Not to long ago King Kandazi told me some things that seemed to imply I should find an Ishta devata which should be able to help in psychic development, for more information on what an ishta devata is go here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I%E1%B9...Da-devat%C4%81

The one in question appears to be Shiva based on the clues I have gotten. Now from what I hear in this practice there is a special sort of mantra to be used for the being in question called a dvadakshari mantra. however I have run into a couple issues.

First, I heard that before doing anything for Shiva I first need to ot o Ganesha since he's sort of a gatekeeper one needs to pass through if anyone read up on voudoun he is similar to Legba in that respect. I'm really not sure what to do here. I read a bit about dvadakshari mantras in a pdf explaining the concept of Ishta Devata. So would I do Ganeshas dvadakshari mantra before doing Shivas or is there something else involved here? Also so for I have been unablet o find the mantra for Shiva or though I may have been able to find Ganeshas. I did a search and did find some mantras associated with Shiva, but I think these may be the wrong ones based on how the ones I have been able to find are structured in comparison.

But yes any help in figuring this out would be appreciated.