That's fun stuff, LoneCrow! Sounds like you've had some interesting experiences; I hope you'll post more about 'em.

Lately I've been having some funny Babelfish kind of moments... I was riding in a car with relatives and they were talking away in Korean, and I perked up and asked "Hey, are we going to get to see Biwan?" Unbeknownst to me (and my Korean is VERY shoddy), they had just been discussing palaces for the last 30 minutes and had forgotten that I didn't speak any Korean, and just thought that I was continuing the conversation.

At work yesterday, my coworker was working on a Spanish dub of a Moonlighting episode, and I watched the characters talking for a few moments and then I asked my coworker "Hey, when are they going to talk about the pequeño?" It felt like an odd thing to say, to pick a random Spanish word, but I just said it. Somehow it just struck me that with the words I was hearing, a common word that came up was pequeño. So my coworker explains to me that they're talking about Bruce Willis' wife and how she had a son by him, and it was just odd to me because I had no idea what a pequeño was, and that's what they WERE talking about... a child! (Without ya know, having said the word pequeño yet)