Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Thread about "demons" from another forum

Blog Entries

Re: Thread about "demons" from another forum

There's a few paragraphs in this AC by Kurt about how the deva (a more general term for angel Kurt uses) and the human evolution relate to each other. It would however need more explaining to be fully understandable. He will probably elaborate on this in a future book.

In "Music and the Soul" Kurt also talks about how devas can become inspirations for works of art. It can be bought again here. Find more about the devas and music creation here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo View Post
    In "Music and the Soul" Kurt also talks about how devas can become inspirations for works of art. It can be bought again here. Find more about the devas and music creation here.
    That's good news... It seemed impossible to get a copy at a decent price over here when I looked before.

I think it would work best if one asked an angel for something that is truly needed. I think this would yield the best response.
    Very well said, and thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Defectron View Post
    True, it may not have been an angel, but my point still stands. My point being regardless of what you are trying to call, you should be careful, because even if you guys are right in that there's no danger whatsoever in dealing with angels, there's still the possibility the wrong person could get your message.
    Your point does stand, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyWoman View Post
    I agree with that, except, I'm not necessarily convinced that there is no danger involved with dealing with angels. They're pretty powerful, and can be downright terrifying. Are they harmful? Well, they can be, according to most angel lore. Michael carries a great big sword, according to all the traditions. I don't think he'd be likely to cut you in two with it or anything, but an ultra-powerful being with a sword is not something to take lightly, IMHO. Caution is always well-advised.
    Some stories make them appear pretty terrifying indeed, but they are precisely…stories
    …Which doesn’t mean that there is no truth at all in these stories, whether literally or symbolically, but in my opinion, it would be a real challenge now to discern for sure true elements from pure invention and from what has been distorted, intently or not, over time. And so, in my opinion, unless the nature of one’s personal experience reveals itself to be worrysome indeed, there is no solid ground for fear, although I agree that caution (opening up little by little) is advisable, as it would be advisable with any very well-known or newly met person in the physical.

That said, when it comes to St.Michael, although my experience is not that extensive, I have only experienced positive things whenever I prayed him, and found nothing to be worried about… I’d even say that he can answer with a touch of humor, in a lighthearted way

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by poème View Post
    Some stories make them appear pretty terrifying indeed, but they are precisely…stories
    Isn't it wise to be prepared with a full arsenal of information before you go summoning random entities to try to get them to do your bidding? Just seems like common sense to me. More to the point, summoning random entities is dangerous business in and of itself, but I'm sure there are those who will disagree with me. I know for sure there are some new age writers out there who have painted pictures of angels as fluffy, cute, adorable happy-to-help-anyone-who-calls entities, and maybe beings like that do exist, but they definitely don't match up with ancient lore.

Maybe it's ALL made up nonsense, though. That's entirely possible. Likely, even, and not just "angels", but EVERYTHING. But that's another discussion, and hardly anyone ever knows what I'm talking about with that, so I won't go there.

Quote Originally Posted by poème View Post
    That said, when it comes to St.Michael, although my experience is not that extensive, I have only experienced positive things whenever I prayed him, and found nothing to be worried about… I’d even say that he can answer with a touch of humor, in a lighthearted way
    My experiences of Michael are also positive, but quite overwhelming. He's not an entity/archetype to be taken lightly. There's a reason the word "awe" is typically associated with angels.

I'm going to bow out of this thread now.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

Certain higher beings, be they angels or human, can inspire awe, deep reverence or even fear, not by intention, but by simple impression. It is our reaction when we make contact with them.

Kurt likes to describe his encounter with an angel by quoting German poet Rilke:

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Leland
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilke
    Who then, if I cried out, would hear me among the angelic orders? And tranquil himself, should one suddenly take me into his heart, I'd die of that greater existence. For beauty is nothing but that terror's beginning, as much as we can stand, and it amazes us so, because it coolly disdains to destroy us. Every Angel is terrifying.
    My angels seem to be immensely powerful and wise. They don't intend to be terrifying. But their level of spiritual development can feel like such an intense pressure to change oneself that it might seem to be destructive, to one's ego at least.
    (from: "The Unanswered Question" by Kurt Leland)

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Leland
    “The best way to eradicate false personality is to expose you to a higher level of bliss--the divine love of the Source--than you feel comfortable with. False personality squirms under this exposure so that you can identify and deal with it. The trick, however, is not to overwhelm you with this love, since it can terrify you.

“Remember Rilke’s angel, whose embrace is the beginning of terror, but also indescribably beautiful, “because it serenely disdains to annihilate.” The procedure we have in mind will place you in exactly the position described by Rilke--a little more divine love than you can comfortably bear, almost annihilating, but only to the false aspects of your personality.

