul call it. It stored in stomeck chakra some say some say root. I dont really know but i feel that it does store it. And having sex is not something bad in thid case at all rather the oppiset. It can keep you energy balanced but i would not recomend to much from what i read and well..
    It says some about it in Franse Barnods book "Initiations to Hermatics"

star Guest
    You can also direct that energy you lose in orgasm to different parts of the body, to clear blocks, empore chakras, fix holes in the aura. and so on.

easy directions> at the moment of orgasm visualize a bright white light going from the groin up the spine to wherever you need it ;P

Ides Guest
    There is also a way to "recycle" the energy which is supposed to be quite wonderful, though I have not yet taken the presence of mind (distracted I guess) to fully explore this. It does from a more backround effect show some psoitve responses.

The link to an explantion is here:

http://www.spiritofmaat.com/archive/apr1/ankhing.htm

If anyone manages to fully cultivate the expereince he is speaking of, please inform us.

Highly recommended that warnings about dealing with energy are observed in the article, there is a huge amount of energy involved in "release".

Best to all

sash Guest
    Thanks for the excellent replies. Each one of them resonated within me to some extent.

There seems to be some kind of secret doorway leading to enlightenment behind the manipulation of sexual energy.

Ides, that is a very interesting article you posted. Has anyone tried this technique? It sounds fascinating.

It seems to me from the general flow of the posts that one has to attain a certain degree of energy body development to do any kind of sexual energy manipulation. It is certainly interesting to read about though.

Warm Regards,
    Alexander

Ides Guest
    Hi, Alexander.

For my 2 cents it would be a good idea to get your energy body "in shape" before really trying to do things like manipulating such a large load of energy.

Roberts NEW techniques are an excellent place to start, and will give you a lot more control over what the enrgy does, the feeling if what you are trying to do is right or wrong, etc....

Best