Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: what actually IS* doubt?

1. Re: what actually IS* doubt?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkChylde View Post
    I didn't really get that , are you saying that doubt is "fear of failure",
    Doubt is not an emotion. The emotion of fear is often a result of doubt but not inherent in its nature. For example, I doubt that I'll be kidnapped by aliens tonight. Meaning I expect that not to happen. There is no fear in that doubt, in fact, there is relief in it.

but when someone is engaged in manifestation isn't it pre-supposed they have pre-visualized the moment/target/reward happening? (as in intent desire and clarity of need are not the issue).
    Yes, but they may still doubt, that is, expect it not to happen.

Like what was discussed earlier in the thread that one should implicitly resolve doubt (or fear of failure in this case) before the manifestation is partaken?
    Doubt is not fear. Doubt in the process means you do not expect it to yield a result regardless of how you feel about it. If the result is important for you and your degree of doubt high, then yes, you'll experience fear, but the fear is just a value judgement that comes after doubt is factored in.

2. Re: what actually IS* doubt?

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyWoman View Post
    How about, "I doubt that I'm worthy of this thing I want" or "I doubt that I'm emotionally ready for this" or "I doubt that this will happen, even though I want it"? Those are much more specific doubts, certainly, but they're not the same as "I doubt that thoughts become things" or "I doubt that my beliefs shape my experience of reality". It's entirely possible to believe that your thoughts create your reality while still believing a bunch of other stuff simultaneously about how it will or will not work.
    Doubting in "worth" is the same as not believing that belief creates reality. Doubting that this thing will happen even though I want it is the same as doubting that belief creates reality. The emotional readiness thing is more of an unsureness of what you want than a doubt, or maybe you could say it is the doubt that you know what is best for you, so ok. You could also doubt that you have enough control over your thoughts to focus your experience in the direction you desire.

3. Re: what actually IS* doubt?

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    The second group, the external-contemporary damaging beliefs are as such:
    You turn on the TV, and you hear about how your inability to go to sleep in four seconds may be because of 'stress', 'restless leg syndrome', or any of many maladies that probably been invented to sell products. In other words, you are constantly hearing how defective you really are, and why you need this or that product.
    While it is obvious that there is a feedback loop, which is primary? Do thoughts manifest into experiences or do experiences manifest into thoughts? Do you turn your TV and hear about how defective you are and then get the thoughts that you are defective, or do you think you are defective and then turn on the TV and hear it confirmed in experience?

Blog Entries

Re: what actually IS* doubt?

Quote Originally Posted by lycan View Post
    While it is obvious that there is a feedback loop, which is primary? Do thoughts manifest into experiences or do experiences manifest into thoughts? Do you turn your TV and hear about how defective you are and then get the thoughts that you are defective, or do you think you are defective and then turn on the TV and hear it confirmed in experience?
    It depends on the primary input- if you heard as a child that you were defective to begin with, and then are subject to external defective-propaganda, then you already believe this and then are further influenced into believing it.
    So, the feedback loop doesn't have to be obviously causated, because there are so many sources of influence.
    However, if you are raised by people who brought you up knowning you are perfect (how many people do you think have been?) then it's easier to become aware of this and to fight it by all the tools necessary, and not become another statistic, so to speak.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3