Thread: Connecting with guides

Connecting with guides

I have been focusing on connecting with my guides or my guardian angel. The problem I have is "imagining" or visualising a special place for meeting. I have always had a terrible time seeing things while relaxed or meditating. I will focus on a place and think of details (like relaxing on a beach, or near a stream) but I never am able to "see" it in my mind. What I typically do is relax and focus on connecting, I will ask them to come to me and let us be able to communicate. Yes I say please and thank you! I will then think of being relaxed and open to them in whichever place I choose. I think of details like, warm sun, blue skies, fluffy clouds, sand, waves, etc. I focus on this and just "be" there. Again I never actually "see" it in my mind.

From what I have read (and this is where I need input) you must be "in" a special place to make contact with a guide or angel?? Will they not come to you if not in a special place? Is it that I have done something to tick them off?? Will they only come when they need to tell me something?

Why do I want to connect with them? Because I want to know them and see what advice they may have. I think it would be neat to just know they are there (here) and that we can communicate.
    If you care to read my experiences go to: http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...Russmi3-AP-Log

Blog Entries

Re: Connecting with guides

From what I have read (and this is where I need input) you must be "in" a special place to make contact with a guide or angel?? Will they not come to you if not in a special place?
    I don't know where you read that but that is a "negatory".
    Guides will show up when you need them, where you need them. The thing is that they don't always show themselves in a way you recognize- and this leads people to believe that they didn't show.
    Any guiding experience- from "a hunch" to a 'synchronous event', to something someone says (in the physical)- to a "forced abduction" to a "dweller experience" to a meeting with dream characters in which you learn something can be a guided experience- an 'astral simulation' (in the AD Pedia, but someone asked recently so you may find it in the 'What's New' tab) can be the results of what your guide(s) are doing.
    What is rare is the 'bright and shiny being taking you somewhere or showing you something'- although it does happen- but it's not the only thing guides do.
    Yes, it is a good practice to develop a 'place' where you can make contact with your guides or self aspects, as Kurt Leland describes in Multidimensional Human, because it makes things easier in context, but it would be helpful if you're in a trance deep enough for you to 'see' the place you create- because once you have created this place it is 'yours' for you to use.

Cheers-
    C.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Re: Connecting with guides

There are just as many different guides as there are different protégés, with different methods, preferences and strenghts. I know visualising a special place to meet up with guides is a method that works wonderfully well for some, but to be honest, I never had any success doing so up til now. It may be that visualising is not exactly my forte.

I do however have more success with connecting through feelings. I simply hold within feelings of gratefulness, joy and love that rise in me as I think of my guides, assuming that they always monitor my feelings and thoughts, that they listen and understand, that they are loving and there for me no matter what, even though I may not always be aware of their presence. Then I talk to them from within, send them thoughts and feelings. Sometimes I simply rest in these feelings, without any word.

At first, I had no real mean to tell whether they were really around or not, but I do have reasons to think that they were there nevertheless. And since like you, I had this genuine desire to get in touch with them, I think we worked together on opening channels of communication over time, during meditations… So maybe you could ask your guides to help you open the best suited channels for you to get in touch with them.

It may be visual, it may also be completely something else. For instance, when they want to let me know that they are around, I may start feeling a soft breeze, sense a scent, or hear a brief high pitched `signal` in one ear. Sometimes these seem to be in reaction to a thought or feeling I had while `talking` to the presence I felt around… It is really like a form of communication, although it is not at all visual, and it is certainly not as if we were chatting around a cup of tea, but still…

That said, as CFT explained, many guides or higher aspects choose to work through subtle means… It may seem less exciting than a chat in the astral around a cup of coffee, but in fact subtle hints aren’t boring at all when we start paying attention to them!

And although it is likely to be very different from one person to another, your guides may already be showing up in your dreams. They may be hard to recognize as theymay not introduce themselves as your guides, but some of the persons you meet in dreams, who seem familiar but are unknown to you in the physical, may be guides indeed (or higher aspects). They may also take on the appearance of someone else you know in the physical, based on how you sense they are. For instance, a guide or a higher aspect whom you sense as a teacher may appear as an old teacher you liked back in school…

You may also explore all kinds of other means such as the tarot, the pendulum, the ouija board and so on, if these appeal to you…

One last thing :
    ``Is it that I have done something to tick them off??``
    I doubt that