”If you think of the divine love of the Source as light, then the procedure is designed to eliminate the dark and shadowy areas from your being--those resistant to the light. It only feels like annihilation to people who completely identify with those shadowy areas.”
    (from: http://www.kurtleland.com/astral-pro...ne-causal-body)

Blog Entries

My own translation would be like this, leaning on Kurt's:

Quote Originally Posted by Rilke
    Who, if I cried out, would hear me of the Orders of Angels? And if it just would happen one took me to its heart: I'd wither because of its stronger Being. Beauty is nothing then but a beginning of something terrifying we can barely stand, and we admire it for it coolly disdains to destroy us. Every angel is terrifying.

Certain higher beings, be they angels or human, can inspire awe, deep reverence or even fear, not by intention, but by simple impression. It is our reaction when we make contact with them.
    Have you ever met a human or know a spiritual person who's presence inspires awe? Also, how do you think one reaches such a state? Through years or energy work, meditation etc. ?

Blog Entries

Hello, Genesis.

I would say that with incarnated humans our experience is not as immediate. We never perceive all of a human as we do in nonphysical reality. There we are directly in touch with the energy of a being or entity and this can be very overwhelming. This is what Kurt refers to in his experience.

From my own experience I can relate some things - becoming aware of a greater portion of your own soul can be very frightening. Hard to describe, but the immensity felt overwhelming, I felt off-balance and scared. It was too much. I needed to process it to let go of that fear. I needed the rest of the day to settle, which was good.

Another encounter of a similar kind years ago unsettled me without me even knowing why. I had tapped into a state of consciousness which seemed to be very desirable, a higher perspective of detachment and direct observation, not by virtue of my own deeds but by sheer grace. Even though this was not in any way even remotely bad, it unsettled me deeply, things shifted inside me (figuratively), and I needed a lot of processing - probably more than a week - to digest this experience enough to feel settled in myself again.

These two were just encounters with my own soul and a higher state of consciousness. Essentially all of this is part of my potential, so there is a basis how I can relate to that. And still it was very overwhelming, simply too much, in a way I cannot relate. Both required shifts in my identity and the beliefs I identify with, and this is what Kurt describes - a need to realign yourself. A very powerful invitation to change that can feel very threatening to the ego.

On another occasion I was very frightened when having a root canal treatment. It was all going well, but it was my first and I also I am afraid of dental treatments, so I called out in my mind for help that it all would go well. I was sitting there on the chair, the dentist and assistant poking around in my mouth when I felt a presence enter. The presence felt so good and I felt so immensely grateful that it had come, I thought in mind "Thank you, Jesus!" and only then realised that this was how it had felt. I am not a Christian, but this was the only feeling I could identify this presence with, so maybe it was an angel. Maybe a more human entity. But it had felt so good to be in its presence, I was awash in gratitude. Not overwhelming on this occasion, but very good.

According to Kurt entities have tried to shield him from this effect when they visited him. He would see someone in dark robes stand at the foot of his bed, which would at first seem frightening. It turned out, however, in the course of the adventure, that what he saw as dark robes was a shielding, preventing Kurt from getting freaked out by the sheer presence of that being. It was as if an immense light was hidden behind that robes.

Kurt saw another version of that shielding in his afterlife tour described in Otherwhere, this time to do with "Emissaries" - beings from other reality systems. He saw them roughly in humanoid shapes in thick layers of clothes, but it seemed like strange things would hide and dwell below that, not humans. This was his awareness of how a being can adapt to our reality system for a visit, similar to a shield, but be fundamental different below. Maybe that differentness would have been scary, else. We tend to fear the unknown and the alien, and this very same fear can be triggered by higher consciousness, which is alien to our earthly ego.

I have also been present when Kurt channeled Charles once. It was a strange and wonderful experience. It was as if a change had come to the room, as if there were colors I couldn't quite see and a feeling of being comfortable in the presence. I had been nervous when I met Kurt for the first time in person, but it was gone when I "met" Charles. After Charles "left" even my nervousness returned.

These are all experiences along this continuum where the beauty of higher consciousness and the fascination with the mystery can either be deeply touching or become slightly too much or even more than that. We often only see the tip of the iceberg, but when we see more of the thing, that's where the awe starts. It's this experience of being dwarfed in comparison.

How to get there? Spiritual growth. But what really leads to spiritual growth - a million answers depending on who you ask.

Oliver
    Last edited by CFTraveler; 24th February 2012 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Wanted to Highlight it

Thanks for your reply, Korpo. Interesting stuff.

9. Re: Thread about "demons" from another forum

All demons come from within...other than that, I don't believe in any